Topic: New Scorsese & Tarantino in 2019

Is anybody else looking forward to THE IRISHMAN & ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD next year?

Re: New Scorsese & Tarantino in 2019

THE IRISHMAN for sure.  It'll be great to see Pesci in action again.  Word is, the de-aging special effects being utilized are going to be amazing...real 'next level' type special effects.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Yes, those two films will probably be something special  ajb007/smile

I'll see the new Tarantino but I've kinda soured on him of late.  I thought that THE HATEFUL 8 was overindulgent to the extreme, and I don't see him curbing that indulgence level for his new movie.  If he produces something lean and mean ala JACKIE BROWN, then I'll eat my hat.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Gymkata wrote:

I'll see the new Tarantino but I've kinda soured on him of late.  I thought that THE HATEFUL 8 was overindulgent to the extreme, and I don't see him curbing that indulgence level for his new movie.  If he produces something lean and mean ala JACKIE BROWN, then I'll eat my hat.

Yes, his last three films have gone increasingly over the top. I enjoyed quite a lot about Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds but both needed a producer to say 'that's enough Quentin'. The Hateful 8 was just awful - rambling and dull.

I look forward to both films.  I haven't seen TH8, but I very much enjoyed Silence.

Also, it's interesting that Scorsese's (one of my fave directors) working with Pacino (one of my fave actors) although both are veterans.  And having DeNiro, Pesci and Pacino together in a Scorsese film should be very interesting.

Pitt and DiCaprio are among my favorite actors, so having them together in a Tarantino flick should rule (Tarantino's another one of my fave directors).

"Hostile takeovers.  Shall we?"

1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. OP 5. TSWLM 6. MR 7. TWINE 8. TMWTGG 9. OHMSS 10. FRWL 11. L&LD 12. SF 13. LtK 14. YOLT 15. DN 16. QoS 17. DAD 18. AVTAK 19. CR 20. TB 21. FYEO 22. DAF (SP to be included later; GE to be rewatched and re-ranked)
1) Brosnan 2) Dalton 3) Moore 4) Connery 5) Lazenby and Craig