Some things I know to be TRUE.

Hi guys, I work at MGM Pictures and as much as I hate first time posters new to message boards dropping bombshells like this one, I've been a huge bond fan for 35 years and I just need to get off my chest a few things I know to fellow fans, coz I worked quite closely on this production for 3 months (not currently). Firstly Danny Boyles behaviour on this production was shoddy and unprofessional. Daniel Craig basically moved mountains in order to get Boyle to accept the directing gig and help him see what a great time he could have and what would hopefully be a terrific Bond movie. Going against his public persona as an amiable everyman director, Boyle actually has a hugely inflated ego and arrogance, I suppose understandably given the success he has achieved but unlike Sam Mendes, NO ONE can be bigger than Danny Boyle on any project he takes on. Not even it seems the character of Bond himself. This would have been a Danny Boyle movie, not a James Bond movie. And sadly not a Daniel Craig movie either . . . . . .

. . . . . . Despite Craig giving Boyle the red carpet treatment and building all the necessary bridges to getting EON/DANJAQ to accept Boyle as Director, Boyle went behind Craig's back to get him replaced as Bond. Simply, Boyle very much liked the idea of getting himself in the history books as the first director to cast an actor of colour as Bond. Now as a person of colour myself, yeah id love to see a black James Bond one day. But I, and a lot of others on the project didn't like the way in which Boyle went about trying to oust Daniel from the role, because Daniel is one of the nicest actors I've ever met or worked with and it was very underhand and nasty, especially because, as previously mentioned, it was Craig who brought the project to Boyle. It's true that Boyle wanted to cast IDRIS ELBA as Bond or failing that JOHN BOYEGA. Look there probably will be a black Bond one day and no one at the studio is against that in any way, but BARBARA BROCCOLI is CUBBY BROCCOLI'S daughter and Cubby was a man who commanded a lot of respect and loyalty and she didn't flinch in supporting her actor and showed the same loyalty to Daniel that he deserved after 4 successful movies, the same sort of loyalty Cubby would have.

The Director who will replace Boyle will likely be TOM HOOPER & I can reveal that the title favoured by EON, DANJAQ, MGM, Broccoli, Michael G Wilson and Daniel Craig Himself is BOND, JAMES BOND, selected because the movie will likely be Daniels last and the film will reflect the feeling that the character is finally sure of his own destiny.

Hope this is of interest guys and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
All the best
YK

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Welcome Yellowknight -{ I love your sense of fun :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    :))
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) -{ nice one
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Do you know anyone in Switzerland, perhaps named Jason? :D
    You remind me of him...
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    edited September 2018
    Nice try....... :)) We know this is all fake because it is common knowledge around here that Daniel Craig is too short, blond, mean and hates James Bond and would rather cut his wrists than be nice to anybody. Plus, we all know that Babs and Michael are too stupid and bumbling to really make a successful Bond film and they are evil Daniel's puppets anyway. :)) :s
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Slow day in Leeds then?
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,058Chief of Staff
    Boyle wanted to cast IDRIS ELBA as Bond or failing that JOHN BOYEGA.

AA_OLD_MAN_6.jpg

I've got a bad feeling about this...
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Isn't Tom Hooper supposed to start filming "Cats" in November?
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    And Idris Elba is currently filming "Hobbs and Shaw" and probably will be at least through the end of the year.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Nice try....... :)) We know this is all fake because it is common knowledge around here that Daniel Craig is too short, blond, mean and hates James Bond and would rather cut his wrists than be nice to anybody. Plus, we all know that Babs and Michael are too stupid and bumbling to really make a successful Bond film and they are evil Daniel's puppets anyway. :)) :s

Splendid, utterly splendid but incomplete. You omitted money grabbing, arrogant and egotistical :)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Yes, the three dwarfs Disney never told us about. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

Also the name of my Solicitors.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I'm not sure this thread went in the direction YellowKnight intended.... :v
    :)) :)) :)) :))
    I think his 100% True information, helped to bring
    The whole AJB community together. Which can only
    Be a beautiful thing. I have to stop now as I'm getting
    Too emotional, and my tears of joy are falling on my
    phone screen. ;)
    I think his 100% True information, helped to bring
    The whole AJB community together. Which can only
    Be a beautiful thing. I have to stop now as I'm getting
    Too emotional, and my tears of joy are falling on my
    phone screen. ;)
    It is a beautiful thing TP, all we need now is Higgins to return properly and snow to fall in number 24s back garden and the world will be perfect :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    So I take it this is all for the birds then?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    ... I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
    All the best
    YK

I’m still trying to work out Sir Hillary Bray’s last cryptic question in the James Bond Anagram thread (Actor: be nicer to labour) from November last year - if you’d oblige?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    With all film series titles giving their latest film the name of the main character, calling the next Bond film "BOND, JAMES BOND" makes a lot of sense. The next Die Hard film has just been given the cringe worthy title of "McClane". I'm doubtful that Bond will be spared this terrible trend. Craig's films have shown that EON cares about following trends in film.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    edited September 2018
    Calling the movie "Bond, James Bond" is a terrible idea.
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Calling hehe movie "Bond, James Bond" is a terrible idea.

I think 007 is more likely
    The Bondster ! ;)
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,737MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:

Also the name of my Solicitors.

I use the Law Firm of "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe".
    Solaris wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I hate the fact that spelling/autocorrect mistakes live on in quotes even after I correct the origional post :#
    Title idea ..... " Better late than never " :D
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Solaris wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I hate the fact that spelling/autocorrect mistakes live on in quotes even after I correct the origional post :#

Saved before you edit the latest one.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Craig's films have shown that EON cares about following trends in film.

Hardly a new phenomenon with EON's Bond films. LALD followed the Blaxploition craze, TMWTGG the martial arts films of the early 70's, Moonraker following Star Wars, and even LTK and the generic 80's drug cartel action films.

Bond hasn't been a cinematic trend-setter in 50 years.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Craig's films have shown that EON cares about following trends in film.

Hardly a new phenomenon with EON's Bond films. LALD followed the Blaxploition craze, TMWTGG the martial arts films of the early 70's, Moonraker following Star Wars, and even LTK and the generic 80's drug cartel action films.

Bond hasn't been a cinematic trend-setter in 50 years.

I'm aware of that. I'm just pointing out that they're still interested in following trends. Because it's more high-brow to have a character-based story, titling the film with the name of the character ensures that people know it's going to be a high-brow film! 8-)
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    This trend of naming films after the main character is the single dumbest thing in the history of cinema. I hope this "trend" passes really soon, it's stupid, unimaginative, and insulting.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    With all film series titles giving their latest film the name of the main character, calling the next Bond film "BOND, JAMES BOND" makes a lot of sense. The next Die Hard film has just been given the cringe worthy title of "McClane". I'm doubtful that Bond will be spared this terrible trend. Craig's films have shown that EON cares about following trends in film.

I think Eon will have enough sense to give B25 a decent title. If they ever did title a Bond film, JAMES or just BOND, I will emotionally prepare myself for the day when new Bond films are a thing of the past. I've pretty much already started doing so with the Craig era and long gaps between films.

Current film titles are one of the laziest trends in motion picture history (along with bland poster artwork). "McClane" is a crap title, as was "Logan", IMO and "Jason Bourne". I have yet to see those films and will probably pass on the next Die Hard. We must be living in an era where audiences are assumed to be so dense they wouldn't know what movie they were watching unless the main character's name is in the title.