Topic: FS: Y-3 Adidas Jacket QoS Small (S) (Gaging interest)

Hey everyone,  ajb007/martini

I’m considering selling my Y-3 x Adidas jacket that appears to be the one from Haiti, Quantum of Solace. It’s in good condition with minor wear showing on the lower back elasticized piece. No tears, stains on the fabric.

It runs large for a small with a 43” Chest.

Features:

• 96% Cotton, 4% Elastane
    Elasticized back with Waist fitting buttons
    Button cuffs
    Hidden button-tab on collar
    Jetted pockets
    Two internal pockets.
    “Y-3” embroidered on shoulder

Priority shipping with tracking and signature global from Toronto, Canada.

Some pictures:

https://i.postimg.cc/bSgnqb4W/2-F504-B63-E294-446-A-8-CFC-239125-FF59-BB.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/grWBkWfH/799-AFE30-C414-4-CD6-B21-E-61-A4-C263108-C.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xX4KkvqS/8-EF35-AB7-082-B-4-ABC-8-CD8-18-AD8335-A010.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/R6rKdvcs/D705-CCB1-5749-4161-A112-4-A377470-EE28.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/8JhWnx41/EA5-BDC30-0-BF6-4-E5-B-A073-2497-D0-F042-C4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ct0YqTkf/F949-E67-E-F586-40-FB-9-C8-B-7-A29-E1-CB8-E52.jpg

Last edited by Rixon (21st May 2019 22:40)

Re: FS: Y-3 Adidas Jacket QoS Small (S) (Gaging interest)

https://i.postimg.cc/gXYRQNT8/6988-AE7-A-3157-49-AA-8216-F314-ACD65123.jpg

May I request actual measurements?  That chest size sounds bigger than what you typically see for a size small jacket.
Thanks!

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Gymkata wrote:

May I request actual measurements?  That chest size sounds bigger than what you typically see for a size small jacket.
Thanks!

The QoS Y3 ran quite large. Most people had to size down. I am usually a large but would be a medium in the Adidas Y3.

Last edited by Westward_Drift (22nd May 2019 00:35)

OK then.  Depending upon the actual measurements, I'm definitely interested in this.  I'm a medium or a large in most shirts/jackets (or a size 50/52 Europe, 40/42 US), and that chest size may work for me.

Current rankings:

Westward_Drift wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Thanks!

The QoS Y3 ran quite large. Most people had to size down. I am usually a large but would be a medium in the Adidas Y3.

You were a 52 in the Harrington correct?

MikeG77 wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Thanks!

Correct, although the 50 would fit if the arms were long enough. 007JBDCMWR and I wear the same size jackets. He had a large Y-3 and said that it was too big. I believe Welshboy78 has a large, and he's usually a size up from me.

Westward_Drift wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

Correct, although the 50 would fit if the arms were long enough. 007JBDCMWR and I wear the same size jackets. He had a large Y-3 and said that it was too big. I believe Welshboy78 has a large, and he's usually a size up from me.

I had similar issues with sizing as the shoulders were too narrow and the waist was little too small in the 52. A 54 was perfect as it allowed room for tailoring. I picked up JTM's nwt Y-3 in large and I think it fits similar to my Harrington except for the obscenely long arms and the fact it only has one button on each of the cuffs for adjustments  ajb007/rolleyes

Exactly as everyone is saying here, it indeed fits large. I’ve gone ahead and taken the exact measurements for all of you.  ajb007/martini

Shoulders: 18”
Pit-to-pit: 21.75”
Length, from under collar on back: 26.25”
Arms, from Shoulder: 25”

Rixon wrote:

Exactly as everyone is saying here, it indeed fits large. I’ve gone ahead and taken the exact measurements for all of you.  ajb007/martini

Thank you very much Rixon.  ajb007/martini

It confirms I'd need a medium since the shoulder and sleeve sizes are a hair too small for me.  ajb007/frown

This jacket has sold.  ajb007/martini

Regards,

For the best.  I wanted it but I think that it would have simply been too snug.  Congrats on selling it so quickly and congrats to whoever purchased it!

Current rankings:

Gymkata wrote:

For the best.  I wanted it but I think that it would have simply been too snug.  Congrats on selling it so quickly and congrats to whoever purchased it!

Thanks. Quicker than I thought. I think you’re right to hold out for a better size if it’s something you’d like to wear.

I probably could have squeezed into it if the whole 'not breathing' thing could have worked out for me.

Current rankings:

Westward_Drift wrote:
Rixon wrote:

It confirms I'd need a medium since the shoulder and sleeve sizes are a hair too small for me.  ajb007/frown

I have a Size Small Y-3 still with tags, and the measurements are larger and the sleeves are longer. I think Rixon's may have been tailored. I had to purchase several Y-3 jackets back in the day in order to find one that had not been altered. It was actually an annoying process. The worst one had one sleeve measuring 24 inches and the other sleeve was 23 inches. For some reason it is quite common for people to alter this jacket.

MrE wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:
Rixon wrote:

I have a Size Small Y-3 still with tags, and the measurements are larger and the sleeves are longer. I think Rixon's may have been tailored. I had to purchase several Y-3 jackets back in the day in order to find one that had not been altered. It was actually an annoying process. The worst one had one sleeve measuring 24 inches and the other sleeve was 23 inches. For some reason it is quite common for people to alter this jacket.

Would you be so kind as to post the dimensions of your jacket?

This is interesting. I can tell you I didn’t alter the sleeves, even though they are/were too long for me at 25. Is it possible there’s a tall sizing for it or a country adaptation?

Rixon wrote:

This is interesting. I can tell you I didn’t alter the sleeves, even though they are/were too long for me at 25. Is it possible there’s a tall sizing for it or a country adaptation?

If you didn't purchase it off the rack, I'm pretty sure the owner before you tailored it. The Y-3 has looong arms that fall well below the waistline when hanging on a hanger. I think the arm length of my size S is 26 inches, I think the shoulder to shoulder is broader as well. I measure shoulder measurements from the back, laid flat.

Westward, I'm at work at the moment but I will try to provide measurements of an unaltered Small when I can. 

And Rixon, I don't believe they came in tall sizes. Although I did contact Y-3 one time, and I asked them why the arms of their garments are so long, and their response was: "It is so they can be tailored and shortened to meet the customer's exact measurements." which may or may not be true, but I believed them, it made sense to me.

My Y-3 hasn't even had the button-back button sewn on, it still has that annoying looking collar tab sticking out awkwardly, that's how unaltered it is.

Unaltered Size small measures as follows: Armpit to armpit: 22 inches / Shoulder to cuff: 26 inches / Shoulder to shoulder 19 inches.

MrE wrote:

Unaltered Size small measures as follows: Armpit to armpit: 22 inches / Shoulder to cuff: 26 inches / Shoulder to shoulder 19 inches.

Thanks. An unaltered small would just fit. It matches the dimensions of my size medium Banana Republic Die Hard 4 leather jacket. Amazing.

MrE wrote:

WOW that size small has a some wide shoulder measurements!

Hi just an ask, have any of you guys got the y3 jacket for sale I will pay premium price as been looking for years.

I picked up one of these last year off eBay, patience is your friend only took me 10 years!
But they are a great jacket if you get one.

Good luck

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Yes really hope I can snatch one up soon, what size did u get?

Small - and no not letting it go just yet  ajb007/lol

Watch the sizing carefully the arms are longer than the norm and I could probably have gone with an XS for a more fitted look

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!