76

Re: Factual News

OK, just a suggestion.

77

Re: Factual News

Is N24 correct? Was this thread only for posting news? No discussion? If so, people need to bring factual news to Barbel's attention and he can post the link.

78

Re: Factual News

IMO this thread was doomed to fail before it even began. The idea of a thread with only factual news is good, but there will always be a fine line in people's own minds, and humans will be humans. I say merge the lot.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

79

Re: Factual News

Someone wrote:

Is N24 correct? Was this thread only for posting news? No discussion? If so, people need to bring factual news to Barbel's attention and he can post the link.

It would be unrealistic to expect no discussion whatsoever after a piece of news was posted.
And I'm not the judge of what is factual news and what isn't, in this age of fake news and biased media.

80

Re: Factual News

Jarvio wrote:

IMO this thread was doomed to fail before it even began. The idea of a thread with only factual news is good, but there will always be a fine line in people's own minds, and humans will be humans. I say merge the lot.

I'd rather try and fail than not try at all. This thread was created by request after discussion.
No merging possible, I'm afraid.

81

Re: Factual News

First interview with DC at Pinewood during Bond25 prep?!

I've never heard of Beyond magazine (https://beyondmags.com/) but its March/April issue appears to have a bonafide interview with DC. https://twitter.com/beyondmags/status/1 … 6068641792
https://beyondmags.com/celebrity-interv … iel-craig/

Online now, the text gets the Bond25 release date wrong, it says its Valentine's day, and it also says: "Cameras began rolling on Bond 25 earlier this year..." which maybe why its the March/April issue. And oddly it says,. "In one corner, set builders are armed with packets of nails and hammers. In another, stunt co-ordinators are running through that day’s shooting schedule."

Anyway, the important stuff is DC confirms that Bond25 is his last film and he declines to comment on Boyle's departure.

Other than that it's a pretty vanilla interview.

82

Re: Factual News

Jarvio wrote:

Italy again? There are so many countries in the world and they keep using the same one. How many times for DC is that now?

And I bet they still won't use "Risico" ajb007/lol



The funny thing is..  ‘Risico’  is actually Dutch, I’ve heard the Dutch use it, I believe the Italians use ‘risco’ ?

My current bond compositions on youtube.  Risico
Gun In My Hand 
Never Dream of Dying
https://youtu.be/H2T6zWLFAqI  ‘Come with me’ inspired by Love Actually.

83

Re: Factual News

Yeah, I did a little digging and I’m pretty sure there was no interview. That link should probably be pulled from this thread...

Last edited by Miles Messervy (11th Mar 2019 00:30)

84

Re: Factual News

I'd bet my life savings that interview is completely made up. And judging by their Twitter page, I'm not the only one...

https://mobile.twitter.com/beyondmags/s … 6068641792

85

Re: Factual News

Arbogast777 wrote:

I'd bet my life savings that interview is completely made up. And judging by their Twitter page, I'm not the only one...

https://mobile.twitter.com/beyondmags/s … 6068641792

It reminds me of what comedy television shows often do: take real footage from an interview but record your own questions on a recreated set.

86

Re: Factual News

Aaaaaaand Beyond Magazine has pulled the interview.

Factual News thread my arse.

87

Re: Factual News

Mmm, it was definitely a great idea and we sure tried, but unfortunately it hasn't really worked like we hoped it would. "Factual" is a difficult concept, especially for B25 news with all the websites, social media pages etc posting "exclusives" that can't really be verified by us at this stage.

Last edited by JTM (11th Mar 2019 12:31)

88

Re: Factual News

If all these different threads concerning B25 must coexist, why not use the factual news one to only discuss news  CONFIRMED by EON or high crew members?  ajb007/rolleyes

The name is Walker, by the way.

89

Re: Factual News

AugustWalker wrote:

If all these different threads concerning B25 must coexist, why not use the factual news one to only discuss news  CONFIRMED by EON or high crew members?  ajb007/rolleyes

That was certainly the initial idea.

But if you post a story and literally say "I've never heard of (insert source here)" you're probably in the wrong thread.

90

Re: Factual News

Arbogast777 wrote:
AugustWalker wrote:

If all these different threads concerning B25 must coexist, why not use the factual news one to only discuss news  CONFIRMED by EON or high crew members?  ajb007/rolleyes

That was certainly the initial idea.

But if you post a story and literally say "I've never heard of (insert source here)" you're probably in the wrong thread.

And that’s the problem. I stand by the fact that this thread is a good idea. It just doesn’t seem like we are capable of using it properly. It’s not entirely our fault though. This is an era of misinformation unlike any other.

91

Re: Factual News

“a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes "  ajb007/lol  same with fake news, I suppose. We're simply all so  Hungry for news,

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

92

Re: Factual News

Arbogast777 wrote:

Aaaaaaand Beyond Magazine has pulled the interview.

Factual News thread my arse.

Wow. Sorry about that everyone. It could have been a valid interview. Journalism is so poor in some quarters that mistakes that we saw can still occur in genuine publications.

I think there can be a factual thread, where people discuss factual info, we just have to accept that from time to time, in the age of fake news, fabricated interviews, sadly, are going to rear their head.

93

Re: Factual News

I'm sure you posted it with the best intentions, but I have to agree With Arbogast777 that it should have been posted in the Bond25 rumours thread regardless.

94

Re: Factual News

Number24 wrote:

...it should have been posted in the Bond25 rumours thread regardless.

Is the rumours thread just the "Craig is back" sticky thread or another one?

95

Re: Factual News

JTM wrote:

Is the rumours thread just the "Craig is back" sticky thread or another one?

Oh there are 2 threads we consider rumor threads, which is why a lot of us keep saying the number of Bond 25 threads has gotten out of hand.

I still think we need to break the threads up by spoiler/non-spoiler, rather than rumor/factual news...

Last edited by Arbogast777 (11th Mar 2019 13:38)

96

Re: Factual News

Number24 wrote:

I'm sure you posted it with the best intentions, but I have to agree With Arbogast777 that it should have been posted in the Bond25 rumours thread regardless.

I think you're being a bit unfair.

Beyond Mags appears to be a genuine publisher, the issue with the "DC interview" is issue 59.
https://beyondmags.com/

They have interviews with lots of British, Anglophone celebrities.
https://beyondmags.com/beyond-magazine/ … nterviews/

It even has a channel on TV.
http://beyondmags.com/beyond-magazine/who-we-are/

And it has an office and employees.
http://beyondmags.com/beyond-magazine/contact/

So, without actually going to West Yorkshire, Beyond appears to be an actual publishing company. The fact that it now appears that they ran a fake interview, is not my fault.

97

Re: Factual News

Don't worry, it's not your fault Someone—the seemingly legitimate Beyond are at fault for publishing that "interview"...I sure would've classed them as factual before this.

98

Re: Factual News

Yes, by the Bond25 rumours thread I ment the Bond is back thread.
I don't know how good your source is, Someone. I'm not going to criticize you for posting it, we're all impatient and your intentions were the best. But I hope we can agree the source wasn't official, so it should probably have been posted in the "Craig is back thread".
I was simply trying to acknowledge that both you and Arbogast777 had our best interests in mind with your posts  ajb007/smile

99

Re: Factual News

For the record, I do not think Someone could have known it was not legit. Many other websites ran it as well.

100

Re: Factual News

Perhaps it was too soon to start this thread, maybe it would have been better to wait until after the Press Conference when we had actual, official news from EON.

It's difficult though. Especially when we're all hungry for news and information. I read that interview as well and it all seemed pretty legit other than the obvious errors they made.

"You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"