776

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

https://i.postimg.cc/HcH0dZmk/6-E8-AA3-A9-4429-4950-8-E43-A91-D7-C741-C66.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/xc7KcTQ7/45-E22430-A5-C7-430-D-9197-F09-E41-F035-AA.jpg

Went by my AD to see if they had the new Omega Lifetime magazine and they sadly hadn't received any yet. HOWEVER, they did have the new Bond watch!
https://i.postimg.cc/2b2WmCT0/A1-A8-C766-A055-4315-AED0-E95-F28-E2084-B.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/1gSVq8jW/9-A3-A53-C8-8-A77-47-E8-AD2-A-66-FA774-D1-E7-F.jpg

The associate I talked to was extremely helpful and the most knowledgeable about the brand that I've encountered there! He was even wearing his own limited edition Aqua Terra from Spectre and graciously let me try it on! I think it's safe to say he was a fan of Bond, too!

My issues with the watch were washed away by finally seeing it in person! Well, except the one-price. It's too bad because I was blown away by it. They did have one on the Milanese, but it wasn't on display as it was a pre-order and a customer was on the way to get it. I didn't ask to see it. I did match the NTTD nato with my Seamaster just to see how bad it would clash. I've seen others match the Spectre nato with a blue face and it doesn't work for me.

I left really wanting the watch, but I can't justify it right now. I'm envious of all of you who've gotten one! Wear it in good health!  ajb007/martini

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

777

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Really loving the gentle fade on your bezel insert, though!

778

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Great pictures.  If it ever gets to a reasonable price...

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

779

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Well I've given this a lot of thought and I've decided to cancel my Bond Seamaster and have ordered a regular Seamaster instead. The watch looks great but the price, aluminium rather than ceramic bezel and dial, no date, the very basic package, the price....the price!...just means I can't proceed. The Bond connection and titanium case just isn't worth the huge price to me. It's not even a limited edition so what happens when the film is in the rear view mirror, it just becomes another watch. Here in the UK the new Rolex Submariner comes in at about £1400 cheaper (if you can get one).

In the end this comparison photo swung it for me. I just preferred the regular Seamaster.

https://i.postimg.cc/Xq9ND34J/IMG-1578.png

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

780

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

ichaice wrote:

Well I've given this a lot of thought and I've decided to cancel my Bond Seamaster and have ordered a regular Seamaster instead. The watch looks great but the price, aluminium rather than ceramic bezel and dial, no date, the very basic package, the price....the price!...just means I can't proceed. The Bond connection and titanium case just isn't worth the huge price to me. It's not even a limited edition so what happens when the film is in the rear view mirror, it just becomes another watch. Here in the UK the new Rolex Submariner comes in at about £1400 cheaper (if you can get one).

In the end this comparison photo swung it for me. I just preferred the regular Seamaster.

https://i.postimg.cc/Xq9ND34J/IMG-1578.png

The “regular” Seamaster 300ms are gorgeous watches and have those ceramic bezels you’ll never need to worry about scratching. Don’t second guess your choice. You’re getting a fantastic watch and if you want to flip it for the NTTD watch in a few years you’ll almost certainly find that your Seamaster has held its value well. Lately I’ve been drawn to the white dial version. I had thought I wanted a Polar Explorer but, if I am being honest, the white Seamaster enchants me more and for a fraction of the price. Having read some posts here detailing serious customer service problems with the brand, I have been trying to kick the Omega habit (I own four) but I think I’m addicted.

781

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

ichaice wrote:

It's not even a limited edition so what happens when the film is in the rear view mirror, it just becomes another watch.

To each his own, but in terms of feeling a connection, that wasn't true of my Skyfall Planet Ocean, nor my CR SMP. Those are still special to me because of the Bond connection.

The spot where Omega's hands are tied here is that connection can only come after seeing the film, so the demand is not in full swing yet. On Omega's timeline, this movie would be well on blu-ray by now. Instead, they're left hawking a watch to a fanbase that is grouchy about the film not being out, ON TOP OF all the other hesitations and misgivings about the watch. It's a weird spot to be in.

I've never seen boutiques lower their prices, but folks who fall in love with this watch after the film comes out will be in a great position re: ADs and secondary market, as non-limited modern Omegas (and even some limited Omegas) don't tend to hold their value.

782

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

i also think that if you can purchase the new Rolex submariner nearly £2000 less than the NTTD omega it really is a no brainer

783

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

I've never seen boutiques lower their prices, but folks who fall in love with this watch after the film comes out will be in a great position re: ADs and secondary market, as non-limited modern Omegas (and even some limited Omegas) don't tend to hold their value.

That's what I'm hoping.

As an aside, I bought all of my Omegas pre-owned (after the initial depreciation hit) and have found their resale value to have increased. Not like Rolex, of course. But I could sell my 2531.80 or today and make a very nice profit. Same with the Planet Ocean.

Last edited by Cheverian (23rd Sep 2020 13:45)

784

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Just chillin and clicked on an Omega NTTD ad and ended up trying a few NATO options see below  ajb007/lol

Brown and Black looks a tad classy, but kinda like the grey

Cheers  ajb007/bond

https://i.postimg.cc/Xr1Vr3VZ/2-D9-AA30-E-854-D-40-C2-86-D5-CBCB04-E3-D9-E7.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QKZNjbj0/38-FDEF45-F118-46-B1-8381-50-AED59362-D9.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/tndqJxTy/795-BB541-9-F82-41-B3-BC18-231-B494-D2-D9-D.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/hfr4qT61/A3-FAFFC5-400-C-46-E7-AC3-A-07577-D8-CF5-BB.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/XrYjNX0S/B582-E207-84-A1-4920-9-D5-C-69274-B56-E915.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kB9MZf15/CC18-D507-37-D2-4-FEE-8-A96-6-BC2-AEE0-CD5-C.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/QVcx0RqP/E13-A93-E2-DDD9-4-D0-A-9-EA3-51-F63-C404630.jpg

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

785

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Brown and grey are the only ones that really go with it.  In the flesh black looks odd with a brown watch.  You can’t really tell from the pictures but I tried it on mine and it looks awful. There are actually very few NATO’s that work on it. The classic Bond stripes don’t work either. I guess that’s why they added a yellow stripe to subdue it a bit.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

786

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Think will stick with mesh

Instagram - bondclothes007

787

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

Brown and grey are the only ones that really go with it.  In the flesh black looks odd with a brown watch.  You can’t really tell from the pictures but I tried it on mine and it looks awful. There are actually very few NATO’s that work on it. The classic Bond stripes don’t work either. I guess that’s why they added a yellow stripe to subdue it a bit.

It isn't exactly a strap monster like the Spectre Seamaster 300 was. You can slap that one on any strap and it'll look good.

788

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Hey guys, would u guys who have been to ur omegas post photos of the lay out and display related to 007, im seeing so many cool set ups. I saw on instagram one boutoque with bond in front of  the v8 vantage then the watch displayed on the window, the another one was the watch next to a golden 007logo . Since cant travel this year would be cool to see the different omega set ups they have around the world. Cheers guys

Yes i did ride the CAT

789

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Hart008 wrote:

Hey guys, would u guys who have been to ur omegas post photos of the lay out and display related to 007, im seeing so many cool set ups. I saw on instagram one boutoque with bond in front of  the v8 vantage then the watch displayed on the window, the another one was the watch next to a golden 007logo . Since cant travel this year would be cool to see the different omega set ups they have around the world. Cheers guys

Here's the one with the big golden 007 logo on display at the Marina Bay Sands Omega boutique in Singapore when I was there last month.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50235673833_24923696ae_b.jpg

790

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Looks like it's actually a gadget watch!

https://youtu.be/H2ZEfTk4als

791

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Caseback for the movie watch is different. The mesh at the back is different too with the copper strip... Nice to know its a gadget. I see a blinking helium valve in that clip, I knew they'll incorporate that valve to be some form of gadget!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50378755741_cef917a4fc_b.jpg

792

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Oh I totally missed the blinking HEV, good spot.

793

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

It's gotta have its hero shots.

https://i.postimg.cc/NMMt5FLp/Screen-Shot-2020-09-24-at-10-55-30-pm.png

https://i.postimg.cc/Z0kz7LHM/Screen-Shot-2020-09-24-at-10-56-13-pm.png

https://i.postimg.cc/1tjQ6SqP/Screen-Shot-2020-09-24-at-10-56-25-pm.png

https://i.postimg.cc/SRYpfP69/Screen-Shot-2020-09-24-at-10-56-41-pm.png

794

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

I do hope that boat one isn't in the film though, unless there's a plot reason we're looking at the watch! ajb007/smile

795

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

emtiem wrote:

I do hope that boat one isn't in the film though, unless there's a plot reason we're looking at the watch! ajb007/smile

Remember the awkward close up shot of the Planet Ocean in Skyfall when Bond was controlling that digger, well, maybe its the same thing here, with the controls of the boat.. Lol

796

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Caseback not the same as the retail version. Would this be an issue to some?

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

797

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

ichaice wrote:

Caseback not the same as the retail version. Would this be an issue to some?

I doubt it. The more I look at that somewhat thick black caseback from that clip, the more I think its some sort of detachable gadget. Maybe a bomb or something. The shape and how it wraps around the case, it looks like it can be detached from the case. Note how the copper strip is attached to it. Once detached it would probably reveal the engraved caseback we're all familiar with by now. .

798

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

imranbecks wrote:

Caseback for the movie watch is different. The mesh at the back is different too with the copper strip... Nice to know its a gadget. I see a blinking helium valve in that clip, I knew they'll incorporate that valve to be some form of gadget!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50378755741_cef917a4fc_b.jpg

This would make sense as to why he's wearing it in retirement but it's still a mission gadget. Q refits it with a little IED caseback or something at some point!

How long until Ed is making a replica of that caseback...?

799

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
imranbecks wrote:

Caseback for the movie watch is different. The mesh at the back is different too with the copper strip... Nice to know its a gadget. I see a blinking helium valve in that clip, I knew they'll incorporate that valve to be some form of gadget!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50378755741_cef917a4fc_b.jpg

This would make sense as to why he's wearing it in retirement but it's still a mission gadget. Q refits it with a little IED caseback or something at some point!

Yeah good point, especially as it has the military symbol on it: it wouldn't be very subtle of Q to give him a watch which tells people he's in the Navy! ajb007/smile

800

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

I’m definitely not tired of seeing this poking out of my sleeve  ajb007/smile 
https://i.postimg.cc/fbcWYR4Y/09-D40-FA7-EC5-D-4-B48-8-C63-37749-D5-CB498.jpg