Alice X Zhang's "Golden Dragon" -- Persistence Pays Off

Back in June, 2015 minigeff shared some fan art he had discovered.

That post lead me to Bottleneck Gallery and this then sold-out piece inspired by Skyfall, Golden Dragon by Alice Zhang:

AXZ-GD.jpg

I was determined to find a copy of the print. I loved the striking imagery. The subtle Bond connection was a plus, but it was invisible to most people.

Scouring the internet only turned up one person who mentioned owning a print, and he wasn't selling.

Cut to three and a half years later and I finally snagged a copy. It's number 25 of 60. I paid more than I wanted, and certainly well over the original retail. I also paid a bit more for framing than I had planned, but isn't that always the case?

Golden-Dragon-3.jpg

It''s a shame my cellphone camera can't adequately capture the vibrancy of the image or the depth of color of the matting. In person it does look like its digital image and my framer did a really good job.

Persistence and tenacity paid off.

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Very nice -{

Here is a photo of the original life size model when on a set visit to compare
    16174931-10154347196747399-4597526039743391517-n.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Congratulations! Always great to hear when tenacity pays off - and it’s a striking print indeed. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Lovely, all the sweeter for the wait!
    And it meant wall space was needed :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Very true my friend. :))

I would have offered my print of Don't Let It Pull to the Left to you anyway, but the arrival of Golden Dragon made it less of a sacrifice. Each print is where it belongs.

Thanks danjaq_0ff and Charmed & Dangerous. Thank you as well danjaq for the bts pic. Amazing what movie magic and an Oscar caliber cinematographer can do.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Very true my friend. :))

I would have offered my print of Don't Let It Pull to the Left to you anyway, but the arrival of Golden Dragon made it less of a sacrifice. Each print is where it belongs.

Thanks danjaq_0ff and Charmed & Dangerous. Thank you as well danjaq for the bts pic. Amazing what movie magic and an Oscar caliber cinematographer can do.

Indeed it is, I watched DC film the island sequence shooting the whisky, behind scaffold and boards was a totally different place another world.

Love your picture, it will look stunning on the wall -{