Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Could that be the next project for our Props gurus...?

emtiem wrote:
HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
imranbecks wrote:

Caseback for the movie watch is different. The mesh at the back is different too with the copper strip... Nice to know its a gadget. I see a blinking helium valve in that clip, I knew they'll incorporate that valve to be some form of gadget!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50378755741_cef917a4fc_b.jpg

This would make sense as to why he's wearing it in retirement but it's still a mission gadget. Q refits it with a little IED caseback or something at some point!

Yeah good point, especially as it has the military symbol on it: it wouldn't be very subtle of Q to give him a watch which tells people he's in the Navy! ajb007/smile

Great shot!  I checked one out at my local boutique, they only had it on the nato.  I didn't vibe with it then, but man, I do love that bracelet.  I'm considering the watch more for the bracelet than anything  ajb007/lol

JTM wrote:

I’m definitely not tired of seeing this poking out of my sleeve  ajb007/smile 
https://i.postimg.cc/fbcWYR4Y/09-D40-FA7-EC5-D-4-B48-8-C63-37749-D5-CB498.jpg

Not happy!

I bought one of these in good faith that it was the watch James Bond wears in the film.

Nooooow I find out the one he wears has a blinking helium valve and a small explosive on the back of it! I am livid as the one they sold me is clearly not SA!

Have contacted Omega and my AD and am awaiting a response!

Yes. Considerably.

Ferinstal wrote:

Not happy!

I bought one of these in good faith that it was the watch James Bond wears in the film.

Nooooow I find out the one he wears has a blinking helium valve and a small explosive on the back of it! I am livid as the one they sold me is clearly not SA!

Commiserations, Ferinstal, but on the bright side it's probably easier to wear yours through an airport than it will be for Bond to wear his!

There is a page on the Omega NTTD book which hints at a number of gadgets.
https://i.postimg.cc/F7SVD61Z/160-E1-A88-CDC3-4817-8-B21-E3540-B7-D5-DFC.jpg

some great pictures, everyone.  Glad you're enjoying your new watches!

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Giugiaro wrote:

There is a page on the Omega NTTD book which hints at a number of gadgets.
https://i.postimg.cc/F7SVD61Z/160-E1-A88-CDC3-4817-8-B21-E3540-B7-D5-DFC.jpg

That looks like it's just showing gadgets that have been in the Bond Omegas over the years. The watch in the picture is not the NTTD model (date, different bezel, no broad arrow, different bracelet etc).

Ferinstal wrote:

Not happy!

You've been sold the totally screen-accurate "Sitting Your Retired Ass On A Boat" Edition. It clearly gets retrofitted with the extras once he returns to London.

That version goes on sale when the movie opens next summer.  ajb007/lol

(Real talk: if the movie shifts again, I could totally see Omega releasing a deluxe (!!) version with both bracelet and NATO, in a proper box this time, to coincide with the release...)

JTM, Fair comment. I was getting a little over excited there !
Those features would indeed be an awful lot to pack into a single watch.

The AD I got my NTTD watch from has just sent me a copy of the Omega ‘magazine’ - I say ‘magazine’...but it’s a weighty tome with 154 packed pages of Bond goodness! As I’m avoiding as much as I can about the film, I ain’t going to be looking any time soon but it will be great to dive in to after release.

Yes. Considerably.

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
Ferinstal wrote:

Not happy!

You've been sold the totally screen-accurate "Sitting Your Retired Ass On A Boat" Edition. It clearly gets retrofitted with the extras once he returns to London.

That version goes on sale when the movie opens next summer.  ajb007/lol

(Real talk: if the movie shifts again, I could totally see Omega releasing a deluxe (!!) version with both bracelet and NATO, in a proper box this time, to coincide with the release...)

ajb007/lol Fair point, well made Sir!

Re: the ‘Deluxe’ version... If C&J can charge £900 for a pair of £440 dress shoes with 007 shoe-trees and a ‘Limited Edition’ box, nothing would surprise me!

I’d actually be good if they did - would make my ‘original’ release more valuable! Besides, I’ve worn my every day since I got it and just love it :-)

Yes. Considerably.

I came across the watch today on the NATO strap. Looks really good but was very brown under the AD lights.

https://i.postimg.cc/xTNjg4VB/A7-F1-C528-174-D-41-A4-9-DDE-6-F7357164-B57.jpg

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

Dinner; as for the jacket, you know their name...

https://i.postimg.cc/KvV2ptfs/33-B2-E459-748-A-485-C-A23-D-F27-EFBD017-DD.jpg

I wonder how many price jumps and special editions Omega can get out before NTTD is actually released?!  ajb007/lol

Still bloody waiting on mine. 

Should get before April 2021  ajb007/lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

welshboy78 wrote:

It will be proper vintage by then!  ajb007/smile

This watch will probably loose its warranty way before the movie is released... ajb007/shifty

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

kadd wrote:
welshboy78 wrote:

It will be proper vintage by then!  ajb007/smile

Haha - prob 2 price rises also

Instagram - bondclothes007

Standard SMP will have a lovely genuine patina by the time NTTD is released ajb007/biggrin

"Any of the opposition around..?"

It’s not a limited edition, but I wonder how long Omega will keep this watch in their collection? If the NTTD had released in April this year, and the movie’s physical release had now been and gone, would they be starting to slow production?

JTM wrote:

It’s not a limited edition, but I wonder how long Omega will keep this watch in their collection? If the NTTD had released in April this year, and the movie’s physical release had now been and gone, would they be starting to slow production?

I asked at a few boutiques earlier in the year and was consistently told whilst it wasn't limited edition it would remain in the collection "until the next film".

Omega seems to be really screwed here. They're charging a premium for a watch that isn't a limited edition, but they can't get the movie marketing they need. The NTTD watch already seems like old news in not just the horological press but men's magazines and style blogs (and vlogs) too. The watch business is something I know nothing about so I'll let others with industry experience prognosticate about how Omega will handle this.

Cheverian wrote:

Omega seems to be really screwed here. They're charging a premium for a watch that isn't a limited edition, but they can't get the movie marketing they need. The NTTD watch already seems like old news in not just the horological press but men's magazines and style blogs (and vlogs) too. The watch business is something I know nothing about so I'll let others with industry experience prognosticate about how Omega will handle this.

I wonder if this actually gives them multiple spikes in interest to help them move product. Whatever we're thinking, there are those that will get caught up in pre-release hype, which now has three different spots on the calendar to hit them, allowing for a variety of fiscal situations (skint in November, maybe more flush in six months, etc).

JTM wrote:

The watch isn't going anywhere. It will be in production until the next Bond movie comes around. So that's about at least another 3 years minimum maybe.

Damn 007! I ordered the Bond Seamaster, then cancelled it and bought another Omega and I think I’ve just ordered the Bond again  ajb007/lol

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/