Re: Bond 25 Vehicles - thoughts, rumours and reports

Here is the new Rapide E.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.topgea … rcar%3famp

It’s not slow.

Still not my pick for Bond, but he could obviously do worse.

Last edited by Miles Messervy (16th Apr 2019 13:18)

Miles Messervy wrote:

I really like the look of it—glad they didn't go with the DB11, Vantage or DBS Superleggera style headlights and went with a bit of a throwback style instead. I actually wouldn't mind it featuring in B25. It could make for a cool scene with Bond putting it in electric mode and sneaking around somewhere.

JTM wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:

I really like the look of it—glad they didn't go with the DB11, Vantage or DBS Superleggera style headlights and went with a bit of a throwback style instead. I actually wouldn't mind it featuring in B25. It could make for a cool scene with Bond putting it in electric mode and sneaking around somewhere.

I don’t think it has any mode other than electric. According to the article it just has a battery. No engine.

Miles Messervy wrote:
JTM wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:

I don’t think it has any mode other than electric. According to the article it just has a battery. No engine.

It has an electric motor. A car with a battery and no engine wouldn't move at all.

Number24 wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:
JTM wrote:

It has an electric motor. A car with a battery and no engine wouldn't move at all.

A motor is not an engine. An engine runs on combustion.

Hopefully  the chase will be downhill   ajb007/wink

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

Miles Messervy wrote:
Number24 wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:

Wikipedia: "An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one form of energy into mechanical energy.[1][2] Heat engines, like the internal combustion engine, burn a fuel to create heat which is then used to do work. Electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion" etc.
But of course this isn't important. You said the car is all-electric and and not a hybrid, and that's correct.

Last edited by Number24 (16th Apr 2019 15:54)

Number24 wrote:
Miles Messervy wrote:
Number24 wrote:

Wikipedia: "An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one form of energy into mechanical energy.[1][2] Heat engines, like the internal combustion engine, burn a fuel to create heat which is then used to do work. Electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion" etc.
But of course this isn't important. You said the car is all-electric and and not a hybrid, and that's correct.

You’re right, what I said was not technically correct. Language is a funny thing.  ajb007/martini

Thanks. I'm hardly ever right about cars, so that means a lot to me  ajb007/lol

Is there some release from Aston or the producers that I missed regarding Bond driving the electric Aston or is this just all hypothetical?

Sadly the DB10 was the last good-looking Aston if you ask me.

I thought they’d canned the Rapide: odd to see it back wearing the Superleggra’s face.

Apparently, there is a deal with Aston in place for 25 so Bond will drive some model of Aston Martin. I would love to see Bond jump into some basic everyman car and use his wits and driving skills.

https://i.postimg.cc/XGzb324K/BDFCEFF2-BA0-A-428-D-8966-12-FA27499-EF4.jpg

ajb007/crap  Just sayin’

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

The exciting mid-chase sequence as Both Bond and Villain, pause
for a couple of hours to recharge their batteries.  ajb007/lol

Seriously These electric cars are the future, so get used to it.

Q: "Just know 007 that it's range is only 100 kilometers."

Bond: "That will allow to stop off for a quick one en route."

Bond: “Shocking. Positively shocking.”

Q: “Only if you try and plug them in when you’re pi$$ed, 007.”

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

Q, " take this cable with you, charging points are few and far between "

HowardB wrote:

Apparently, there is a deal with Aston in place for 25 so Bond will drive some model of Aston Martin. I would love to see Bond jump into some basic everyman car and use his wits and driving skills.

I imagine it’ll be a new model which’ll be revealed in the film, potentially at the press conference again. They’ve shown a lot of new models recently; I could have sworn there was a sketch or something of another which leaked in the last few weeks, but I’ve forgotten.
I guess he might get the DBX but it doesn’t seem quite his sort of ride.

Ah; no- it wasn’t a leak: it was an official sketch of the new Zagato which I thought did actually look like a good looking Aston for a change. Hopefully it is as much of an improvement on the DBS as it looks. It’s very Bond.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/111 … uation-car

I wish they’d go back to making elegant rather than muscly cars though.

How about Aston's new OHMSS limited edition DBS Superleggera for B25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFm6XH1u49Q

Spoiler If the film's plot actually has the OHMSS similarities that are rumoured, it would be a nice little connection/throwback etc.

JTM wrote:

How about Aston's new OHMSS limited edition DBS Superleggera for B25?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFm6XH1u49Q

Spoiler If the film's plot actually has the OHMSS similarities that are rumoured, it would be a nice little connection/throwback etc.

Oh that's fun that they've done that. The wheels are horrid though! ajb007/smile

Electric Aston Martin ?. Bond meets the Green New Deal. Maybe AOC will have a cameo in Bond 25.