Re: NTTD Massimo Alba - “Steps” Trousers Special Order

It'll be a bargain compared to what some of us are going to drop on the N.Peal stuff.

Sorry fellas I’m out. I just don’t want to spend that much.

Buona fortuna, donna Lucia

If anyone in USA wants to send to me in U.K. and I can forward onto USA from U.K. as appears it will be cheaper

The pricing to USA will unfortunately not change based on my discussions with MA, so it will be $385 v's European cost of €240. The difference is due entirely to the shipping, import duties and HANDLING charges of the shipping companies that MA use to provide their delivery service. The actual delivery cost is a small fraction of the costs $30-40 the rest are duties and those HANDLING charges of the shipping company! For companies like MA, this ensures that their product is delivered direct to your door and they are not left having to deal with packages getting stuck in customs.

I am no expert on this, but just to illustrate, we face the same issue in EU, importing from the the US. If I buy a pair of Billy Reid jeans say, online at £220 ($245) from US, then my delivered price is £350: so £130 extra - which Billy Reid state as £30 (cheapest) delivery cost plus import, duties, handling charges which are £100. So buying Billy Reid in the UK, there is a significant price issue, and if we want their product then generally there are only occasional options to buy from within EU. Same has happened on eBay over recent years, where people sign up to ship under "Global Shipping" the cost becomes prohibitive to import from US.  All of this is no particular help for us I know, but it illustrates that its not just an MA issue, but part of the tightening up firstly by customs to capture duties and then being "exploited" by shipping companies to manage this process ( that at least is how these costs appear to me!).

Apologies again that we did not get to this earlier, but I think the guy who is co-ordinating this all for us at MA, had not realised himself until he started processing the orders internally. MA will only ship this way to US is my current understanding, so no way around with MA.

Therefore the alternatives are either to pay the $385; cancel the order(but please let MA know directly when they contact you, as otherwise its going to delay things for everyone); or, once you receive your payment request from MA, to respond  with a new EU delivery address, and then get someone to ship them to you direct as this allows flexibility about how this is done ajb007/wink and much more cost effective!  There are already some volunteers on the thread to do this, so suggest you PM them if you want to go this way and then inform MA directly of changed address and request for new invoice with EU cost.

Thank you Cederic for the explaination. Very good information for the future. Unfortunately, I’m going to bow out of this opportunity. Will let MA know when/if they contact me.

MA told me they wont be ready to accept orders until January. They're just compiling names for a list at the moment. So there's plenty of time to save up if you're on the fence.

Latest Update:
The order will go out to production on Monday. I have PM'd individually the 8 people who MA say they have not yet received a response from, so please check your messages and respond accordingly.

If anyone who was on the list, still wants to order and has not received an email direct from MA(Alessandro), then please let me know (PM me) and I can still rectify this!  I suspect there still may be some in this category and it may well include some of the 8 already PM'd!  As I said from outset, it is not always straightforward with MA!

Otherwise thank you everyone for your speedy co-operation.

jared_nomak wrote:

If anyone in USA wants to send to me in U.K. and I can forward onto USA from U.K. as appears it will be cheaper

Ross I'd like to take you up on this offer!

Last edited by MikeG77 (11th Oct 2019 16:46)