Re: Tom Ford Quantum Of Solace Ties Special Order - major update post 132

cs007 wrote:

At this stage due to the exchange rate I’m probably going to have to sit this one out sorry.

Just curious - Which exchange rate? Euro to USD is almost 1:1.

If he's Canadian like me, the exchange rate with anyone is really going to hurt. Right now 1 Euro = 1.53 CAD.  ajb007/mad

If it gets any worse before we have to pay, I may have to drop a tie or back out completely.

Not working in over 2 months during the shutdown has really put a HUGE dent in my finances and working on contract in the construction industry means I usually don't get paid for at least 2-3 months and sometimes longer after project completion.

It could be 6 months since my last cheque came in before I see another one and that means needs come before wants unfortunately.

Last edited by Enjoying Death (31st May 2020 17:12)

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

1 Euro - 1.67 AUD...so I’m in the same boat  ajb007/insane  It’s recovered a little from what it was in March—1.87 AUD!—but I don’t think it’s at the stage yet where I could grab the full tie set unfortunately.

Aussie dollar for me to unfortunately. Slowly climbing but can’t see it getting back to where it was.

All

I guess with the pandemic everything is up in the air, timescales, pricing, past commitments etc.

Nobody need feel bad if needing to withdraw. That is a necessity sometimes, family and finances come first.

I as much as anyone else enjoys the clothing side of this hobby, but if weve been taught nothing else through the last few months, there are certainly more important things in life.

Once I hear from Luigi and we are at a stage to move forward I will update the thread.

At some point I will be sending Luigi the details of who / which ties. So if before that time you are convinced you need to pull out, please feel free to PM me.

If unsure, there is no true commitment until we place orders, but obviously a mass drop off may mean a certain tie or even the whole project is dropped.

So in summary try to let me know if you need to pull out which will enable us to keep a tally of each style tie required...

Cheers and stay safe all

Mark

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Hey Mark, thank you for your considerate and thoughtful post, totally understandable. That said, I’m still in. Cheers

Thank you Mark for the heads-up.
I hope you and your family are well.
Stay safe  ajb007/martini

Hope everyone is well,
just out of curiosity, what is the likelihood of this project moving forward and being completed?
And do we need to confirm, or are we only contacting Mark if we need to pull out?
Thanks

Last edited by unshaken 91 (11th Jun 2020 14:42)

unshaken 91 wrote:

Hope everyone is well,
just out of curiosity, what is the likelihood of this project moving forward and being completed?
And do we need to confirm, or are we only contacted Mark if we need to pull out?
Thanks

The project was approved by Tom Ford as we had the #'s needed for each tie but things are at a standstill because of COVID. I think Mark said he'll reach out to Luigi with order details and we'll have a finalized price. If you need to back out then just let Mark know!

I don't know if it makes a difference at this point but put me down for London and PTS!

frommeyer wrote:

I don't know if it makes a difference at this point but put me down for London and PTS!

Please send a PM to 007JBDCMWR to let him know what ties you want.

Thanks Mike...
Project is still in progress but obviously Italy virtually stopped.
All intended orders are stored and yes please pm me if anyone needs to change their order...
Once I hear from Luigi I will update here

Hi everyone
I have spoken to Luigi today and firstly he is well and back at the helm.
I have sent him the spreadsheet with updates and he is to pull it all together at his end, finalise pricing and the marketing side.

I will update here with any info I get.

Then we can expect emails to commence to you direct from Luigi with ordering process etc.

We are still in the same position of earlier with 4 exacts and the PTS to be marketed as a "Recreation", but in effect its very very close indeed to the naked eye.

Fantastic news all round

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi everyone
I have sent him the spreadsheet with updates and he is to pull it all together at his end, finalise pricing and the marketing side.

Then we can expect emails to commence to you direct from Luigi with ordering process etc.

We are still in the same position of earlier with 4 exacts and the PTS to be marketed as a "Recreation", but in effect its very very close indeed to the naked eye.

Glad to hear that Luigi is doing well and that things are moving along!

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi everyone

Excellent news. Is it too late to add 1 more? I’ll send DM..

Sorted Matthew
M

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi everyone

I thought it was Bolivia that wasn't 100% close. Am I misremembering? Regardless, glad to hear Luigi is well!

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

JET007 wrote:
007JBDCMWR wrote:

Hi everyone

I thought it was Bolivia that wasn't 100% close. Am I misremembering? Regardless, glad to hear Luigi is well!

I too thought it was the Bolivia golden tie that was  close while the PTS blue was perfect.

Several quick questions since this project is nearing completion...

If I wanted to add the Kazan tie to my current order would I contact 007JBDCMWR, or Luigi?
Also if I wanted to confirm my shipping address 007JBDCMWR or Luigi?

Last but not least, how many have had to exit the project and how many more orders are needed (if any)?

MrE wrote:

Several quick questions since this project is nearing completion...

If I wanted to add the Kazan tie to my current order would I contact 007JBDCMWR, or Luigi?
Also if I wanted to confirm my shipping address 007JBDCMWR or Luigi?

Last but not least, how many have had to exit the project and how many more orders are needed (if any)?

I'd say you'd contact Mark to address question #1, #2 should get addressed with Luigi once we do our orders and #3 is a good question!

Gents

Luigi believed just the azure blue in the pts is slightly off.

He is currently catching up with production to refamiliarise.

Any change in orders or email pm me....

We are well ahead of minimum numbers on all ties. So unless we have a mass dropout we are OK.

Addresses etc will be for when Luigi sends out order forms

M

Hi Mark,

Once order forms are sent out etc., is there a rough production time from payment to receiving the ties?

I appreciate, given the circumstances, this may differ but I've not been involved in any previous projects so just wondered if there is a general estimate.

Thanks

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Gents

Luigi believed just the azure blue in the pts is slightly off.

He is currently catching up with production to refamiliarise.

Any change in orders or email pm me....

We are well ahead of minimum numbers on all ties. So unless we have a mass dropout we are OK.

Addresses etc will be for when Luigi sends out order forms

M

Yes but my martini's still dry.

Hi everyone

Update

Luigi / production are reconfirming with suppliers that all fabrics are still available and that suppliers are still in business etc.

With the fabrics its not just the exact colour but the sheen and the reflection that matters (apparently).

At this stage TF are 100% re the Greene tie and the Kazan tie. PTS is as close as can be achieved. Just waiting on final samples for Bolivia and London.

Once this is received we will progress to the Marketing which will be handled via Luigi, I will supply eveyones details / indicated orders. I have orders for 261 ties in total. Then Luigi will email everyone the pack, tie details and order forms.

We have usually left this window open for a month.

Once the window closes it is generally about 3 months for ties to be produced and sent out. Obviously the Aug Italy holidays and Xmas may affect this depending on how CV19 affects timelines.

Personally id hope ordering to start in July and ties arriving before NTTD release

M

Is it too late to get on the list for some of these?