Comments

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    :o
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    I quite like the 007 logos! A bit of fun.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    I quite like the 007 logos! A bit of fun.

Notice that it's not the complete logo. Something seems amiss with these shoes.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    It does happen occasionally. Usually it’s a choice, maybe there’s something about trainers and street culture and not putting gun imagery on them, but that’s probably reading too much into it! :)
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    As a fellow sneakerhead & someone who is a big ‘less is more’ kinda guy, these just seem kinda boring with a 007 on the back. Adidas has done many mashups w/ movies, shows, etc., and is usually pretty great with incorporating cool little details having to do with that specific movie/show (check out the Game of Thrones Ultraboost line they did). There are ways to do it without it looking like a 90’s 8ball jacket, unfortunately I just don’t see much here.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Don’t buy this to be honest. I have no issue with the potential but these seem rather safe in relation to a collaboration design and also don’t see them being screen worn. Maybe just a brand collab, having said that, I don’t buy these are the “finished article” if even this was true, which I’m dubious about anyway.

Conversation piece at least -{
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Not a sneakerhead so don't really know how these things work. Do special editions like this get released on the designer's (in this case Adidas) site?? Do they give a set date and time when they "drop" or is it a surprise?
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Not a sneakerhead so don't really know how these things work. Do special editions like this get released on the designer's (in this case Adidas) site?? Do they give a set date and time when they "drop" or is it a surprise?
    I’m not either really but because of the adidas gear I’ve bought for my son over the years I get their emails so I got the email when the game of thrones specials were released
    Anthony
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    I’m not either really but because of the adidas gear I’ve bought for my son over the years I get their emails so I got the email when the game of thrones specials were released

I got you, there are some write ups about adidas creating those and how they incorporated different colors/patterns/materials, etc., to symbolize certain aspects of the show and in a subtle way which I thought was pretty cool and well thought out. With NTTD being such a monster movie coming out I would have hoped to see a little more go into a collab like this, but Im wondering if this is just an early stage version, thats my not likely but hopeful guess.