TOM FORD HARRINGTON Project 2 (2019)

Hi

A number of people have already had this from the last project, I have been speaking to TOM FORD about a 2nd run this time both in Cream and Navy.

If you are interested add your name to the list:

NAVY HARRINGTON
1. Jared_nomak (Ross DiCarlo)
2. Sruzgar (Simon)

CREAM HARRINGTON
2. Jared_nomak (Ross DiCarlo)

I know a couple of others are interested if you are please add your name and will see if we can get them to do another run to help newer members or people who missed out for other reasons.

Comments

• Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Hello Jared.

Thank you very much for trying this new venture. As a new member, I didn't follow the last project so here are my first questions, if you are okay with that :-)

What do we must expect price wise for that jacket ? What would be the average delay between being on the waiting list and delivery ? Where can we have informatons regarding the size chart ? Would the navy model be SA ?

Thank you very much and my apologies if all those questions have already been answered in the old thread. If you wish you can redirect me to this old thread ;-)

Sorry for my bad english too....

All my best,
    Fred
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    I am definitely in for the navy!

NAVY HARRINGTON
    2. Sruzgar (Simon)
    3. Victor B

CREAM HARRINGTON
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    161010-daniel-craig-quantum-solace-tom-ford-jacket.jpg

13ccafca4ebdf8e80821e3e3d905006b--daniel-craig-style-daniel-craig-.jpg
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

Thank you very much for trying this new venture. As a new member, I didn't follow the last project so here are my first questions, if you are okay with that :-)

What do we must expect price wise for that jacket ? What would be the average delay between being on the waiting list and delivery ? Where can we have informatons regarding the size chart ? Would the navy model be SA ?

Thank you very much and my apologies if all those questions have already been answered in the old thread. If you wish you can redirect me to this old thread ;-)

All my best,
    Fred

Hi
    From initial discussions price will be as before €1990 and €1631.15 for non eu residents (Prices do not include shipping).

As for the size chart this will
    Have to be discussed if it is sized before like the last run, I would suggest you size down one size from your normal TOM FORD size.
    Ross
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Fred007, to add to what Ross said: Yes, the navy is SA.

As for time, patience is a virtue. The last project took quite a long time since 50 people were needed to get the fabric made. If more fabric needs to be made look at needing 45-50 interested parties for each at a minimum.

Here's the timeline of the first Harrington Project (copied and pasted from the original thread):
    The Long and Winding Road

6 Feb 2016: Ross starts tread announcing possible group MTOs with Tom Ford Milan, the QoS Harrington along with the Spectre TF Morocco knit tie.

14 Feb 2016: Ross announces a possible stumbling block with the Harrington. Work continues on the successful tie group buy.

20 July 2016: Simon starts a new interest thread for the QoS Harrington Project. At this time the estimated price was €2000.

26 Jul 2016: Interested parties pass 30. Information on interest sent to TF Milan.

17 Aug 2016; Interested parties passes 40.

30 Aug 2016: TF Milan announces minimum order of 50 needed for the project to be a go.

29 Sept 2016: Final pricing announced of €1990 for EU residents and €1631.15 for non EU residents.

10 Oct 2016. Revised confirmation numbers drop to 34. Project announced on James Bond Lifestyle.

31 Oct 2016: First pictures of prototype posted. Confirmed list at 41.

10 Nov 2015: David Z. receives prototype.

12 Nov 2016: DZ posts the Tom Ford QoS Harington Project Vlog to Youtube.

14 Nov 2016: Confirmed interested number passes 53.

27 Nov 2016: Tom Ford Quantum of Solace Harrington Project is an official GO.

9 Dec 2016: Tom Ford Milan contacts interested buyers. June 2017 given as estimated delivery date. Much debate about sizing continues.

22 Dec 2016: Payment authorization at 17 of 50 needed.

29 Dec 2016: Payment authorization at 25.

9 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 37.

14 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 42.

29 Jan 2017: Payment authorization at 45.

14 Feb 2017: Payment authorization at 49.

15 Feb 2017: Payment authorization passes 50. Credit cards begin to be charged in the coming weeks.

10 Mar 2017. Deadline for changes to order closes.

21 Mar 2017: TF Milan announces order launched.

26 April 2017: Delivery date expected for mid June.

20 June 2017: Delivery date to store delayed until 28-29 June.

30 June 2017: 007JBDCMWR is first person to receive FedEx notification of impending delivery.

3 July 2017: MattB is the first to receive the QoS Harrington.
    OK, thank you very much for your prompt and clear replys guys.

Fred
  • ZChauvinZChauvin Posts: 244MI6 Agent
    So happy this may happen, missed out on the first set and bummed ever since. If someone could add me to this list as well -{
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    edited November 2018
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

All my best,
    Fred

Hi
    From initial discussions price will be as before €1990 and €1631.15 for non eu residents (Prices do not include shipping).

Have to be discussed if it is sized before like the last run, I would suggest you size down one size from your normal TOM FORD size.
    Ross

Do you mind if I post a screenshot of the sizing chart from the original run? I figure this would give anyone who wasn't involved in the original project an idea on sizing and alleviate a ton of questions :D
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • RixonRixon Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see this happen -{

NAVY HARRINGTON
    2. Sruzgar (Simon)
    3. Victor B
    4. Rixon

CREAM HARRINGTON
    3. Rixon
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

All my best,
    Fred

Hi

Ross

Do you mind if I post a screenshot of the sizing chart from the original run? I figure this would give anyone who wasn't involved in the original project an idea on sizing and alleviate a ton of questions :D

That would be of some help -{
    Here is the sizing chart that was provided for the previous project!

Screenshot-20171005-204210.png
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

All my best,
    Fred

Hi

Ross

Hi
    Yes happy with that
    Ross
    ZChauvin wrote:
    So happy this may happen, missed out on the first set and bummed ever since. If someone could add me to this list as well -{

For the Navy or Cream
    ZChauvin wrote:

For the Navy or Cream

Navy, sorry sir!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I think based on history people who own this jacket already may want to weigh in on sizes beyond what the chart says.....just saying.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Here is the sizing chart that was provided for the previous project!

Screenshot-20171005-204210.png

Thank you but the link doesn't work for me :#
    The Mantis wrote:
    I think based on history people who own this jacket already may want to weigh in on sizes beyond what the chart says.....just saying.

Agree - I took my usual TF size, others didnt
  • OB007OB007 NorwayPosts: 20MI6 Agent
    Im in for a navy... :) -{
    Have to be patient I see. :)) hehe
    Hope this will happen, let's go guys.

NAVY HARRINGTON
    2. Sruzgar (Simon)
    3. Victor B
    4. Rixon
    5. OB007

CREAM HARRINGTON
    3. Rixon
    I've been expecting you, Mr. Bond...
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

All my best,
    Fred

Hi

Ross

Is it minimum 45-50 jackets this time around also?
    Does it have to be 50 navy and 50 cream or 50 in total from both color to make this happen?
    Im in for a navy... ajb007/smile ajb007/martini
    Have to be patient I see. ajb007/lol hehe
    Hope this will happen, let's go guys.

NAVY HARRINGTON
    2. Sruzgar (Simon)
    3. Victor B
    4. Rixon
    5. OB007
    6. ZChauvin

CREAM HARRINGTON
    3. Rixon
    Seeing as the previous pricing was based on 50 jackets it's safe to assume Tom Ford will need to hit that minimum # for each color to make the project feasible. Can anyone else confirm if they can see the sizing chart in post #12?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Seeing as the previous pricing was based on 50 jackets it's safe to assume Tom Ford will need to hit that minimum # for each color to make the project feasible. Can anyone else confirm if they can see the sizing chart in post #12?

Okey.

Yes I can see it.
  • RixonRixon Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:

I have it in Tan - not from the previous project run. The 48 is accurate.

Had to tailor the body in a bit and I think it's worth noting: once this fabric has a hole from a needle, the hole is permanent. You cannot tailor it into a larger fit from extra material inside. ie Once it's tailored down, it shouldn't be made larger again due to the holes. Also, the 'belt' is one piece of fabric. If you wanted it smaller you'd A. add a third button closure or B. let the tailor cut the belt with the side seam. All in all... make sure you have an excellent tailor if you do this.
    Rixon wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

I have it in Tan - not from the previous project run. The 48 is accurate.

Had to tailor the body in a bit and I think it's worth noting: once this fabric has a hole from a needle, the hole is permanent. You cannot tailor it into a larger fit from extra material inside. ie Once it's tailored down, it shouldn't be made larger again due to the holes. Also, the 'belt' is one piece of fabric. If you wanted it smaller you'd A. add a third button closure or B. let the tailor cut the belt with the side seam. All in all... make sure you have an excellent tailor if you do this.

Did you get the tan Harrington off of eBay?
    I have it in brown (ebay) and the Navy from the last run.

They are both size 54 but I would say the Navy fits better and slightly slimmer cut
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I have it in brown (ebay) and the Navy from the last run.

They are both size 54 but I would say the Navy fits better and slightly slimmer cut

But which do you wear more often?
    edited November 2018
    Neither lol

Summer approaching now so will dig out the navy.

Not sure if Brown suits me, not that keen on it now that I have it :D
    MikeG77 wrote:

I can see it now....thank you.
    OB007 wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    Hello Jared.

All my best,
    Fred

Hi

Ross

Is it minimum 45-50 jackets this time around also?
    Does it have to be 50 navy and 50 cream or 50 in total from both color to make this happen?

It’s 45 for it to happen there are other who will make this list up too that I’m just waiting on confirmation from
    NAVY HARRINGTON
    2. Sruzgar (Simon)
    3. Victor B
    4. Rixon
    5. OB007
    6. ZChauvin

CREAM HARRINGTON
    3. Rixon