Iconicalternatives.com, is everything ok?

Hey guys (and gals),
I'm a big fan of Iconicalternatives.com but with all the JB action over the past couple of weeks, IC has been completely quiet on the website and on instagram. I think the last thing I saw on post was that he was having some tech problems, but a lot of time has passed and still nothing. I'm just hoping everything is ok personally, anybody got any info or news on this?
KH
'

Comments

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Hey guys (and gals),
    I'm a big fan of Iconicalternatives.com but with all the JB action over the past couple of weeks, IC has been completely quiet on the website and on instagram. I think the last thing I saw on post was that he was having some tech problems, but a lot of time has passed and still nothing. I'm just hoping everything is ok personally, anybody got any info or news on this?
    KH
    '

He posted here that he and his family are moving to New York, so that will take some time.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Good to know, thanks so much, glad to hear that everything is ok.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone!
    Thanks for the concern: I'm alive and well. Just going a little crazy!

As Westward_Drift said, my family and I are making a big move to New York. We thought we had everything planned so that the pace of the change would be manageable and I would have time to keep working on IA during the transition, but it turns out we need to make the move about 3 weeks earlier than we expected. So now we're sprinting to get everything done! Selling all our furniture in our current home, selling the cars, paperwork for visas and the dogs, packing and shipping clothing and other personal items, finding a new home up there, buying a new car, buying all new furniture, etc. etc.

My wife and I are travelling to New York tomorrow for 10 days to get ourselves set up there. I was hoping our trip would overlap with the NYC event David is organizing, but since we're landing at 11 PM, I don't think that's going to happen. Hopefully next time!

I have been following along here and on IG with all the Bond news! New trailer looks great (8/10 for me), I really like the RgT jacket (however, I already have a waxed cotton canvas Gustin trucker jacket that's very similar so I don't think I'll be picking it up). And I've been talking about the return of cargo pants on IA since June, so it's great to see Bond sporting a pair (even if his are more tactical than "fashion"). I've no doubt the new N.Peal sweater will be beautiful quality, but I'm not crazy about the drawstring at the collar (even if it is an accurate detail from the old woolly pullys :D ). Would have preferred if they just went with a regular crew neck. I'm looking forward to digging into it all as soon as I have a second to breath!

Thanks again and cheers gang!
    John
  • norbac1norbac1 Posts: 96MI6 Agent
    Good to hear from you... I found a nice alternative for the Npeal sweater , I am assuming your will post something about that particular item...

canoe2 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

As Westward_Drift said, my family and I are making a big move to New York. We thought we had everything planned so that the pace of the change would be manageable and I would have time to keep working on IA during the transition, but it turns out we need to make the move about 3 weeks earlier than we expected. So now we're sprinting to get everything done! Selling all our furniture in our current home, selling the cars, paperwork for visas and the dogs, packing and shipping clothing and other personal items, finding a new home up there, buying a new car, buying all new furniture, etc. etc.

My wife and I are travelling to New York tomorrow for 10 days to get ourselves set up there. I was hoping our trip would overlap with the NYC event David is organizing, but since we're landing at 11 PM, I don't think that's going to happen. Hopefully next time!

I have been following along here and on IG with all the Bond news! New trailer looks great (8/10 for me), I really like the RgT jacket (however, I already have a waxed cotton canvas Gustin trucker jacket that's very similar so I don't think I'll be picking it up). And I've been talking about the return of cargo pants on IA since June, so it's great to see Bond sporting a pair (even if his are more tactical than "fashion"). I've no doubt the new N.Peal sweater will be beautiful quality, but I'm not crazy about the drawstring at the collar (even if it is an accurate detail from the old woolly pullys :D ). Would have preferred if they just went with a regular crew neck. I'm looking forward to digging into it all as soon as I have a second to breath!

John
    It is great to hear from you, take care of your family and all of the painful details but know that you are missed!
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Good to know, thanks so much, glad to hear that everything is ok.

Any update on when the site will be up and running again? No kidding I still check it every single day. I so hope your family is settled and healthy and just a word of encouragement, during this CV lockdown it would sure be nice to have IC back online and functioning. Have a great day, looking forward to enjoying your work again soon. Who knows maybe IC is the best preventative measure for the spread of CV, no pressure though :))
    KH

One quick question, have you found any decent alternatives for the Maddie red dress?
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Hello John,

I hope you and your family are doing well in New York.

I am a big fan of IA and I am pretty sure almost 90 percent of my Bond clothes came from you.
    Could you maybe give an update when it starts again? I really miss the page!

Greetings and all the best for the future!
    canoe2 wrote:
    Hi everyone!

John
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    Yeah man, I hope everything is going alright with you and your family.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC