Tom Ford FT108 sunglasses

Hi all

I am new to this but have been given the opportunity to buy a pair of authentic Tom Ford FT108 glasses silver frame with black/dark tint.

They are used but still have the tag and boxes etc.

Currently being offered at £700 is this a good buy? I would really appreciate people’s input (never bought 007 stuff before)

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    That's way too much to pay for a non screen accurate pair (Bond pair has blue lenses)! Honestly I wouldn't even pay close to that amount for a perfect condition pair of screen accurate 108's. So no Adam, definitely not a good buy.
  • AdamskyAdamsky Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Wow thanks very much for your advice! Saved me a hell of a lot of money there!
    JTM wrote:
    That's way too much to pay for a non screen accurate pair (Bond pair has blue lenses)! Honestly I wouldn't even pay close to that amount for a perfect condition pair of screen accurate 108's. So no Adam, definitely not a good buy.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    No problem. The 108's are nice sunglasses so I hope you do manage to find a pair at some point for a more reasonable price! Oh and welcome to AJB -{
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    I was lucky enough to pick up 2 pairs in June/July of 2017 for a price that I thought was high considering the retail but cheaper than the other eBay listings. Considering the information provided I'm going to have to agree with JTM that is not a good deal for you! If you use eBay you should setup an alert for the correct model # which is Tom Ford TF108 19v. I'd say $500 to $600 is a decent range for a new pair but maybe you'll be able to find a pre owned pair for less :)
    I know where you keep your gun!