Re: Omega MOVIE watch, No Time to Die

Video of the new Bond watch with the Omega CEO

https://youtu.be/HFCEyT6w2GM

just had a phone call from local Omega AD stating that if i wanted the new NTTD watch they require £800 deposit to secure. Don't know why this is as its not even a limited edition lol.

shilton125 wrote:

just had a phone call from local Omega AD stating that if i wanted the new NTTD watch they require £800 deposit to secure. Don't know why this is as its not even a limited edition lol.

I think they are going to drip feed slowly per AD from what ive been told.   My AD claims only getting 5 initially and demand is huge so first come first served with deposit (already sold their initial allocation)

Instagram - bondclothes007

If not after bragging rights - after the fuss dies down I would imagine a nice discount possible on the Omega

shilton125 wrote:

Interesting, here in Las Vegas the Omega Boutique was requiring $5,000 before the watch was announced and right after they were requiring the full amount of $9,200. I ended up making the deposit for the full amount after it was announced. I will post when It comes in.

Buona fortuna, donna Lucia

My Connection at Omega told me that the watch wasn't selling well at all. They are hoping for a pick up near the movie release.

I canceled my order with the Omega Boutique and will be switching over to an AD with a nice discount very soon.

Last edited by Paperbill (24th Jan 2020 20:36)

Omega have lost the plot.  I used to be behind them in their cause to raise their game to Rolex levels.  But they’re going the opposite way.   With this and the 321 overpricing, they’re going to turn people away.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

I like it that people are calling the LE 321 the „Greedmaster“  ajb007/biggrin
Same applies to the NTTD watch.

I have not ordered one for me yet.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.
-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------
FIRST TO DISCOVER substantial evidence that Chew Mee is in fact not totally nude in the TMWTGG pool scenes!

Gosh I just had a look as I hadn’t heard of this 321: it says £11,000..? For a Speedmaster?!

Yeah that much for a steel on steel Speedmaster is ridiculous! The alternative is the platinum on leather 321—a bargain at only $85,000AU/£45,500  ajb007/insane

emtiem wrote:

Gosh I just had a look as I hadn’t heard of this 321: it says £11,000..? For a Speedmaster?!

Don't get me wrong the Speedmaster is a fine watch at 5k but the 321 at 14k doesn't make any sense! The "new" movement, smaller case and bracelet do not justify a price thats over 2.5 times the price of a standard Speedmaster. If it was a limited production for a set period of time I'd say 9k would be a reasonable price but apparently Omega thinks they're Rolex ajb007/lol

Last edited by MikeG77 (25th Jan 2020 18:25)

Yeah I love Speedmasters too, but they’re not exactly rare.

JTM wrote:

Yeah that much for a steel on steel Speedmaster is ridiculous! The alternative is the platinum on leather 321—a bargain at only $85,000AU/£45,500  ajb007/insane

That’s insane.

Yeah that Speedmaster is nuts

Likewise with the NTTD.   I only ordered as get discount, would not touch for RRP

After a 2 minute deliberation I have decided not to order the NTTD watch firstly i don't think its worth the money and secondly it's not even a limited edition. Perhaps long after the movie release and hopefully a reduction in price I may change may mind

Grab a used one at half the price in 2 years.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>TLD>SF>GE>OP>DN>FYEO>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>SP>DAF>LTK>AVTAK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Dalton>Brosnan

Gymkata wrote:

Grab a used one at half the price in 2 years.

That's my plan. We shall see whether it holds its value or not.

I wonder if Omega create false waiting lists by limiting supply. It’s the perfect watch to do that with.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Asp9mm wrote:

I wonder if Omega create false waiting lists by limiting supply. It’s the perfect watch to do that with.

Yeah I was thinking similar