New Swatch 007 Collection

The new Swatch 007 collection will be released at the end of the month. A few look interesting and a debate started on Twitter- basically, it was stated anyone over 30 shouldn’t wear a Swatch. I’m over 50 and stated there is nothing wrong with it for a casual summer day- it’s a fun watch.

Of note, the watch Q wears in the film will be released- no pictures released yet.

Thoughts?
This is where we leave you Mr. Bond. (Pilot, Apollo Airlines)

Comments

• Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Don't listen people who dictates you what to wear !!! If you're over 50 and want to wear a Swatch, do it......

I would like to know the price of the whole collection and of course, the price of Q's model !!!
  • maarchmaarch CanadaPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    The new Swatch 007 collection will be released at the end of the month. A few look interesting and a debate started on Twitter- basically, it was stated anyone over 30 shouldn’t wear a Swatch. I’m over 50 and stated there is nothing wrong with it for a casual summer day- it’s a fun watch.

Of note, the watch Q wears in the film will be released- no pictures released yet.

Thoughts?

I think those people aren't true watch enthusiast but are watch snob. If you truly love watches, you should wear anything that you enjoy and fit you. I got a Casio on Amazon worth 10$ and a few others watches going all the way to 2000$. I wear and love them all the same depending of what I'm wearing. So if you like Swatch, go for it no matter how old you are.

I must admit I'm excited about the mysterious Q watch. I'm ready to bite the bullet on that one if it's nice! I just hope they would give us a bit more information in regard to the price and show us the last model. I would love to be able to go on a list of some sort to get the heads up when it's available.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    You get what I assume is the barest glimpse in that 30 second Village Cinemas spot:

EP293r-HXs-AE7sjd.jpg
    You get what I assume is the barest glimpse in that 30 second Village Cinemas spot:

EP293r-HXs-AE7sjd.jpg

At least I'm happy to see it's black and doesn't seem to have anything on the bracelet. I like my watch to have interesting features but not really into the whole graphic thing on the bracelet that Swatch something opt for.
    Anyone got a specific date for the Q watch release. Can't seem to find anything online and every article I read seem to state a different date.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    Does anyone based in the USA, know of an online retailer that has these in stock?

Both Swatch's official website and the store at www.jamesbond.com have a majority of the watches listed as sold out and today was the day they went on sale. I am looking for the CR swatch.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Yeah.. those things sold out right away. I just found out about them, but would love to grab a World Is Not Enough version..
    I want the Q one coming out in March. Hopefully they tell us. Ore before hand so we can be sure to get it.
  • johnraidersjohnraiders Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    4 of them are available on Swatch UK site, OHMSS and TWINE are out of stock
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,227MI6 Agent
    As luck would have it, the store at www.jamesbond.com got the CR swatch back in stock recently. I ordered one this morning. Looking forward to it arriving.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Which do you think are the most collectible? The Q one seems a safe bet, I’m thinking maybe CR and OHMSS?
    Ok I want it. Any details if we'll have more luck in store or online ?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    It's tempting, but I am not a fan of the Q at 6 o'clock. It's like wanting a SA Planet Ocean to find they put 007 branding on the dial.
    It's tempting, but I am not a fan of the Q at 6 o'clock. It's like wanting a SA Planet Ocean to find they put 007 branding on the dial.
    Yeah I would have done without it but I still enjoy the overalls look.
    There's doesn't seem to be anything official yet on where to buy it.
    If you guys want the watch, better call a store near you. Mine already had 13 people on a list to buy the watch and the quantity seem limited. Gonna head there early in the morning to get mine.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    I thought the No Time to Die designer was going to do more with Q's watch. This just seems like one of Swatch's clear jelly watches with some extra color in places. The box looks techie though but I'm not paying just for that.
    "Better late than never."
  • BenSV650BenSV650 Posts: 233MI6 Agent
    Just spoke to the Edinburgh and Glasgow stores. They confirmed the Q watch is released this Thursday and will cost £174. Neither shops are taking pre-orders and the watches will be sold on a first come first served basis. the Edinburgh shop is getting 8 watches and the Glasgow shop is getting only 5.

Fortunately I will be in Glasgow on Thursday and will stop by first thing in the hopes of grabbing one.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    There is a total amount of 7007 pieces and the Swatch Store in my town has a reservation-list.
    maybe they deny the reservation because you have been at stockist-stores?
  • tsholdtshold TorontoPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    I don't love any of them as an adult. But if I was a kid, I'd be 100% buying one! (More aptly getting Mom/Dad to buy me one)
    Shop the latest thing from the SIS Training Collection!
    https://sistraininggear.com
    BenSV650 wrote:
    Just spoke to the Edinburgh and Glasgow stores. They confirmed the Q watch is released this Thursday and will cost £174. Neither shops are taking pre-orders and the watches will be sold on a first come first served basis. the Edinburgh shop is getting 8 watches and the Glasgow shop is getting only 5.

Fortunately I will be in Glasgow on Thursday and will stop by first thing in the hopes of grabbing one.

Out of the 3 swatch store in my area only one had a list. So it seem it all depends of the quantity they'll get. The first two were only getting 4, the one with the list seemed fine with holding one for me at position 13.
  • andermtandermt Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    The Q watch has gone live on the UK Swatch site already, ordered mine!
    andermt wrote:
    The Q watch has gone live on the UK Swatch site already, ordered mine!

Have you got a link? I can’t find it.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    emtiem wrote:

it sold out there, the US market has still some in stock:

https://shop.swatch.com/en_us/watches/skin/irony-42/q-ss07z100.html
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    And the countdown begins until they start popping up on eBay for double the price thanks to those b@stard flippers...
    Yikes: apparently they’re making 7,007 of them so they went awfully quickly! Although the other Bond watches seem to keep selling out and then coming back in so they may not put the whole batch up for sale at the same time.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,770MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    And the countdown begins until they start popping up on eBay for double the price thanks to those b@stard flippers...

There are currently 9 listed for sale on eBay. One has a starting bid of $250 or best offer and the highest one is $895.85 or best offer plus you gotta pay for s/h!
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

There are currently 9 listed for sale on eBay. One has a starting bid of $250 or best offer and the highest one is $895.85 or best offer plus you gotta lay for s/h!

Yikes yeah, there’s already heaps listed for up to four times their retail :s Those people definitely make it hard for others who actually want one to keep.