51

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

" Hell is Here " is from Moonraker.

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

52

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

I'm wondering if this extended time before title reveal means they're seeking the rights for Licence Renewed?

Probably not, but considering the Scotland action...

53

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

In his latest video Calvin Dyson mentioned a rumour about the title of Bond25. I don't know if that makes this post worthy of a spoiler warning or it belongs in the spoilers thread, but here we go:

According to a source he mentioned the title is "Genome of a woman" and aparently Craig likes it. Calvin. like myself, think that's a little clunky and likes "Genome" better. I'm still not impressed. Genome sounds like the title of a Sci-Fi movie and doesn't sound very much like a Bond title.

54

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

"Genome of a Woman"?!?  Oh, please tell me that's a joke. . .

Vox clamantis in deserto

55

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

It‘s actually „Genoma“ and I have absolutely no idea what that should mean. Not only is it bland, it‘s pretty stupid since I don’t think the general audience will have a liking to it...

The name is Walker by the way.

56

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

AugustWalker wrote:

It‘s actually „Genoma“ and I have absolutely no idea what that should mean. Not only is it bland, it‘s pretty stupid since I don’t think the general audience will have a liking to it...

Apparently, it was "Genome", and "Genoma" was a mistake by the anonymous source.

57

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Yeah, I'm not a fan.

58

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Number24 wrote:

"Genome of a Woman"

sounds like a parody, like someone's taken Property of a Lady and made it all sciencey and stuff

what could it mean? a genome is either the DNA of an individual, or the typical DNA common to a species. All women share the Human Genome. So is it the Genome of all women, or of one individual?

This suggested title does tie into the supposed Genetics plot.
Maybe the villain is breeding a race of superwomen to take over the Earth? Maybe when Bond enters Blofeld's secret lab and sees 12 beautiful women, they wont be there to carry the biological weapon Blofeld has created, they will be the biological weapon?

...or, there is the rumour in the other thread that the little girl in some scenes may be Madeleine's clone. Maybe the evil plot is clones of Madeleine will take over the Earth?
Reminds me of Mulder's sister in the X-Files. Maybe there could be UFOs, too, while they're at it!

59

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

"Genome of a person who identifies as a female "  lets keep it current  ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

60

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

I think something was literally lost in translation, as this started from an Italian report. Not exactly DEFCON 1.

61

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Good point. If this story is legit I wonder what the origional English title is. I'm still hoping for Property of  a Lady. a person's genome is her property, at least I hope so.

62

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

genoma is italian for genome not property, at least according to google translate

but you may be on to something Number24, very ripped-from-the-headlines.
Big Agriculture companies (eg Monsanto) patent genomes for their designer crops, then sue farmers who grow genetically identical crops without proof of purchase.

I wonder if Big Cloning could start suing humans for being born with DNA that's already been patented?

63

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

gun barrel sequence as usual, fade in on Jamaica.
Bond and Madeleine are living happily at last, having left the dirty damn business long behind them.

There is a knock on the door.
Its an evil lawyer:
"your wife is hereby being sued for copyright violation on account of her DNA! ha-hoo-hah-hah-hahh!"

Bond clenches his fist: "Blofeld!"

(at least it'd be a better plot than the fosterbrother conspiracy.)

who's going to come up with the theme song?

64

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Should this movie feature human clones, I don‘t wanna hear anybody bad-mouthing Die Another Day ever again!....

The name is Walker by the way.

65

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Really hope they just call it The Property Of A Lady instead. It means (or can mean) exactly the same thing as Genome Of A Woman, AND is a Fleming title, AND sounds better, AND sounds more accessible to the general viewing public. I once read that DC doesn't like that title, so maybe it WAS the original title, but DC objected, and suggested this weird version of it instead? Just completely guessing of course, but please, The Property Of A Lady would be so much better, and would simultaneously tie up the loose end of using another unused Fleming title.

1 - Avtak, 2 - Op, 3 - Ltk, 4 - Lald, 5 - Fyeo, 6 - Ohmss, 7 - Sf, 8 - Dn, 9 - Ge, 10 - Daf, 11 - Tmwtgg, 12 - Tswlm, 13 - Mr, 14 - Tld, 15 - Yolt, 16 - Sp, 17 - Gf, 18 - Frwl, 19 - Dad, 20 - Qos, 21 - Tnd, 22 - Twine, 23 - Tb, 24 - Cr

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

66

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

https://youtu.be/3V726_HShyY

George Michael and Mary J Blige knew about cloning  ajb007/biggrin

“I didn’t lose a friend, I just realised I never had one.”

67

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

caractacus potts wrote:

genoma is italian for genome not property, at least according to google translate

but you may be on to something Number24, very ripped-from-the-headlines.
Big Agriculture companies (eg Monsanto) patent genomes for their designer crops, then sue farmers who grow genetically identical crops without proof of purchase.

I wonder if Big Cloning could start suing humans for being born with DNA that's already been patented?

Well, it's not about me being on to something. It'a about a rumour Calvin Dyson reported. I wasn't suggesting genome means property in any language. I was more suggesting, in a badly worded way, that something like Genome of a Woman was a placeholder title or shooting title. Then Property of a Woman is hopefully the real title.

68

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

I als don't think the mentioned plot theory about the young girl being the DNA copy is nearly as far-fetched as DAD, but it's far from the style of CR. DAD featured people changing their look completely via DNA engineering during a short stay at a clinic. Getting a DNA sample from Madeleine and using that sample when impregnating some woman who gives birth to a copy of Madeleine is closer to current science.

69

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

The rumor is Genoma, not Genome.

Genome stands for Genetic Chromosome, and pertains to the entire makeup of one organism.
Genoma stands for Genetic Mass, which I assume means a strain of a genome that can be passed down from organism to organism however that works. 

so you will be asking for a ticket to see 'Genetic Mass of a Woman'. The youtuber James Bond Show broke the story 2 days before Calvin, so he had the original source of the rumor.

This is an SJW rendition of Property of a Lady. Since:
1) a woman's genes are her property, and
2) the term Lady has been outlawed as sexist along with Bond Girl, it could be saying something P.C. like,  'My Body, my choice', which plays into Babs' promise that Bond will face the MeToo movement, and his sexual advances toward Nomi will be rejected.

It would also explain why they haven't revealed the title, because it's stupid.

Last edited by Shatterfang (12th Aug 2019 00:47)

70

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Shatterfang wrote:

This is an SJW rendition of Property of a Lady.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/HGZ9xPIeivFio/giphy.gif

It would also explain why they haven't revealed the title, because it's stupid.

Opening day's gonna be a tough one to work around.

71

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
Shatterfang wrote:

This is an SJW rendition of Property of a Lady.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/HGZ9xPIeivFio/giphy.gif

It would also explain why they haven't revealed the title, because it's stupid.

Opening day's gonna be a tough one to work around.


If you like the title fine. Don't mute people for difference of opinion.

72

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

Shatterfang wrote:

The rumor is Genoma, not Genome.

Genome stands for Genetic Chromosome, and pertains to the entire makeup of one organism.
Genoma stands for Genetic Mass, which I assume means a strain of a genome that can be passed down from organism to organism however that works. 

so you will be asking for a ticket to see 'Genetic Mass of a Woman'. The youtuber James Bond Show broke the story 2 days before Calvin, so he had the original source of the rumor.

This is an SJW rendition of Property of a Lady. Since:
1) a woman's genes are her property, and
2) the term Lady has been outlawed as sexist along with Bond Girl, it could be saying something P.C. like,  'My Body, my choice', which plays into Babs' promise that Bond will face the MeToo movement, and his sexual advances toward Nomi will be rejected.

It would also explain why they haven't revealed the title, because it's stupid.

The original source said that he wrote "Genoma" by mistake and it was actually "Genome". It just goes to show how twisted some of these rumours can get.

73

Re: Poll: What title do you want for Bond25?

caractacus potts wrote:

who's going to come up with the theme song?

Obviously it will be Dexy’s...

https://i.postimg.cc/V0PsJyh0/C5-AB1350-4-A9-E-4827-A753-5-B55-B553-A4-E9.jpg

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."