Bond Cars 1:1 to 1:18 scale and beyond

So as many of you know on here, after my kids, my life has revolved around Bond, cars and motorbikes...

As my age progresses, the thrill of racing and trackdays on the bike was overtaken by the realisation that my kids need their Dad in one piece. So bike gone...

To make up for that void the car has gained more focus. Along with change of my model collection from Rossi bikes to a few more cars. Thought id share....

The 1:1 scale!

DSC-1157.jpg

The 1:8 scale

DSC-2039.jpg

The 1:18 scale

DSC-2033.jpg

DSC-2034.jpg

DSC-2036.jpg

DSC-2038.jpg

DSC-2032.jpg

DSC-2037.jpg

And lastly. I was really lucky to pick up the invisible DAD vanquish. The original owner reluctantly sold it to me (at considerable cost)... The model is a little lighter than I expected but I am thrilled to grab such a rare piece...

DSC-2044.jpg
Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Comments

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    {[] Fabulous collection! {[]
    I’ve also gone down the Ikea Display cabinet route ;%
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    That last picture.....nearly killed me.... :))
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    And lastly. I was really lucky to pick up the invisible DAD vanquish. The original owner reluctantly sold it to me (at considerable cost)... The model is a little lighter than I expected but I am thrilled to grab such a rare piece...

DSC-2044.jpg

Hey I have one of those as well! Only I put it down once and now I can't find it anywhere.....
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC-2044.jpg

Hey I have one of those as well! Only I put it down once and now I can't find it anywhere.....

It reminds me of the cloaked Romulan Warbird model I had as a kid. The attention to detail is just superb.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Now "uncloaked"

DSC-2042.jpg

• Alex1995Alex1995 France/GermanyPosts: 339MI6 Agent
    Really good! :))
    1.GE 2.FRWL 3.CR 4.FYEO 5.LALD 6.TSWLM
    7.GF 8.TLD 9.TND 10.SF

"Where’s Fekkesh?” “Pyramids.” *thwap* “AHHHHHHH!”
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Very nice.... I still want to pick up those Lotus 1/18 pieces.. but I had never seen the invisible DAD vanquish ! :D
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    Very nice collection M, and thanks for sharing.
    Coming back to the DBS, how do you deal with Road bumps?
    Isn't the car too low?
    Cheers
    Commandant wrote:
    Isn't the car too low?
    Cheers

We have a few speed bumps near the house and providing you drop to 10mph it never catches the front splitters.

Due to the different mode settings and susp settings. Standard drive mode and non track susp setting, its a pretty docile car as long as you treat the loud pedal gingerly.

Biggest risk is forgetting the outside temp as the tyres dont really function below 12deg c. Factor in wet roads and its a fairly exciting experience in the NE UK in the winter

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    Isn't the car too low?
    Cheers

We have a few speed bumps near the house and providing you drop to 10mph it never catches the front splitters.

Due to the different mode settings and susp settings. Standard drive mode and non track susp setting, its a pretty docile car as long as you treat the loud pedal gingerly.

Biggest risk is forgetting the outside temp as the tyres dont really function below 12deg c. Factor in wet roads and its a fairly exciting experience in the NE UK in the winter

Thank you for the explanations.
    Do you just drop the speed to 10 mph or do you have to zigzag too?
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    Hey, I have that too!! I thought I was the only one to get it as I've never seen another. I keep it next to my model of Herbert Lom as the Invisible Man, The ID monster from Forbidden Planet and Wonder Woman's Plane. If it wasn't for the dust settling on them, I forget I have it......-Ed
    Commandant wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Commandant wrote:
    Isn't the car too low?
    Cheers

Thank you for the explanations.
    Do you just drop the speed to 10 mph or do you have to zigzag too?

For the UK speed bumps no zigzagging needed. I think the dbs is the mostusable of super gt's... More so than the vanquish x2 and probs the new superleggera. Only driven the latter for a limited time, but its sheer mental power is hard to restrain...

Thank you for the sharing your experience with the car.
    Your DBS is a beauty -{ -{ -{
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    So as many of you know on here, after my kids, my life has revolved around Bond, cars and motorbikes...

As my age progresses, the thrill of racing and trackdays on the bike was overtaken by the realisation that my kids need their Dad in one piece. So bike gone...

To make up for that void the car has gained more focus. Along with change of my model collection from Rossi bikes to a few more cars. Thought id share....

The 1:1 scale!

DSC-1157.jpg

The 1:8 scale

DSC-2039.jpg

The 1:18 scale

DSC-2033.jpg

DSC-2034.jpg

DSC-2036.jpg

DSC-2038.jpg

DSC-2032.jpg

DSC-2037.jpg

DSC-2044.jpg

Hi 007JBDCMWR. Firstly thanks for sharing such a great collection of Bond cars. Your DBS look stunning and I bet the buzz from driving it never tires. Secondly, can I ask which manufacturer you use for the car models? Have come across a few like ERTL and was wandering who manufactures the best 1:18 scale.
    Thanks.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
    They are a mix. But for 1:18 autoart are pretty much the best for price / detail mix.

The 1:12 is kyosho, which are another level up

Of the 1:18
    Db10 Hotwheels
    Db5 and lotuses Autoart
    Dbs and vanquish Ertl

Minichamps are also great, but they tend to stick to oe models and rarely dip in to collections such as Bond

If you are looking for cabinets, ive used Ikeas, they are perfect sizewise and great value (UNCLE27 has too, see above).

Hope that helps

• KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Really nice Collection ... Congrats ... -{
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    They are a mix. But for 1:18 autoart are pretty much the best for price / detail mix.

The 1:12 is kyosho, which are another level up

Of the 1:18
    Db10 Hotwheels
    Db5 and lotuses Autoart
    Dbs and vanquish Ertl

Minichamps are also great, but they tend to stick to oe models and rarely dip in to collections such as Bond

If you are looking for cabinets, ive used Ikeas, they are perfect sizewise and great value (UNCLE27 has too, see above).

Hope that helps

Thanks for advice Mark. Very much appreciated. I have been looking at the 1:12 Kyosho DAD Vanquish. Very nice, but may settle for the 1:18 ERTL DBS.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    What an amazing collection! No love for the TWINE Z8 ?
    fleiter wrote:
    What an amazing collection! No love for the TWINE Z8 ?

Funnily enough the z8 and z3 are inbound

Z8 arrived today, picked up this brand new one for £40 Inc postage, genuine bargains can still be had. Detail is great and a very chunky model too.

DSC-2046.jpg

• fleiterfleiter USPosts: 243MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Z8 arrived today, picked up this brand new one for £40 Inc postage, genuine bargains can still be had. Detail is great and a very chunky model too.

DSC-2046.jpg

Wow looks great! is this the Kyosho one?
    fleiter wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC-2046.jpg

Wow looks great! is this the Kyosho one?

Yep... Very impressed