901

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Monsieur Le Chiffre wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

‘Cause it looks superb, the box crystal is perfected by Omega in this watch.  The colour is outstanding.  The milanese bracelet is silky and wonderful to wear.  The movement is a power house and a true innovation in watch making. The dial is textured in a way that makes looking at it through that box crystal, constantly alluring.  Omega has a rich historical pedigree with HM Armed Forces going right back to WWI and can proudly place that broad arrow on its dial as it has very much earned that right.  And Bond wears it. And I can afford it. Which is important.  I don’t think it’s worth going into debt for by putting it on a credit card, especially in these uncertain times.  But if you like it, and can afford it. Then why not!

As for the bracelet issue.  Well, no one knew about that until recently. And it’s still not confirmed as to what exactly is happening.  Which is annoying in itself.

My contact at Omega confirmed "This has been a known issue to them for some time, all watches leaving the factory now come with the new bracelet and it has been this way for many months."

Mine is due to arrive with the new bracelet on Tuesday/Wednesday of this week (having ordered it in August). Still undecided as to whether or not to keep it. Will post pictures when it arrives.

I‘M trying to stay objective with this issue, Omega have treated me appallingly, so if anything I’d be fuelling this fire, but...  Sorry to say that your contact seems to be prone to exaggeration and scare mongering and their facts are off.  Omega were still shipping out the first style bracelet straight from the factory on 21 October at least.  So “many months” is far from a fact.  They still had it in the boutique window two weeks previous to that.  So we still have to get official confirmation from them.  My other half was top tier in Omega for years, and they’re being very tight with the facts with her.

I used to work for their superior opposition too and still have a few contacts over on the other side.  The only info Ive gleaned is that it’s not a major concern.   So we are still pretty much in the dark as to the extent of the issue and how they’re addressing it.

We need to find out the facts here before we start internet rumour and disinformation.

Last edited by Asp9mm (20th Nov 2020 19:21)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

902

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

I’ve been monitoring their site too. You’d think if this was an issue and they were shipping out the new bracelet, then they’d at least change the website picture to avoid inevitable complaints.  But no. This is it right now.  And it’s available to purchase immediately with next day delivery.


https://i.postimg.cc/GHkgV9MH/86-AB623-A-766-F-464-A-9514-88-F4110-BFD1-A.png

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

903

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

I’ve been monitoring their site too. You’d think if this was an issue and they were shipping out the new bracelet, then they’d at least change the website picture to avoid inevitable complaints.  But no. This is it right now.  And it’s available to purchase immediately with next day delivery.


https://i.postimg.cc/GHkgV9MH/86-AB623-A-766-F-464-A-9514-88-F4110-BFD1-A.png

Absolutely agree, the fact that I placed my order with an AD 12 weeks ago today, but found out about the potential of a bracelet revision on here is shoddy service in itself if it turns out to be true.

I have been checking the same product page daily and all the images seem to be the same as when originally released to my eye. When mine arrives next week I will upload pictures.

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused."

904

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

I've started to see the NTTD watch showing up as preowned on Chrono24 and other sites. Prices are coming down. Not always and everywhere but I've now found the (used) NATO version for less than $7,500, so that's a step in the right direction. I've been trying to decide the number I need to see the watch hit the buy button. But it won't be in 2020 in any case.

905

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

MLC, I guess you’ll  be the Litmus test.   And we will all be awaiting the outcome for better or worse. Just hope it works out to be something you want and fulfills your expectations.  Despite my trauma with Omega, the watch actually did that.  I’ll still never buy another watch off them again ever.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

906

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

MLC, I guess you’ll  be the Litmus test.   And we will all be awaiting the outcome for better or worse. Just hope it works out to be something you want and fulfills your expectations.  Despite my trauma with Omega, the watch actually did that.  I’ll still never buy another watch off them again ever.


Tell me more...

907

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

otacon 01 wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

MLC, I guess you’ll  be the Litmus test.   And we will all be awaiting the outcome for better or worse. Just hope it works out to be something you want and fulfills your expectations.  Despite my trauma with Omega, the watch actually did that.  I’ll still never buy another watch off them again ever.


Tell me more...

It’s too long and complicated to type out in full, but the highlights  have been talked about further back in this thread.   I don’t want to derail it again.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

908

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Catching up with this thread and reading about the bad experiences some of you made with OMEGA as well as learning about recent developments with this particular watch, I really started asking myself, if I ever going to buy this or another OMEGA watch and continue to support a company which rips off the entire James Bond fan base by asking skyrocketing prices and obviously doesn’t care about its customers at all.

I only wish someone at EON would have the courage to end this relationship with OMEGA and return to the books.

909

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

My customer experience with this watch was just....phenomenal. I got the watch in late February. Originally put my name on the waiting list and got the call just a few weeks later. Went to the store where the manager was waiting for me, was offered all the little courtesis.

Got the watch with some Omega-extras, like the bracelet removal tool, magnifying glass, card holder, travel pouch and a bottle of champagne. Also I‘ll get an invite for 2 for a private screening of NTTD hosted by Omega.

The manager contacted me again 3 months later to ask if I was happy with the watch and to not hesitate to contact him should there be any questions, problems,...
And bc I told them I was a very big Bond-fan he let me know that they will prepare a nice Bond-themed Omega merchandise packet once the movie comes out.

On top of that, I was given the NTTD-Lifetime magazine alongside the watch poster last month...


I can only speak for myself, but I found the customer experience with Omega to be exceptionally great.  ajb007/martini

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

910

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

AugustWalker wrote:

My customer experience with this watch was just....phenomenal. I got the watch in late February. Originally put my name on the waiting list and got the call just a few weeks later. Went to the store where the manager was waiting for me, was offered all the little courtesis.

Got the watch with some Omega-extras, like the bracelet removal tool, magnifying glass, card holder, travel pouch and a bottle of champagne. Also I‘ll get an invite for 2 for a private screening of NTTD hosted by Omega.

The manager contacted me again 3 months later to ask if I was happy with the watch and to not hesitate to contact him should there be any questions, problems,...
And bc I told them I was a very big Bond-fan he let me know that they will prepare a nice Bond-themed Omega merchandise packet once the movie comes out.

On top of that, I was given the NTTD-Lifetime magazine alongside the watch poster last month...


I can only speak for myself, but I found the customer experience with Omega to be exceptionally great.  ajb007/martini

But you didn’t have any experience with a Omega at all. You had experience with an Omega AD, which is very different. I dealt with Omega directly. Which is a big mistake. I should have gone to the Omega store in Bond Street and then, like you, I would have had all of the extras and great service.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

911

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

I think much like anything, its just a human thing. Some people are more accommodating (how any brand especially a luxury brand should be), and unfortunately some fall short. I’ve seen my share of the stuffy “who are you” type attitude before also. Stuff like this has happened with big time names like Tom Ford recently, but the vast majority of my experiences have been incredible and I was blown away by the caring and sincerity of the employees even if at times they knew my purchase wasnt a crazy big one they still went above and beyond to treat me well.
When you spend that amount of money its quite disappointing that they wouldnt be better at treating you well but I think maybe bring that up with the specific people rather than write the entire brand off. I definitely get the disappointment, but there’s so many employees that take pride in treating the customer better than how you unfortunately were treated. I hope if you do have another experience with them they will treat you better and you can leave with a better feeling than the last.

912

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Isn‘t an Omega boutique like dealing with Omega directly?  ajb007/confused

The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
Check it out, you won’t be disappointed ajb007/smile

913

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

But you didn’t have any experience with a Omega at all. You had experience with an Omega AD, which is very different. I dealt with Omega directly. Which is a big mistake. I should have gone to the Omega store in Bond Street and then, like you, I would have had all of the extras and great service.

Omega Boutiques aren't ADs though...?? ADs are places like Goldsmiths, Watches of Switzerland etc, not OBs.

914

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

AugustWalker wrote:

Isn‘t an Omega boutique like dealing with Omega directly?  ajb007/confused

Yeah, a boutique isn't the same as an AD; they are employees of the brand itself. (And like you, I've only had great experiences at my boutique, while I know others have been very vocally unhappy with their experience at my very same boutique. Lots of variables at play.)

915

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Omega don’t have stores. The boutiques are owned by ADs. In the UK that’s the Aurum Group. They own Goldsmiths, Mappin & Webb and Watches of Switzerland.  It’s the same with Patek stores and Rolex too.  It’s very misleading. You can only buy off Omega directly online.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

916

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:
AugustWalker wrote:

Isn‘t an Omega boutique like dealing with Omega directly?  ajb007/confused

Yeah, a boutique isn't the same as an AD; they are employees of the brand itself. (And like you, I've only had great experiences at my boutique, while I know others have been very vocally unhappy with their experience at my very same boutique. Lots of variables at play.)

That’s not true. See my post above.  An Omega boutique is absolutely just an AD. Think of them as franchises going to the highest bidder.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

917

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

JTM wrote:
Asp9mm wrote:

But you didn’t have any experience with a Omega at all. You had experience with an Omega AD, which is very different. I dealt with Omega directly. Which is a big mistake. I should have gone to the Omega store in Bond Street and then, like you, I would have had all of the extras and great service.

Omega Boutiques aren't ADs though...?? ADs are places like Goldsmiths, Watches of Switzerland etc, not OBs.

Yes. Omega boutiques are are owned by that group exactly. Not Omega. Aurum holdings. So when you go to an Omega boutique, you are going to a Goldsmiths/Watches of Switzerland store that has the licence to just sell Omega watches within that shop and label it an Omega Store.  They also own the Breitling, TAG and Rolex boutiques amongst a few others. But they’re the main ones. So if anyone is boycotting WoS due to their shoddy service, and a I know there are loads, then going to an Omega boutique is still the same people. But saying that, I’ve only ever had exceptional service from the boutiques as they are very careful to represent Omega strongly. They don’t want that franchise taken off them.

Last edited by Asp9mm (22nd Nov 2020 22:09)

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

918

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

https://i.postimg.cc/jwDNbmtV/9-B262-CB7-2-AE7-4-F75-A9-BF-ACED44-D72-DC5.jpg

My understanding has always been this is an AD.


https://i.postimg.cc/z3RW2sxK/06380-F76-7-BCA-4-E85-AA6-B-E91-DE44-F6-DDF.jpg

And this boutique is an official Omega boutique with the Jared mentioned being an AD

I get the distinction you are making @asp9mm, but Omega is passing off the boutiques as official store fronts on their site.

Last edited by JET007 (22nd Nov 2020 22:11)

@JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com

919

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

JET007 wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/jwDNbmtV/9-B262-CB7-2-AE7-4-F75-A9-BF-ACED44-D72-DC5.jpg

My understanding has always been this is an AD.


https://i.postimg.cc/z3RW2sxK/06380-F76-7-BCA-4-E85-AA6-B-E91-DE44-F6-DDF.jpg

And this boutique is an official Omega boutique with the Jared mentioned being an AD

Yeah same as the rest of the world. Omega don’t run or even own any brick and mortar stores.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

920

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

‘Cause it looks superb, the box crystal is perfected by Omega in this watch.  The colour is outstanding.  The milanese bracelet is silky and wonderful to wear.  The movement is a power house and a true innovation in watch making. The dial is textured in a way that makes looking at it through that box crystal, constantly alluring.  Omega has a rich historical pedigree with HM Armed Forces going right back to WWI and can proudly place that broad arrow on its dial as it has very much earned that right.  And Bond wears it. And I can afford it. Which is important.  I don’t think it’s worth going into debt for by putting it on a credit card, especially in these uncertain times.  But if you like it, and can afford it. Then why not!

As for the bracelet issue.  Well, no one knew about that until recently. And it’s still not confirmed as to what exactly is happening.  Which is annoying in itself.

Well put. Everything you say is valid, but I’d just note that you (and most of the people here) fall into the group what people I would consider to be “ardent collectors.”

921

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Miles Messervy wrote:

......... but I’d just note that you (and most of the people here) fall into the group what people I would consider to be “ardent collectors.”

Well, yeah  ajb007/biggrin.  And I particularly collect British issue military Omega watches too. So it appeals to that as well as the Bond connection.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

922

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Asp9mm wrote:

MLC, I guess you’ll  be the Litmus test.   And we will all be awaiting the outcome for better or worse. Just hope it works out to be something you want and fulfills your expectations.  Despite my trauma with Omega, the watch actually did that.  I’ll still never buy another watch off them again ever.

My watch arrived today. Whilst I was fully expecting the V2 bracelet, I was still disappointed when I opened the box to see it had shipped with the updated version. I have attached some images of the revised areas.

https://i.postimg.cc/2bhb30Ft/L1010681.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CBG5wzwT/L1010724.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SnPJrBg5/L1010730.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G8w90kwx/L1010733.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/7Jq6hwLC/L1010736.jpg

I may well be in the minority, but there is something about it that now leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Buying a watch or any product for that matter, waiting over twelve weeks for it, just to receive something different, without even being told.

I will sleep on it but how I feel about it at the moment, the watch will be going back ajb007/frown

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused."

923

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

That really sucks. I hate to say it, but it looks off.  This looks like an aftermarket bracelet, it just goes against the flow of the lugs and stands out too much.   But at least it won’t break.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

924

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

It's an understandable reaction, but I must say I've spent this week side-eyeing my v1 bracelet and to be honest "worry" is not the primary emotion I want to feel when I look at the watch. I'm keeping the v1 (as it's now going to be "rare"ish) and am assuming Omega will replace the bracelet when and if it does break (whenever that may be), but I'm resigned to not actually "enjoying" the watch until that nagging thought about the bracelet runs its course, maybe in a few months.

For what it's worth, the watch is no less aesthetically pleasing with the new bracelet, in my opinion, but the non-SA factor would upset me as well. If it helps, a TRUE SA version wouldn't have the 007 logo on the back, so in a way, none of us have true screen accuracy?

925

Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

HalfMonk HalfHitman wrote:

It's an understandable reaction, but I must say I've spent this week side-eyeing my v1 bracelet and to be honest "worry" is not the primary emotion I want to feel when I look at the watch. I'm keeping the v1 (as it's now going to be "rare"ish) and am assuming Omega will replace the bracelet when and if it does break (whenever that may be), but I'm resigned to not actually "enjoying" the watch until that nagging thought about the bracelet runs its course, maybe in a few months.

For what it's worth, the watch is no less aesthetically pleasing with the new bracelet, in my opinion, but the non-SA factor would upset me as well. If it helps, a TRUE SA version wouldn't have the 007 logo on the back, so in a way, none of us have true screen accuracy?

Your last point re SA is what I keep telling myself. I call my PO the Skyfall watch, but it is also not SA as it is steel and not titanium.

I guess it is now a battle for most NTTD watch owners; do you retain the V1 for the greater authenticity and have an underlying fear it will fail or relieve that fear with the less SA V2.

"Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused."