AJB Interview with The Bond Experience

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
After our interview with Calvin Dyson (see https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/51441/ajb-interview-with-calvin-dyson/ ) I'm pleased to announce that our next interview with a noted Bond vlogger is with The Bond Experience.

Some of you will know David as a Quartermaster and active member here, some will know him from his extensive and informative presence on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBondExperience

He'll be answering pretty much the same questions as Calvin but we thought some of you might want to ask additional questions about the Bond lifestyle, clothing, etc. Now's your chance to post questions below!
Tagged:

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Great thread! I’d welcome more of these “interviews with...” Some questions as follows:

David, which film first got you interested in Bond clothing?
    Which is your favourite ensemble from any of the Bond films?
    Which film do you consider has the best Bond clothing?
    Are there any pieces you’ve bought but wouldn’t wear?
    To what extent do you think that Bond’s clothing is realistic? Are there any pieces you think go too far or miss the mark?
    Can you chat to my wife please and let her know that my colllecting habit could be so much worse?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,701MI6 Agent
    Is there any really out of his normal style (like the kilt in OHMSS or the one-piece in GF) you'd like to see Bond wear?

What's the best outfit any of the women in the films wear?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Great idea!

For now, I have 2 questions for David:

1. Did you every regret these pics showing you in the office with that Goldfinger suit on?

2. How is your modus operandum, when there pops up a new pic of Daniel on set wearing an unknown pair of sunglasses/poloshirt/shoes etc?
    Or is the reply: "I call Simon"? :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Ah, another one:

We know that dear Danielle is very supportive for your hobby.
    But there must have certainly been some "David, really???" moments *.

Would you like to share them with us?

*has happened countless times with Mrs. Higgins.

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    HI David,
    Like myself I think DC's arrival into the Bond role helped pique your interest in Bond clothing and memorabilia, do you think once DC has left the role you will still collect and emulate Bonds wardrobe with as much vigour?
    And quick fire question 1,Bond outfits, formal or casual?
    Quick fire question 2, your favourite Bond film for wearable outfits? (mine is definitely QoS)
    Many thanks.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Rolex or Omega, and why :D

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thank you for all the intelligent and reasonable questions. And Higgins, too.

I've passed them on to David.
    Have you done any topics in your vlog, when you later said „No, I can‘t broadcast that“, and what was it about?

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Two questions that come to mind:

What is the most expensive Bond item you have ever bought?

What was the best bargain Bond item you ever bought?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if he might have some general tips for dressing in the Bond style.
    Not so much Brands, but attitude, any general rules that sort of thing.
    Any particular items we should all try to have, like Black trousers with a black Turtle neck
    ( for all those sneaking around factories at night ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    What has been your best/favourite ‘Bond Experience’ to date?

It’s clear to see how your vlogs have developed and improved over the years, you even have fancy graphics and a microphone now :o :D did you ever envisage you’d still be going from strength to strength years later? Even doing ‘shared’ and live vlogs? Do you have any plans for future development or do you just ‘go with the flow’?

Do you feel there has been a ‘coming together’ of Bond clothing fans, especially with the current spate of people getting involved and trying to get companies to reproduce original SA clothing items? Do you think you are at the forefront of this and do you have any SA items you’d like to see remade?

Props have taken a back seat over the last few years, do you think this is due to the props that are commercially available not exciting the customer base? Especially as (I think) some prop makers on fan boards make FAR superior items.

And can you get me a cheap(ish) Billy Reid Bond peacoat? :)) ;%
    YNWA 97
    Thanks, everyone, some tough questions there. I'm discussing things with David and we hope to put everything together at the weekend.
    Well, here's a pleasant surprise! David has answered all the questions above, plus the earlier ones, in a special AJB-dedicated episode of "The Bond Experience"-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9U2E52dn6c

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did! A big thank you to Mr Zaritsky.

(Charmed & Dangerous, you're gonna love this. Higgins, I hope you do too! :)) )
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    -{ really great video -{ David has a fantastic easy going
    Presenting style, which always makes his Bond Experience
    Videos so much fun.

And I gave it its first liked thumbs up, as I know he's really into
    That sort of thing :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Very good, thoroughly enjoyed this, thanks to all involved.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Great video and some sensible and well-thought thru replies from David!

I have very much enjoyed that!

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun to do, and thanks to everyone for the great questions....!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    That was a great video. Nice to hear all of our questions answered so well by David.

I was the second like on the video by the way. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    Really enjoyed that - and it was an inspired decision to answer by Vlog -{

Good consideration given to replies and some ‘full’ answers given...especially to the idiotic, rambling questions at the end :))

PS: I’ll be in touch soon :v :D
    YNWA 97
    David tells me the video will remain exclusive to AJB for a few days, then be publicly accessible on YouTube. He has very kindly provided a link to AJB which I hope some new people will take advantage of.

Also I'd like to thank him publicly for the very kind words he said about our site and its wonderful members. And Higgins.
    X-(

l

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Excellent interview! A great choice of questions and some very interesting answers -{
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Finally had a chance to watch this interview in full - brilliant and very funny! Thanks to David for answering the questions so fully and with such self-deprecating humour. A great tribute to everyone who took the time to pose such interesting questions too. And Higgins. :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Another thank you to David, for a shout out during his latest "Cocktail Hour" video! {[]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaS0__lvliU
    My pleasure! :)
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Very funny, great work, David. I loved the "wives" part, I wish my other part would love it too...

My question is: From where is that flag behind you? Siena??
    YES, very good....it is from Siena....you can see them waving in QoS...
    ggl007 wrote:
    Very funny, great work, David. I loved the "wives" part, I wish my other part would love it too...

• ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    YES, very good....it is from Siena....you can see them waving in QoS...
    ggl007 wrote:

Thanks, amazing collection. You should open a museum :007) -{
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I just watched the video and it was most enjoyable. Good work David and AJB. :007)
    David's video is now public at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9U2E52dn6c :)