Unbilled cameos

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,296Chief of Staff
I don’t think we’ve covered this before, but would be happy to be corrected. Not including members of the production staff (eg, MGW’s numerous appearances), various actors and/or celebrities have cropped up unbilled in Bond’s adventures over the years. Some are speaking parts, some blink-and-you’ll-miss-them cameos.
I don’t pretend this list is exhaustive, all additions welcome! The part has to be unbilled in the movie itself and not include anyone associated with the production.

DN- Chris Blackwell
DAF- Sammy Davis, Jr (Deleted, but on the Special Features), Brinsley Forde, Ed Bishop.
AVTAK- Maud Adams
DAD- Madonna
CR- Richard Branson
SP- Judi Dench

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Michael Madsen

He's in the credits for his supporting role.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Chris Blackwell, founder of Island Records in Dr No.
    Gerard Butler as a seaman in TND ( don't know if it's credited )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Ed Bishop- Klaus Hergesheimer(DAF)
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    Brinsley Forde ( Joshua in DAF) who went on to form Aswad.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,296Chief of Staff
    Madsen deleted, Chris Blackwell added. Gerard Butler not added, he's credited. Brinsley Forde added. Ed Bishop added.

Thanks!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,792MI6 Agent
    Can Pedro Armendáriz Jr. in LTK be included? He is the son of the actor who played Kerim Bey in FRWL. The same goes for Deborah Moore (daughter of RM) in DAD. While both are actors i suspect their fathers' involvement in earlier Bond movies was an important reason why they were cast.
    Very true, but both were billed.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent

Which one? Bond has millions of them :p
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Ernest Raglin - pretty sure he was in Dr. No playing in the band at Pussfeller's nightclub. I know he was hired to compose music for some of the Jamaican scenes and although I can't find it, I recall reading somewhere he is on stage.
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    Chris Blackwell, founder of Island Records in Dr No.

I'm taking credit for Chris Blackwell. (Quote 694) :p

https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/41298/in-what-bond-film/page/28/
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    Updated to include Ernest Raglin:

DN- Chris Blackwell, Ernest Raglin
    DAF- Sammy Davis, Jr (Deleted, but on the Special Features), Brinsley Forde, Ed Bishop.
    AVTAK- Maud Adams
    DAD- Madonna
    CR- Richard Branson
    SP- Judi Dench
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,419Quartermasters
    Has anyone ever actually found Maud Adams in AVTAK?
    Apparently she's here:

aa-old-man-4.jpg
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Apparently she's here:
    aa-old-man-4.jpg
    Personally, I'm skeptical of this, but it's certainly a widely-held assertion so who knows.

How would you classify Victor Tourjansky, the man who double-takes at his drink in TSWLM, MR and FYEO? He wasn't credited, was he?

Kevin McClory appears in TB as the man smoking a cigar when Bond strolls into the club in Nassau. While he's certainly not a celebrity, it's a nice inside joke for those in the know. Again, not credited...right?
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Barbel wrote:
    Apparently she's here:
    aa-old-man-4.jpg
    How would you classify Victor Tourjansky, the man who double-takes at his drink in TSWLM, MR and FYEO? He wasn't credited, was he?

Kevin McClory appears in TB as the man smoking a cigar when Bond strolls into the club in Nassau. While he's certainly not a celebrity, it's a nice inside joke for those in the know. Again, not credited...right?

Barbel said to exclude anyone associated with the production.
    Yes, otherwise the list would be too long.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,419Quartermasters
    edited November 2018
    Barbel wrote:
    Apparently she's here:

aa-old-man-4.jpg

One of the first things I did when I got AVTAK on blu-ray was have a close look at that shot in HD, and my feeling was that the lady in the brown coat doesn't really look like Maud Adams.

One I would add to the list is Michael Goodliffe as M's chief of staff (presumably Bill Tanner) in TMWTGG. I find it quite surprising that he goes uncredited as he was quite a prolific British character actor in the 1950s and 60s.
    I've Never been able to spot her :#
    Les Tremayne-Radio announcer(GF)

Bill Ivy - motorcycle champion (Thunderball). Riding the BSA. Or is this part of the production?
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Mai Ling (Mei-Lei from GF). I always thought I recognized her in YOLT as one of Tanaka's bath girls, but no sight of her name in the film's credits. Just looking on imdb now, she is indeed in YOLT, described as 'Bath Girl #2 (uncredited)'.

https://screenmusings.org/movie/blu-ray/You-Only-Live-Twice/images/You-Only-Live-Twice-220.jpg
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Michael Goodliffe- no idea why he wasn't credited, being as Golrush007 says a working actor at the time (he was excellent in "The Gorgon" with Christopher Lee) and the same could be said about Alexander Knox in YOLT.

Bill Ivy- unrecognisable, we're supposed to believe he's Fiona Volpe (!) so I'd say not eligible.

Mai Ling- does she qualify as a celebrity?

Les Tremayne- pardon my ignorance, was he well known at the time? Would his voice be recognisable to audiences (presumably US audiences)?
    Les Tremayne, played an auctioneer in North By Northwest

I know nothing of his work besides GF. I've only seen clips of NBNW and not the full film.

• Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Perhaps not - but as described in the opening post, she does qualify as:
    Barbel wrote:
    various actors
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Les Tremayne did a lot of work on radio, so people may have recognised his voice from that. I best know him from the 1970s children's television show Shazaam!
    A few newsreaders have done cameos as well. Sophie Raworth in Skyfall and Martyn Lewis in TWINE.

There is a rumour on IMDB, that Carol Barnes played a waitress in Piz Gloria in OHMSS.

I think Sophie Raworth was credited for her appearance in SF. Martyn Lewis wasn't.

Sorry, Martyn Lewis was credited.

Barbel wrote:
    Perhaps not - but as described in the opening post, she does qualify as:
    Barbel wrote:
    various actors

Fair enough.
    DN- Chris Blackwell, Ernest Raglin
    GF- Les Tremayne (Voice)
    YOLT- Mai Ling, Alexander Knox
    TMWTGG- Michael Goodliffe
    AVTAK- Maud Adams
    DAD- Madonna
    CR- Richard Branson
    SP- Judi Dench
    Does Max the parrot from FYEO get a credit for his reappearance in TLD ? ;)