Skyfall Lodge Scarf Tom Ford Split for sale

Hi all, got my hands on a brand new TF lodge scarf and mad enough to consider cutting it down to size (who does that to a £400 scarf?!). Before I do does anyone want the other half? If so am open to offers but no idea what is reasonable...

Comments

• MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Let’s talk.... :))

Check PM

IceQ wrote:
    Hi all, got my hands on a brand new TF lodge scarf and mad enough to consider cutting it down to size (who does that to a £400 scarf?!). Before I do does anyone want the other half? If so am open to offers but no idea what is reasonable...
  • IceQIceQ Posts: 298MI6 Agent
    Cheers, sent you some pics
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    What's the model # for this particular scarf?l
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    I don’t think the model number was ever discovered. I’ve got one of the screen used costumes including the scarf and TOM FORD is woven into the material as part of the design. It’s very distinctive.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I don’t think the model number was ever discovered. I’ve got one of the screen used costumes including the scarf and TOM FORD is woven into the material as part of the design. It’s very distinctive.

Yep this one has that too. Going by colour and texture/finish this looks to be correct
  • "Tom Ford" is woven into every scarf they sell. That doesn't exactly narrow it down.

I read somewhere that the original was 100% cashmere. I believe yours is 70% cashmere / 30% silk.

But like asp9mm said, don't think the screen used one was every truly identified. There have been several dark brown scarves produced.

asp9mm, can you post pics of your screen worn scarf? That might help.
    I’m away from home at the moment. But will do when I get back. Screen used one is 100% cashmere. And has a distinctive TF name woven in as part of the scarf. Very subtle. In fact calling it a scarf is a bit misleading. It was originally more like a shawl. That’s why they cut it down. You should get two small scarves from the base material and an extra small bit left over. So three parts in all.
    Again like Asp9mm’s this is the shawl type version
  • I saw the original ebay listing of this scarf but passed on it because I wasn't sure if it was the lodge scarf.
    IceQ let us know what the material composition is when you have it in hand. The seller said 70% cashmere / 30% silk, and then in another spot said 100% silk. So they obviously overlooked the details. I don't see TF woven into it, but it is a shawl-like scarf.
    I've always been curious about the screen worn one. Here's pics of the one in question.
    Even if it's not 100% the lodge scarf, good job on finding one for $169! That's a great price.

scarf.jpg

scarf2.jpg

scarf3.jpg
    MrE wrote:
    I saw the original ebay listing of this scarf but passed on it because I wasn't sure if it was the lodge scarf.
    IceQ let us know what the material composition is when you have it in hand. The seller said 70% cashmere / 30% silk, and then in another spot said 100% silk. So they obviously overlooked the details. I don't see TF woven into it, but it is a shawl-like scarf.
    I've always been curious about the screen worn one. Here's pics of the one in question.
    Even if it's not 100% the lodge scarf, good job on finding one for $169! That's a great price.

scarf.jpg

scarf2.jpg

scarf3.jpg

Thanks for sharing the images, I couldn’t be bothered uploading to a secondary site if I’m honest. As the seller didn’t ship to the UK a US friend had to buy it and ship, hence the delay and inevitable shipping and import tax costs. As I’ve said to anyone that has messaged me so far, happy to look at it more closely when it arrives, take advice on cutting dimensions and open to offers. To my eye it looks identical to the one earmarked as the closest to SA on the other threads - shawl size, colour looks the same, weave and edge finish looks the same etc. Will see what it looks like when it is in my hands.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    MrE wrote:
    I saw the original ebay listing of this scarf but passed on it because I wasn't sure if it was the lodge scarf.

That was a bargain for $169—great find IceQ!
    MrE wrote:
    scarf2.jpg

Never realised this was more like a shawl before the SA "cutting down". I'm guessing that cutting process involves halving it down the scarf (end to end) not in half across (side to side)?
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I’m away from home at the moment. But will do when I get back. Screen used one is 100% cashmere. And has a distinctive TF name woven in as part of the scarf. Very subtle. In fact calling it a scarf is a bit misleading. It was originally more like a shawl. That’s why they cut it down. You should get two small scarves from the base material and an extra small bit left over. So three parts in all.

Would be great to know cutting dimensions etc. So if you have that info and images I’d really appreciate it! Cheers.
    I’ll sort them out later today.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I’ll sort them out later today.
    Great, thanks!
    Sorry for the delay. It’s 33cm wide by 150cm long.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Sorry for the delay. It’s 33cm wide by 150cm long.
    perfect, thanks!
    Now sold, thanks
  • coop5150coop5150 Posts: 122MI6 Agent

Could you possibly post pictures of the screen worn scarf? Thank you for the dimensions!