Re: No Time To Die Omega Ltd Editions

Wondered that myself. Maybe it's just a lovely Bond related vessel to hold all the tears that are shed after realising how much one has just spent on this watch?

Well that’s vile.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Higgins wrote:

What may be in that round box?

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/images/1569317866307-mvdfivwiw2-848c436222c5a8ce726e81d24786f440/OMEGA_watchbox_04.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&auto=format&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&fm=jpg&q=55&usm=12&w=820&dpr=2&s=c43d8ccb334ce279e041453b43157ffd

The monocular to help you to change the band when using the tool......I guess !!!

It’s a travel case.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Not a fan of these Bond Specials. Just look tacky to me. ajb007/crap

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Higgins wrote:

https://hodinkee.imgix.net/uploads/images/1569317866307-mvdfivwiw2-848c436222c5a8ce726e81d24786f440/OMEGA_watchbox_04.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&auto=format&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&fm=jpg&q=55&usm=12&w=820&dpr=2&s=c43d8ccb334ce279e041453b43157ffd

Some Lube  ajb007/biggrin

Trust No One

danjaq_0ff wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Some Lube  ajb007/biggrin

BUTT PLUG WITH A NUMBERED PLAQUE!  ajb007/amazed

It was just time until this perfectly innocent thread would be messed up by the usual suspects  ajb007/rolleyes

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Suspect.

Im the usual suspect ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin   ajb007/cheers

Trust No One

Asp9mm wrote:

It’s a travel case.

That would be desperately needed!

Who in his right mind is using these monstrous boxes in real life.
I am thinking of clearing a room just to stack up all the watchboxes, which get exponentially larger every 5 years it seems  ajb007/insane

Has anybody seen Archie Luxury dissecting his beautiful Patek wooden box just to discover some Thai marks on the invisible parts of the box  ajb007/biggrin

FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Look a bit naff to me. That gunbarrel is a bit nasty and the decal on the back is a bit much.

emtiem wrote:

Look a bit naff to me. That gunbarrel is a bit nasty and the decal on the back is a bit much.

Maybe its a sticker  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

I'm sorry but this watch is ugly! Once again Omega chooses to go overboard on the design elements for this particular LE Bond watch and misses the mark. The design on the caseback makes no sense to me as it obscures the movement. I think they would have been better served removing the symbol from the 12 marker and doing an engraved caseback like the standard Seamaster hippocampus or engraving the coat of arms into the rotor. I also think the box is way too big and should have included a nato strap!

I wasn’t a fan of the Aqua Terra with the Coat of Arms etc. However after seeing this I think the AT would have been better saved for this anniversary as at least a bit more elegant  ajb007/smile

Still makes no sense to me though to use OHMSS - very forced and bad idea

This version is ... TOO mutch ...

~God Judges Us by Our Scars~

welshboy78 wrote:

I wasn’t a fan of the Aqua Terra with the Coat of Arms etc. However after seeing this I think the AT would have been better saved for this anniversary as at least a bit more elegant  ajb007/smile

Still makes no sense to me though to use OHMSS - very forced and bad idea

Does not happen often, but here I totally agree with you  ajb007/wink

I like it but I don't think I need it.  I already have the rose gold version of the new seamaster with the rubber strap and that fits the bill nicely.  It's actually my favorite watch in terms of comfort and utility...the rubber strap is awesome.

that said, I do dig the watch face with the gunbarrel swirl.  The stuff on the back of the watch feels over-designed, especially since nobody will see it unless you take your watch off and go 'HERE!!! LOOK!!!  THIS IS A BOND WATCH, SEE???  ENVY ME!!!'

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Victor B wrote:

Honestly nothing for me which is good for my wallet . I will definitely wait for the SA LE.

Good idea to wait for the S A L E - just like the commander right  ajb007/smile

I still can't believe that that Commander Bond watch apparently sold well.  I thought it was ugly.

Current rankings:

Think still available in some places so I dont think it was quite as successful as past models

Last edited by welshboy78 (24th Sep 2019 19:47)

Paperbill wrote:

I just got a message from the local Omega boutique saying that a Bond watch is being announced tomorrow or Wednesday and they are taking a $5000 US deposit for it.  My guess is it's just the LE that's been discussed. but another source messaged me and said the Movie watch advertisement is coming out this week.  Should be an interesting week.

You called it Paperbill, well done!

" Not All Who Wander Are Lost "

yep, I just got an email from my dealer as well.  They're gonna get in two of these watches and she wants to know if I want one of them or not.

Dammit.

I'm going to wait and see what the movie watch looks like first.

Current rankings:

welshboy78 wrote:

Think still available in some places so I dont think it was quite as successful as past models

I did a quick search.  Looks like it's selling for under retail on the used market, so yeah...bullet dodged on that one.

Current rankings:

Funny when you think they could have actually played up some Swiss connections between the film and Omega.
I don’t mind the little bezants at the top; that would have been enough.