AC Gilbert & other action figures from the 1960's

I just started doing a long over due inventory of my collection and I put this slideshow together. The link to view it is as follows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvVWrfLTHmo

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Nice collection {[]
  • BonddirectorBonddirector Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. As I continue thru my inventory, I'll try and do a few more of these focusing on specific areas of my collection.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Very good - thanks for sharing
    Glad you enjoyed it.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    Color me green with envy...congratulations for such a wonderful collection! During the 90s when I really wanted to a 12" Connery Bond figure, Mego MR figures were the only other 12" Bond figures made outside of the 60s and I made a futile attempt to locate a genuine Gilbert one. I had to settle with a plaster recast for which I sent a modern GI Joe body to the customizer, and then I had a Ken doll customizer make a tuxedo to match.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    I'm glad you enjoyed it... I remember my hunt for my first 12" Gilbert... back then I used the Toy Shop magazine, did phone auctions, and went to toy shows in my tri-state area. I would think and growl why my mother threw out all my childhood treasures. It sounds like your determination got you one that at least was more playable. For as much as I loved the Gilbert line and outfits and accessories, I really longed for the movement of GI Joe. If I only knew about the Cecil Coleman figures back then...