Topic: Massimo Alba Sloop suit, SA, size IT48

I'm gauging interest at this point as I received the Sloop suit from MA in size IT48 and am not 100% sure I'll keep it. As it is classed as a special order by them I can't return it.

It's a lovely suit but I'm not sure if the colour works on me. I'd only be looking to get back what I paid for it, I'm not out to make anything on this. As a guide, cost me £800 from MA.

Please pm me if interested.

Thanks

Last edited by DB6 (9th Jan 2020 10:56)

My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6

Re: Massimo Alba Sloop suit, SA, size IT48

How is the fit? 

DB6 wrote:

I'm gauging interest at this point as I received the Sloop suit from MA in size IT48 and am not 100% sure I'll keep it. As it is classed as a special order by them I can't return it.

It's a lovely suit but I'm not sure if the colour works on me. I'd only be looking to get back what I paid for it, I'm not out to make anything on this.

Please pm me if interested.

Thanks

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

What price?

The fit is excellent; it's a lovely suit and I'm really torn!

Given our history of clothing purchases (remember the strange hotel we met at when I was working in the US??) I would say the IT48 would fit you perfectly.

Last edited by DB6 (10th Jan 2020 16:59)

Thanks!   Yes, was a quick but very enjoyable hello!  I ask because I am vasilating between the 48 and the 50.  I think my shoulders may have been a little bigger  than yours?  Or am I crazy? 

Sorry.... I don't mean to derail your post.   

DB6 wrote:

The fit is excellent; it's a lovely suit and I'm really torn!

Given our history of clothing purchases (remember the strange hotel we met at when I was working in the US??) I would say the IT48 would fit you perfectly.

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience

I think you’d find the 50 too big  ajb007/smile I’ll send some pics for you.

Last edited by DB6 (7th Jan 2020 22:27)

One thing I don't understand about MA is that people here have said that it (as a brand) fits true to size. But from what I've seen their IT48 trousers (which I would think of as a US 32) are actually 34.5" at the waist, and IT46 (which I'd think of as US 30) are actually around 32" waist. Can anyone confirm this?

I have both the Sloop suit and Winch trousers in IT48; I’ll post some measurements of both later today.

From the recent MA “steps” SA order, my pair in 48 measures 16 1/4 inches lying flat

thelordflasheart wrote:

One thing I don't understand about MA is that people here have said that it (as a brand) fits true to size. But from what I've seen their IT48 trousers (which I would think of as a US 32) are actually 34.5" at the waist, and IT46 (which I'd think of as US 30) are actually around 32" waist. Can anyone confirm this?

Trousers on both the suit and 'steps' are the same on mine - about 16 3/4" across the front waistband.

Last edited by DB6 (9th Jan 2020 11:19)

I’ll add pictures over in the NTTD Wardrobe thread for those who have asked.

Thanks

Last edited by DB6 (9th Jan 2020 10:55)

No longer available. Please close this thread, thank you.

Last edited by DB6 (9th Jan 2020 11:16)