Re: Alternative Matera Slub Linen Jacket/Blouson -NTTD

Yeah the quality feels good, not the type of jacket i'd typically wear but i guess it's nice for some occasions

I got my Murano one, still waiting on the Mango jacket. I'll be either returning or selling the Murano, it feels great, it's quality materials, but it's meant to be worn and not lived in. The armholes aren't high enough to allow for very much movement and I just don't like clothing that restricts me like that. I want to be able to reach my arms in the air, out in front of me, tie my shoes, ride a motorcycle, etc. Hopefully the Mango has more movement capabilities.

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

Any uk members be willing to forward one to me in the states .? I have tried a forwarding service and paying with PayPal and the mango outlet uk just spins continuously and never go through.
I’m 42 inch chest so I’m guessing uk xl. I’d also pay someone for their time to get it to me. Please pm and thanks in advance

Just to reiterate
Ive now ordered 2 M, 3 L and 2 XL
Likely the 3 Larges are taken
But will happily relocate any spares rather than return them
So watch the thread for update on which ones are up
Exp arrival is early next week

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

This Mango jacket is much nicer than the SA one in terms of color, design,...and price
Than you Canoe for this great alternative
You are amazing!

Great find! Just ordered a M and L from Mango, I'll offer up whichever one doesn't fit on here before sending back.

How does the Mango one fit?

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

If the XL becomes available please let me know?

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Just to reiterate

007JBDCMWR wrote:

Just to reiterate

I would love one of the XL!

@jamesbondclassified

Will do gents
ajb007/martini

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Alternatives update and review. 

As has been mentioned, the Murano Trucker Jacket looks amazing and is well made, but doesn't fit me comfortably in any size.  The Medium and Large I ordered will be shipping back to the eBay seller today if anyone else wants to give 'em a shot.

The Save Khaki Work Jacket is a lightweight cotton twill slim-fit "shirt jacket."  I wear a Medium in most tops, and this one was too snug for me in the arms and chest even for a shirt.  I'm not thrilled with the style enough to order a Large. 

Hope this helps.  ajb007/martini

Last edited by Cajun (28th Sep 2019 17:07)

I edit, therefore I am.

Cajun wrote:

As has been mentioned, the Murano Trucker Jacket looks amazing and is well made, but doesn't fit me comfortably in any size.

Could you elaborate on the fit?  I've been on the fence about this jacket.  I'm as medium as medium gets (5'10", 40 chest, 33 waist, 33 arms) and was conflicted on which size.  Doesnt sound too promising from your observation.

I have the Save Khaki and it fits me very well. I ordered a medium, which is what I take in almost everything, and it fits me as expected. It’s nice and thin, but even on sale for $100, I’m not sure it’s worth that price. I plan on keeping it though. I’ll probably not buy any other alternatives and just wait to see what Connolly comes up with.

CB0012 wrote:

Could you elaborate on the fit?  I've been on the fence about this jacket.  I'm as medium as medium gets (5'10", 40 chest, 33 waist, 33 arms) and was conflicted on which size.  Doesnt sound too promising from your observation.

See post #52 as well.

I'm 5'11", 41-42 C/34 W/33 A.

In both sizes, I found that the shoulders over-protrude when worn, as with an oversized sport coat where the shoulder pads cause the upper sleeve to pucker below the pad.

Both sizes left little room to move in the chest and shoulders.  I'll sacrifice a bit of upper body movement for a more fitted look, but the cost-benefit here wasn't worth it IMO.

Last edited by Cajun (28th Sep 2019 17:11)

I edit, therefore I am.

Cajun wrote:

As has been mentioned, the Murano Trucker Jacket looks amazing and is well made, but doesn't fit me comfortably in any size.  The Medium and Large I ordered will be shipping back to the eBay seller today if anyone else wants to give 'em a shot.

The Save Khaki Work Jacket is a lightweight cotton twill slim-fit "shirt jacket."  I wear a Medium in most tops, and this one was too snug for me in the arms and chest even for a shirt.  I'm not thrilled with the style enough to order a Large. 

Hope this helps.  ajb007/martini

Did you buy the Murano from this particular eBay seller? Because mine wouldn’t accept returns and I’m now having to try and find it a new home myself.

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

Cajun wrote:
CB0012 wrote:

See post #52 as well.

I'm 5'11", 41-42 C/34 W/33 A.

In both sizes, I found that the shoulders over-protrude when worn, as with an oversized sport coat where the shoulder pads cause the upper sleeve to pucker below the pad.

Both sizes left little room to move in the chest and shoulders.  I'll sacrifice a bit of upper body movement for a more fitted look, but the cost-benefit here wasn't worth it IMO.

You and I are similarly sized (5’11” and I have a 43” chest, 19” shoulders, and 15” biceps) but my Save Khaki fits perfectly. None of the set pictures we’ve seen show Craig buttoning the blosoun to the top, but even when I do that, the upper body is spot on. I’ll be happily keeping mine.

I haven’t seen the Mango — and doubt I will since I’m in the States —but the photos seem to show a closer match to the Connolly in terms of color.

hcantrell wrote:

Did you buy the Murano from this particular eBay seller? Because mine wouldn’t accept returns and I’m now having to try and find it a new home myself.

I purchased both Muranos from the one seller that does accept returns.

I edit, therefore I am.

Cheverian wrote:

You and I are similarly sized (5’11” and I have a 43” chest, 19” shoulders, and 15” biceps) but my Save Khaki fits perfectly. None of the set pictures we’ve seen show Craig buttoning the blosoun to the top, but even when I do that, the upper body is spot on. I’ll be happily keeping mine.

Glad you had good luck with yours.  Maybe mine was mismarked. ajb007/confused

I edit, therefore I am.

Ordered the Mango one. Seems like a very good deal considering the price. Anyone got theirs yet and could share some opinions on the jacket?

Anyone in the UK that could forward a size small in the Mango jacket?

Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.

I ordered the Mango jacket but it doesn’t appear to have shipped yet and starting to get worried!

Can anyone in the UK pick me up an XXL or XL and ship to the US?

Do the patch pockets on the Mango jacket have buttons on the inside? From some pics I've seen it looks like buttons may be concealed underneath - if so, it may be possible to cut buttonholes to expose the buttons making it look SA...

Peakey wrote:

Do the patch pockets on the Mango jacket have buttons on the inside? From some pics I've seen it looks like buttons may be concealed underneath - if so, it may be possible to cut buttonholes to expose the buttons making it look SA...

I can confirm that yes, the patch pockets on the Mango DO have buttons on the inside

https://i.postimg.cc/5HCnQC50/CDE7-A991-0523-4-D8-F-9-CDA-EF6-D8-A3-D43-B7.jpg

Murder | Employment.

Thanks for confirming, as I suspected. So a small incision could be made through the cloth to create a hole to feed the buttons through to front of the jacket (or ask a tailor to create the button holes). For an item of clothing so cheap, I intend to do a DIY job.

Just got mine: I really like it! It's got a nice fit (not as slim-looking as the photos on the website seem to show I think so is perhaps closer to the NTTD jacket than it may appear) and is lovely and comfortable, and I think you can even wear it under a jacket as the weather starts to get chillier. In terms of being screen accurate I think the high collar means it won't be exact, but I think I prefer it! I think it'll just need a lot of ironing ajb007/smile

Very nice thing for pennies: thanks canoe2!