AJB Interview with Paul Weston

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
Our next guest is stuntman extraordinaire Paul Weston. He's worked on many, many of the Bond films- here he is in a few of them:

c3cd5409a2d222d1738d506d9b3196dd-set-of-galleries.jpg

scan-12.jpg And here he gets a line!

scan0019-copy.jpg

scan0038.jpg

scan0075.jpg

And especially for Higgins: trek.jpg

YOLT, OHMSS, LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR, FYEO, OP, TLD, LTK, SF, but his Bond career began with CR- no, not the Daniel Craig film, this one:

51n51-EGAd-HL.jpg

I'm sure he has many interesting tales for us! Please post your questions below.
Tagged:

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Great choice! I always thought he seems very cool!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The Bonds are known for amazing stunt work, but are there
    Any other movie stunts you'd love to have done ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Is there a story behind you getting the speaking part in Daylights with the “hold on you’re dead!” Line?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    I have 2 questions:

How long has the Rio cablecar been closed for shooting all the action scenes.

Second one is about watches : Have the doubles for the main actor been supplied with watches as part of costume by the production company and if yes, where there special stuntwatches?
    And for all movies, could you keep any of these watches or had they been returned to EON after shooting?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Paul was a neighbour when i was growing up. He was very complimentary about Tim Daltons commitment and physicality. The question i have is how much preparation did he get to do with him as i understand that time was tight between casting and shooting.
    My 'real' name is Ruse BTW in case he remembers.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • AndrewBondAndrewBond Skyfall, UKPosts: 64MI6 Agent
    Interesting! Big thanks to Paul for agreeing - we all love a great Bond action sequence!!

Lots I could ask but if time permits:

1. You’ve had the fortune to work with all but one of the Bond actors - do you have any brief thoughts on each of them? What do you feel each brought to the role and to the atmosphere on set? Alternately any little anecdotes you’d like to share?

2. I imagine stunt work is a difficult balance between what is possible, what is safe and what time permits, but was there one particular stunt you performed that, either at the time or with hindsight, that you were not happy with the outcome? If so, in what way were you not happy with the way the stunt went?

3. I imagine there’s a lot of stress and adrenaline involved in performing stunts, so how do you and the other stunt workers unwind and relax between takes? Any little anecdotes about what goes on behind the scenes during the filming of action sequences!

*Barbel please feel free to just send one question if you have too many - thanks!*
    ‘Secret Agent?? On whose side?’
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    My question for Paul Weston is the following:

What was it like doing the record setting high fall during the big battle scene in The Spy Who Loved Me?
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,699MI6 Agent
    - What stunt in a Bond film performed by the actor himself do you think is the most impressive?

- Do you think some acting skill is important for a stuntman?

- Do you recall any stunts the actor really wanted to do himself, but he was stopped for safety reasons?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thank you, everyone, I'll send off your questions later tonight.

(It'll be another hour or two if anyone has a last minute question.)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,644MI6 Agent
    Can you tell us the story behind the Franz Sanchez fiery death scene stunt in Licence to Kill?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Just wanted to pinpoint to JBR‘s excellent and long interview with Paul Weston:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqV4esedM4

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Higgins, I’m surprised you haven’t asked if he did any stunt-weeping for the leading man... :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sorry I’m a bit late to the party asking any questions :( but I’m not sure I could have asked any better ones than those above.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    No worries, C&D, the next guest is patiently waiting and I'll announce them as soon as Mr Weston replies. (And I'm still waiting for a Thumping response in case anyone is wondering)
    Higgins, I’m surprised you haven’t asked if he did any stunt-weeping for the leading man... :D

Now here is an idea :D :D

Barbel, any way to shoot that in the pipeline, please?

Alas, I've sent the questions off now. :#