DB5 Model kit advice

BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
So, I’ve been browsing eBay and some other sites looking for a nice Aston Martin DB5 model kit. All The results I come up with are vintage and priced upwards of $100 or finished diecast. I’m not looking for a mint in box collector item, I’m looking for something to open, paint, and assemble. Anyone have a recommendation?

Comments

• ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    BCFDRay wrote:
    So, I’ve been browsing eBay and some other sites looking for a nice Aston Martin DB5 model kit. All The results I come up with are vintage and priced upwards of $100 or finished diecast. I’m not looking for a mint in box collector item, I’m looking for something to open, paint, and assemble. Anyone have a recommendation?

US issue Airfix Craftmaster 1960's kit. UK one is going up in value but you should be able to secure the US version (which has far superior box art) at a decent price your side of the pond. Failing that, the Aurora Super Spy Car, an unlicensed Bond gadget laden DB5. Either kit should give you exactly what you are looking for.

Donk -{
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    Those are exactly what I’m looking for and kept finding on eBay, unfortunately those are the same ones that I’d ruin the collectibility by completing. Not to mention paying collector price when I want to be paying hobbyist price lol. I did find a new production Airfix kit for under $20, but I don’t have any experience with the brand and don’t know how detailed it is. In less than 3 weeks my wife is going into the hospital for a c-section and we’re having twins :o so I’m looking for something detailed to work on once I come home