James Bond Jr. cartoon series

PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
Hello all,

I was thinking recently about the short lived 1991 cartoon series James Bond Jr. and I how I wish that I would come out on DVD. I have many fond memories of this cartoon as it inspired me to watch the films later on. Many other cartoons series that only got one season are out on DVD( some are exclusive to Region 2 despite being American produced shows), and I am surprised that this show never got a DVD release at all. I really hope that it does come out in the near future, especially since Cartoon Network does not show reruns any more.

Comments

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,118MI6 Agent
    I think some episodes are available on YouTube.
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • AndrewBondAndrewBond Skyfall, UKPosts: 64MI6 Agent
    Yeah pretty sure I’ve seen them knocking around You Tube, and I know Calvin Dyson has done review vids on some (but not all) of them. Never watched any myself but I really ought to give them a go out of curiosity.
    ‘Secret Agent?? On whose side?’
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Yes, a few episodes are on You Tube although I really wish that EON would give us a proper release on DVD of all 65 episodes. Like many cartoons back in the VHS era, only a handful of episodes got a release. A lot of older cartoons have gotten DVD releases in the last few years, including many that only ran for one season. If I worked for EON, I would defiantly get in touch with Shout Factory, or some other DVD publisher and release the series.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    edited November 2022
    Still nothing yet official about this series coming to DVD, but I am not giving up hope. Quite a few of my favorite childhood cartoons have taken a few years to come to DVD.* I am really surprised that James Bond Jr. never got a DVD release in the United Kingdom. Quite a few American produced cartoons from years past, have Region 2 DVD releases when they don't have any release/ or a partial release in the US. UPDATE: Since I got tired of waiting, I got a fan produced DVD set of the entire run of the show. Despite the picture quality being poor since it was sourced from VHS recordings made back in 1991, it is better than nothing. Also, I am really glad that the recent book The Lost Adventures of James Bond by Mark Edlitz has a few sections devoted to the show, how it was made and whole background information on the character of James Bond Jr. that was in the writer's bible and never mentioned on screen. I quite enjoyed reading this section of the book, the interviews with the crew members of James Bond Jr. provided quite a few insights in how much work went into the show and despite it not being a major hit, many of the crew members were fans of the film series and are pleased to have been connected to the world of Ian Fleming's superspy even if in a minor capacity.

* I remember getting the Time Life release of The Real Ghostbusters on DVD, months after it was offered. This is my all time favorite cartoon series and I was thrilled to own the complete series at last. Sony Pictures took their sweet time releasing a handful of episodes on single volume DVD's, prior to releasing all 140 episodes in order to consumers.