1

Topic: Enjoy your downtime 007?

I know it's not for everyone, but I like a bit of screen time dedicated to Bonds lifestyle and personal interests. From the first few spy shots from filming in Jamaica [spoiler alert] we see Bond doing some sailing and harpoon fishing as well as enjoying a good cigar.... That's if these scenes make the final cut. We havnt seen Bond enjoy a cigar since Brosnan in DAD. We've seen Bonds flat twice now, and his love of decent coffee is well documented along with his appreciation of good food. Watersports and swimming have always been there too as M once asked "for any other reason than your love of water sports?" in TB it seems DCs tenure will be the most watery with only Sean Connery spending large amounts of time in the water.
We know Bond likes card games as he's the best player in the service so what else does Bond enjoy personally? Spirited driving must be up there, and what else would we like to see Bond doing in Bond 25? Who else welcomes back smoking a cigar? I know I do.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

2

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Pretty sure he enjoys a good round of golf as well as witnessed in Goldfinger and I'm pretty sure it goes into more depth in the novel too.

As for smoking cigarettes, I thought those days were long over. Thankfully not and I'd welcome seeing that again if it does indeed make the final cut.

Smiert Spionam

3

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Bond would never turn down a beautiful woman. We should already know that though and it doesn't need to go in to much depth in Bond 25. The movie should keep a PG-13 rating.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

4

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Smiert-Spionam wrote:

Pretty sure he enjoys a good round of golf as well as witnessed in Goldfinger and I'm pretty sure it goes into more depth in the novel too.

It certainly does, and the first chapter of Colonel Sun has him enjoying a round with Bill Tanner.

5

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

I can only picture golf coming back in a Bond film if it's a high-stakes golfing tournament. The film will be called "Sandtrap Royale".

6

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

The novels go into some fabulous detail on bonds personal tastes from his food, brown speckled egg from French maran hens (available in some sainsbury stores) to the grilled sole, sea food figures heavily in Bonds diet and consciously or not certain Bond 25 images include this, Fleming wrote that "Breakfast was Bonds favourite meal of the day" Norwegian honey and little scarlet strawberry jam were both mentioned along with de bry coffee from a chemex. A round of golf would certainly be on Bonds downtime agenda, and perhaps a look round the Alfa Romeo showroom to have a look at that car that overtook him in Moonraker?

It was either that.....or the priesthood

7

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Matt S wrote:

I can only picture golf coming back in a Bond film if it's a high-stakes golfing tournament. The film will be called "Sandtrap Royale".

...and one of the villains will be played by Putter Smith.

8

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Barbel wrote:
Matt S wrote:

I can only picture golf coming back in a Bond film if it's a high-stakes golfing tournament. The film will be called "Sandtrap Royale".

...and one of the villains will be played by Putter Smith.

ajb007/lol

9

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

... on Eva Green  ajb007/embarrassed

"Let his death be a particularly unpleasant and humiliating one."

10

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

You wish...

11

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

How many Mujaba clubs will Bond need to play this game?

12

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Thunderpussy wrote:

... on Eva Green  ajb007/embarrassed

... alongside Lana Woodajb007/biggrin

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

13

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Tee Hee will be the henchman. The theme song will be either Fairway To Heaven or Albatross, performed by The Birdies....... I'll get my coat.  ajb007/shifty

1. Ohmss   2. Frwl   3. Op   4. Tswlm   5. Tld   6. Ge  7. Yolt 8. Lald   9. Cr   10. Ltk   11. Dn   12. Gf   13. Qos   14. Mr   15. Tmwtgg   16. Fyeo   17. Twine   18. Sf   19. Tb   20 Tnd   21. Spectre   22 Daf   23. Avtak   24. Dad

14

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

All these golf puns are defiantly foregetable.

Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope

15

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Charmed & Dangerous wrote:
Thunderpussy wrote:

... on Eva Green  ajb007/embarrassed

... alongside Lana Woodajb007/biggrin

Surely the Bond girl would be Honey 'Ryder'

Smiert Spionam

16

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Can't the OP use a real spoiler alert rather than just bung in the word spoiler and have someone risk reading on anyway?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

17

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Would you think Bond will enjoy a cigar ? Maybe it is just D.C. smoking a cigar after all ...

~God Judges Us by Our Scars~

18

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

https://i.postimg.cc/t1rK1jh9/9e0a7a195b4001a6cb0b0f706866c5a1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/N95Wmz4m/6bd2dbc12e36dec3079b2941018f1a4b.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vcRpxX6x/Copy-of-c8040ac9113e866c55878b33530b4b42.jpg

19

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Napoleon Plural wrote:

Can't the OP use a real spoiler alert rather than just bung in the word spoiler and have someone risk reading on anyway?

I didn't know there was such a thing so apologies for that.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

20

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Kladdagh wrote:

Would you think Bond will enjoy a cigar ? Maybe it is just D.C. smoking a cigar after all ...

Bond has enjoyed a cigar on screen, Brozzer smoked one in DAD and Roger Moores Bond enjoyed cigars also, LaLD while he was paragliding, tmwtgg on a few occasions. DC is known for enjoying a good cigar and I think we will see him smoking that probable Havana cigar in B25, for me it would be a nice nod to the late Roger Moore.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

21

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Ethan Hunt hasn't smoked, of course. Has the main character of Mission Impossible even had a drink on screen?

22

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Chriscoop wrote:
Napoleon Plural wrote:

Can't the OP use a real spoiler alert rather than just bung in the word spoiler and have someone risk reading on anyway?

I didn't know there was such a thing so apologies for that.

I too don‘t see how knowing that 007 is sailing and fishing *spoils* anything, let alone the movie...crazy ajb007/insane

The name is Walker by the way.

23

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Number24 wrote:

Ethan Hunt hasn't smoked, of course. Has the main character of Mission Impossible even had a drink on screen?

He's had some bottles of beer, I don't know which brand, but it's at the end of the movie. And a pint too.
https://i.postimg.cc/qtdHKTDK/20190514-185824.jpg

It was either that.....or the priesthood

24

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

Dos Equis beer
https://i.postimg.cc/v4Tzbqr6/20190514-190154.jpg

It was either that.....or the priesthood

25

Re: Enjoy your downtime 007?

I didn't remember that. I still think bond's unhealthy lifestyle is one of the aspects of what makes him special (but not unique) among action heroes, and I like that it looks like he might smoke in Bond25.