Advice on a jacket to purchase?

Hey all,

Currently looking for a jacket For this upcoming fall weather. I like the look of the Royale filmwear Harrington, it's still available in my size! An XS

But I am hesitant because I am pretty slim, and would like a little bit of a slim-ish fit

I am 5'5 and 140.

But I am also looking at the Ethan hunt/Tom Cruise style of just buying a slimmer fitting bomber jacket that's in Navy, because of the slimmer fit he wears. Sorry if that's a no no mentioning a different "spy". :D

Any opinions on the Royale Harrington and it's fit?
Any advice?

Comments

• MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Hey all,

Currently looking for a jacket For this upcoming fall weather. I like the look of the Royale filmwear Harrington, it's still available in my size! An XS

But I am hesitant because I am pretty slim, and would like a little bit of a slim-ish fit

I am 5'5 and 140.

But I am also looking at the Ethan hunt/Tom Cruise style of just buying a slimmer fitting bomber jacket that's in Navy, because of the slimmer fit he wears. Sorry if that's a no no mentioning a different "spy". :D

Any advice?

What are your measurements? If the XS is the right proportions I'd go for it and worse case scenario you'll need some tailoring to be done.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Hey all,

I am 5'5 and 140.

Any advice?

What are your measurements? If the XS is the right proportions I'd go for it and worse case scenario you'll need some tailoring to be done.

I concur. And the Royale is fitted, not baggy. And you have the two small belts at the waist to adjust it even more!!
    Also, a tailoring is an option....
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    If you're in the States, I've noticed a bunch of very nice MI Fallout-like Theory bomber jackets on sale over the last week.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    I'll have to get back to you on measurements, but the size XS in the Harrington looks like it would fit.

Is one able to fold down the collar of the Harrington? I'm just not used to a collar that high up on my neck for the Harrington.

I should probably change the topic of the thread to Royale filmwear Harrington questions!!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    I'll have to get back to you on measurements, but the size XS in the Harrington looks like it would fit.

Is one able to fold down the collar of the Harrington? I'm just not used to a collar that high up on my neck for the Harrington.

I should probably change the topic of the thread to Royale filmwear Harrington questions!!

Yes, you can lay down the collar of a harrington.

ben-sherman-harrington.jpg

You can train the collar to stay down if you prefer.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    You can't go wrong with Dan at Royale. I have numerous items and each one is top notch. Highly recommended! -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    Thank you gents.

I'm torn between the Royale, and this nice jacket that has a bit of a slimmer look to it. As you can tell I'm not hard pressed on it being identical.

https://shop.mango.com/us/men/jackets-jackets/water-repellent-biker-style-jacket_53080530.html?c=56&n=1&s=prendas_he.familia;109
  • Greg137blueGreg137blue milford michiganPosts: 74MI6 Agent
    IMHO I’d go with the Royale. I have the last version ( the thicker one) and am very happy with it. Also if you have the funds the Baracuta G 4 is recommended. Greg