"No Time To Die" - Original Movie Soundtrack (27th March)

Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
The official soundtrack (film score) to NTTD by Hans Zimmer will be released on 27 March.
Joining Zimmer on scoring the soundtrack are Johnny Marrgram and Steve Mazzaro.

Looking forward to this one.
The name's Bond_James_Bond

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I see it listed on Amazon as both CD and vinyl.
  • Agent KinoAgent Kino New YorkPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    This is exciting news!
    1. Goldfinger 2. Skyfall 3. Goldeneye 4. The Spy Who Loved Me 5. OHMSS
    Check out my Instagram: @livingthebondlife
    "I never joke about my work, 007."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I have a cd rack with 25 slots in it that houses my James Bond soundtrack CD collection, and the NTTD album will fill that 25th slot. When the soundtrack for Bond 26 comes out I will be faced with a little bit of a storage dillema. :# :p

I suppose in this day and age it is probably too much to hope for that the title song will be included on the album. It has been a major disappointment to me that the only Craig era film to have the title track on the album is QoS, which ironically is the one title song that I could have lived without on the album! My question is, if singers being on different record labels to the soundtrack album label is such a problem, why was this not an issue for the first 40 years of the Bond series, where all of the first 20 soundtrack albums include the song?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,057Chief of Staff
    It wasn't. Often you'll find the words

"(Famous Singer) appears through the courtesy of (Record Label)"

on a soundtrack album- not necessarily James Bond. A simple deal was struck splitting the profits (sometimes by region, sometimes by medium (single vs album), sometimes a straight percentage) and off they went. Of course, there's clearly not enough profit for lawyers, agents, and middlemen in general in such a straightforward arrangement so the current scheme evolved.