76

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

pictures please !!!

Fastball Special wrote:

My Boss bomber jacket arrived today! Glad I went with the 42. Perfect fit! Couldn't be more excited!

77

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

norbac1 wrote:

pictures please !!!

Fastball Special wrote:

My Boss bomber jacket arrived today! Glad I went with the 42. Perfect fit! Couldn't be more excited!

I'll take some this weekend.  ajb007/cool

Currently own: NTTD RT Supply jacket Large, MI:Fallout Boss Coram Bomber jacket 40R, CR: Sunspel Polo Large

Currently want: NTTD Massimo Alba Sloop Suit

78

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Ok so slight update. I got too excited upon its arrival.

My Boss bomber jacket arrived today! The 42 is slightly large on me. I'll be getting the 40 which should fit perfectly.

I'll post photos when the correct size arrives !

I'll also be selling the 42 for what I paid.

Last edited by Fastball Special (8th May 2020 12:15)

Currently own: NTTD RT Supply jacket Large, MI:Fallout Boss Coram Bomber jacket 40R, CR: Sunspel Polo Large

Currently want: NTTD Massimo Alba Sloop Suit

79

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Bumping up the thread again but this time to return to the reason it was created. That fantastic denim jacket.

I saw the film again today and all i was thinking during the London chase was "damn i would love to have this jacket!"



Westward_Drift wrote:

While not Bond related, it is espionage film adjacent to Bond.

I was hoping someone here could help in identifying the canvas trucker jacket worn by Tom Cruise in the Mission Impossible: Fallout London chase scene. While much of the clothing in the film was identified, the jacket remains a mystery. Unfortunately the costume designer for Fallout has no social media presence, so there is no way to ask him directly.

The color of the jacket is black or perhaps a very dark charcoal. It looks lighter in some of the outdoor bts photos, but since the jeans are a true black, I would think the jacket is darker than the outdoor pictures indicate.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZBfbG6q1/MI6-Trucker-Jacket.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/zypcS7PZ/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-3.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/YjgDyMyx/mi6-Trucker-jacket-2.jpg

Here are a couple pic of the button placement. If anyone has access to high res pictures of the buttons please post them. There may be a circular pattern on them but I am far from certain. In some pictures the buttons lack any identifying characteristics.

https://i.postimg.cc/7bFhwM9k/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-Button-Stance.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/9zd5wdVV/MI6-7-D385039-D388-4956-8-D82-71247522-BE1-E.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/347qhqqq/MI6-4907716-A00000578-5372003-image-a-27-1518179842471.jpg

A few more details from the DVD (If anyone has 4k screenshots...):

https://i.postimg.cc/1gsMTq20/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h43m50s525.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/GBP3LZMw/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h47m44s696.png

I think the color is more accurate in these pics based on the jeans:

https://i.postimg.cc/WDxmVqff/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h55m40s477.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/DS8BKhw0/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h56m17s197.png

The back of the jacket:
https://i.postimg.cc/jC2WcSgD/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h43m04s466.pnghttps://i.postimg.cc/56MV0PCf/vlcsnap-2019-06-13-06h43m17s395.png

https://i.postimg.cc/JyKNydnv/MI6-4907715700000578-5372003-image-a-42-1518179919474.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/xNNM4fRV/MI6-E3-FC7-EEE-A407-420-F-ADF5-BC53117-DB92-A.jpghttps://i.postimg.cc/Wdvg5Pqx/MI6-FCAA683-A-3363-4299-BFD4-FBB3-FFB2-FD26.jpg


My many thanks in advance for any information leading in the right direction.

Again, if anyone has an idea what that jacket is or an alternative, it would be nice to share.

80

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Did someone check for Hugo Boss or Ralph Lauren eventually ?

81

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Looking at the buttons in the second and third pictures this looks to me as if it could be a Frame denim Jacket. I have two of them and they have the same type of smooth rounded silver buttons.

82

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

The one from Frame looks similar for sure.

I have seen others that are very similar as well but so far the main difference with all of them is that the one that Cruise is wearing has no waist side adjusters.

83

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

this one looks to have similar buttons as well as the raw denim look but the pockets are different:

https://www.lyst.co.uk/clothing/bluecre … im-jacket/

84

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

sunny01 wrote:

this one looks to have similar buttons as well as the raw denim look but the pockets are different:

https://www.lyst.co.uk/clothing/bluecre … im-jacket/

This one was really close!

85

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Agent Eternal wrote:

The one from Frame looks similar for sure.

I have seen others that are very similar as well but so far the main difference with all of them is that the one that Cruise is wearing has no waist side adjusters.

Keep in mind that the costume designer/department may have altered the jacket for the film so that will make id'ing the jacket a little tougher.

86

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

The trucker jacket in the film has no side adjusters and 7 front buttons instead of the usual 6. There is an extra button near the hem.

https://i.postimg.cc/kBD1pFdz/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-Annotated.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread Diesel has made some jackets with the same front button placement, but I haven't found any jacket from that brand that is even close in terms of looks.

87

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

MikeG77 wrote:
Agent Eternal wrote:

The one from Frame looks similar for sure.

I have seen others that are very similar as well but so far the main difference with all of them is that the one that Cruise is wearing has no waist side adjusters.

Keep in mind that the costume designer/department may have altered the jacket for the film so that will make id'ing the jacket a little tougher.

I'll echo this. Assuming its not a custom jacket, I bet the costume department removed the bottom hem, took off an inch and sewed it back on. Hence the lack of side adjusters. This would also explain why the bottom (7th) botton is so close to the button above it, and why the side hem is so close to the end of the hand pocket. Saw something similar done to a jacket in the Walking Dead years ago. Bet your original jacket will have a normal button spacing and probably side adjusters.

88

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Ctu92 wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
Agent Eternal wrote:

The one from Frame looks similar for sure.

I have seen others that are very similar as well but so far the main difference with all of them is that the one that Cruise is wearing has no waist side adjusters.

Keep in mind that the costume designer/department may have altered the jacket for the film so that will make id'ing the jacket a little tougher.

I'll echo this. Assuming its not a custom jacket, I bet the costume department removed the bottom hem, took off an inch and sewed it back on. Hence the lack of side adjusters. This would also explain why the bottom (7th) botton is so close to the button above it, and why the side hem is so close to the end of the hand pocket. Saw this is exact same thing done to a jacket in the Walking Dead years ago. Bet your original jacket will have a normal button spacing and side adjusters.

Maybe, but most denim trucker jackets have 6 buttons while this has 7. I have run across linen and canvas trucker jackets without side adjusters. I don't think we can even be sure of this jacket's fabric so it makes searching for it even more difficult.

89

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

If anyone wishes to pick up the navy blue Hugo Boss Coram bomber jacket from Fallout, it's available in sizes US36-US42 from Tribeca Fashion House.

https://www.accessx.com/products/boss-b … er-jacket?

Use the promo code at the top of the page to get 50% off the jacket. I got mine for $152 all in. It took a couple weeks to get the jacket.

90

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

What size did you get?

Wondering what the pit to pit is on the 44R.....

Yes. Consssssiderably.

91

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

armenianmovieman wrote:

What size did you get?

Wondering what the pit to pit is on the 44R.....

They sold out of the size 44, unfortunately.

I got a 42. The dimensions of my 42 are:

Chest (pit to pit) 22.5 inches

Back Shoulders: 19.5 inches

Arms: 27.5 inches to end of ribbed cuff, 25.25 inches to top of ribbed cuff

92

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Westward_Drift wrote:
armenianmovieman wrote:

What size did you get?

Wondering what the pit to pit is on the 44R.....

They sold out of the size 44, unfortunately.

I got a 42. The dimensions of my 42 are:

Chest (pit to pit) 22.5 inches

Back Shoulders: 19.5 inches

Arms: 27.5 inches to end of ribbed cuff, 25.25 inches to top of ribbed cuff

Westward_Drift wrote:
armenianmovieman wrote:

What size did you get?

Wondering what the pit to pit is on the 44R.....

They sold out of the size 44, unfortunately.

I got a 42. The dimensions of my 42 are:

Chest (pit to pit) 22.5 inches

Back Shoulders: 19.5 inches

Arms: 27.5 inches to end of ribbed cuff, 25.25 inches to top of ribbed cuff

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

Yes. Consssssiderably.

93

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Westward_Drift wrote:

The trucker jacket in the film has no side adjusters and 7 front buttons instead of the usual 6. There is an extra button near the hem.

https://i.postimg.cc/kBD1pFdz/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-Annotated.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread Diesel has made some jackets with the same front button placement, but I haven't found any jacket from that brand that is even close in terms of looks.

I have been searching a lot for it the last few days and i haven't found any jacket from ANY brand that looks as perfect as this one.

https://i.postimg.cc/sMW616Py/TC-Denim-charcoal-trucker-Jacket.jpg

I am not sure if i am obsessing about it due to the fact we just can't identify it but after seen hundreds of denim jackets while searching for it i came to the conclusion i haven't seen anything as good as this one.

Everything about it is fantastic. The collar size, the textile, the button placement, the pocket design, the balanced minimalist detailing . It is just perfect.

ajb007/confused

94

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

A few months ago I too went on a search for it. I reviewed what seemed like hundreds of jackets to come up blank as well.

It's either a custom jacket or heavily modified by the costume department because I can not find it. Or one from a long time ago no longer made.

Anyone know if the costume designer was ever contacted?

Agent Eternal wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

The trucker jacket in the film has no side adjusters and 7 front buttons instead of the usual 6. There is an extra button near the hem.

https://i.postimg.cc/kBD1pFdz/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-Annotated.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread Diesel has made some jackets with the same front button placement, but I haven't found any jacket from that brand that is even close in terms of looks.

I have been searching a lot for it the last few days and i haven't found any jacket from ANY brand that looks as perfect as this one.

https://i.postimg.cc/sMW616Py/TC-Denim-charcoal-trucker-Jacket.jpg

I am not sure if i am obsessing about it due to the fact we just can't identify it but after seen hundreds of denim jackets while searching for it i came to the conclusion i haven't seen anything as good as this one.

Everything about it is fantastic. The collar size, the textile, the button placement, the pocket design, the balanced minimalist detailing . It is just perfect.

ajb007/confused

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

95

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Enjoying Death wrote:

A few months ago I too went on a search for it. I reviewed what seemed like hundreds of jackets to come up blank as well.

It's either a custom jacket or heavily modified by the costume department because I can not find it. Or one from a long time ago no longer made.

Anyone know if the costume designer was ever contacted?

Agent Eternal wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

The trucker jacket in the film has no side adjusters and 7 front buttons instead of the usual 6. There is an extra button near the hem.

https://i.postimg.cc/kBD1pFdz/MI6-Trucker-Jacket-Annotated.jpg

As mentioned earlier in this thread Diesel has made some jackets with the same front button placement, but I haven't found any jacket from that brand that is even close in terms of looks.

I have been searching a lot for it the last few days and i haven't found any jacket from ANY brand that looks as perfect as this one.

https://i.postimg.cc/sMW616Py/TC-Denim-charcoal-trucker-Jacket.jpg

I am not sure if i am obsessing about it due to the fact we just can't identify it but after seen hundreds of denim jackets while searching for it i came to the conclusion i haven't seen anything as good as this one.

Everything about it is fantastic. The collar size, the textile, the button placement, the pocket design, the balanced minimalist detailing . It is just perfect.

ajb007/confused

I agree on the jacket being just about perfect.

What increases the mystery of the jacket is that Tom Cruises' stand in was wearing a generic black denim jacket (6 front buttons with side adjusters).
https://i.postimg.cc/p9dPTZ90/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/JygChWCn/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wRXCFyyy/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in-3.jpg


Since there were obviously multiples of the hero trucker jacket due to all of the stunt work and safety rigging, it's odd that none were made for stand-ins if custom made.

https://i.postimg.cc/0bLS7zGd/Fallout-leap.jpg

As for the costume designer, he has no social media accounts. I can't go into details, but I have been working on other ways to indirectly get in touch with him.

96

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Westward_Drift wrote:

I agree on the jacket being just about perfect.

What increases the mystery of the jacket is that Tom Cruises' stand in was wearing a generic black denim jacket (6 front buttons with side adjusters).
https://i.postimg.cc/p9dPTZ90/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/JygChWCn/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in-2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/wRXCFyyy/Fallout-Cruise-double-stand-in-3.jpg

Since there were obviously multiples of the hero trucker jacket due to all of the stunt work and safety rigging, it's odd that none were made for stand-ins if custom made.

Interesting discovery! Perhaps we should contact the stand-in himself for some information. He might remember something about it. His name is Sean Francis George. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2881412/


Westward_Drift wrote:

As for the costume designer, he has no social media accounts. I can't go into details, but I have been working on other ways to indirectly get in touch with him.

The guys at the 'Light The Fuse" podcast might have his contact. They interviewed Michael Kaplan a few weeks ago and they talked in length about the jackets TC wore in Ghost Protocol.

97

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Here’s Sean’s Instagram:

https://instagram.com/seanfrancisgeorge … fod18x3ekz

And here’s his stand-in jacket:


https://i.postimg.cc/bG1RDsNZ/C45-D5-A4-E-9605-4-F50-8-A2-D-B213-EE7-D5-EDB.jpg

Last edited by drum007 (3rd Jun 2020 05:56)

98

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

Can anyone make out a name possibly on that button or recognize it from another jacket?

drum007 wrote:

Here’s Sean’s Instagram:

https://instagram.com/seanfrancisgeorge … fod18x3ekz

And here’s his stand-in jacket:


https://i.postimg.cc/bG1RDsNZ/C45-D5-A4-E-9605-4-F50-8-A2-D-B213-EE7-D5-EDB.jpg

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

99

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

The jacket worn by Mr George is not the same as that worn by Cruise. The stand in jacket has side adjusters and only 6 front buttons, as well as a smaller collar and different stitching. This isn't the only instance in the film when the costumes don't exactly match. In the Paris chase Mr George wore a black leather jacket with zippered chest pockets instead of the blue Hugo Boss Lemy jacket.

There are photos of Mr George wearing the navy blue Hugo Boss Coram bomber jacket, so there were times the costumers supplied the correct clothing.

100

Re: Mission Impossible 6 Fallout Trucker Jacket ID Help Needed

It's possible it's the same jacket but was altered for Tom no?

Westward_Drift wrote:

The jacket worn by Mr George is not the same as that worn by Cruise. The stand in jacket has side adjusters and only 6 front buttons, as well as a smaller collar and different stitching. This isn't the only instance in the film when the costumes don't exactly match. In the Paris chase Mr George wore a black leather jacket with zippered chest pockets instead of the blue Hugo Boss Lemy jacket.

There are photos of Mr George wearing the navy blue Hugo Boss Coram bomber jacket, so there were times the costumers supplied the correct clothing.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”