Re: Tommy Bahama shirt re-release

Gymkata wrote:

Be aware: my first rep couldn't sell the shirt because he only had access to what was on the website itself for transactions, BUT he was able to 'find' the shirt using the sku and style number (thankfully available on the tag that VegasBond provided).  He eventually had to pass me off to someone else to complete the sale.

Give them the style number and the sku and they should be able to find it.

Style: T316085
Sku: 023793100894 (for a size medium), 023793100917 (for a size extra large)

The size small SKU: 023793100887

Most probably your data are somewhat weeping.

Answer from TB received today when I asked, "I'm looking to purchase a certain 100% silk CATALINA shirt in size small. The style number is most probably: T316085 The SKU is most probably: 023793100887.":

"Thanks for reaching out Catalina Twill Camp Shirt! (...) While I was not able to find an item with the number provided, but I do have an update. We will be stocking the 100% long sleeve Catalina Twill item number T316035 on September, 16th 2020 to coincide with its appearance in the new James Bond Movie. We do not have plans at this time to restock the short sleeve version and have replaced it with the Catalina Twill Stretch Camp Shirt item number T321430."

Try again.  It may depend upon what sales rep you get.

My first guy knew nothing about it as he was only able to sell stuff that was currently active on the site, but he was able to find the shirt pretty easily in the system once I gave him the style number and the sku.  He then had to send me to another rep who could complete the sale.  For what it's worth, the rep who did my actual sale's name is Marija (and that's the spelling...I got a follow up email from her).  She was great, nice as could be.  She's the one who said that there were larges available for sale.  If you get a rep who can't complete the transaction, ask for her or ask to escalate.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

My customer service rep looked it up by model number. Then after locating the shirt she needed and got supervisor approval to sell the shirt. I never mentioned the Bond movie and instead said a friend had successfully called in and gotten the shirt.

Sometimes you just have to get the right person and phrase the request a certain way.

Should anyone live close to a retail store, as I do, you may want to call and check with them. I am in the US so this could vary depending on one's location. The lady I spoke to found the   Brexit under style number T0316035 not the T0316085 and said they can expedite the shipping on it. Now, I asked her if that was the stretch version or not, she read the Item name and it did not include the word "stretch" or anything. Anyhow, this may help with some of you that cannot get it though calling customer service.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

Has anyone from the UK tried this?

My shirts arrived late this afternoon. I am a size 42US/52IT and found going down one size to a medium works very well.

My additional shirts will be posted to the UK shortly.

I've called three times and been denied three times. I don't have that silver tongue. So. If anyone can get through and wants to order me a small I'll pay you what's owed on the purchase and shipping +$25 USD for helping me.

Westward_Drift wrote:

My shirts arrived late this afternoon. I am a size 42US/52IT and found going down one size to a medium works very well.

US and UK relations working at its best again, cheers buddy
#tommybahamahero

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Westward_Drift wrote:

Which number did you phone to get the shirt sent to the UK?

JB1106340 wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

I didn't. I am in the US. I am acting as proxy for a couple UK members.

Westward_Drift wrote:
JB1106340 wrote:
Westward_Drift wrote:

I didn't. I am in the US. I am acting as proxy for a couple UK members.

Oh I see, apologies I misunderstood. A true gentleman

Any chance you live close to a flagship store, not an outlet? If so, or even if you don't, you can call them and give them the info I posted and they should do it for you. That is what the lady I spoke to at the North Scottsdale Kierland Commons store here in AZ.

frommeyer wrote:

I've called three times and been denied three times. I don't have that silver tongue. So. If anyone can get through and wants to order me a small I'll pay you what's owed on the purchase and shipping +$25 USD for helping me.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB  "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

I received my shirt today, size medium.  Honestly, I could have gotten a small in this, but I'll stick with it rather than exchange it.  I'll just wear it as a loose shirt.

Current rankings:

whats your normal shirt size buddy , I've heard these run big

Gymkata wrote:

I received my shirt today, size medium.  Honestly, I could have gotten a small in this, but I'll stick with it rather than exchange it.  I'll just wear it as a loose shirt.

007 reporting for duty

I'm a 41 chest.  In most brands, I'm in between a medium and a large, and most TB t-shirts I opt for a medium.  This particular shirt, in a medium, fits me more like a large.  I'm not quite swimming in it but it definitely looks a tad big on me.  A small would probably fit me perfectly at this time.  The good news is that I'm in a kickboxing/weight training program right now, so hopefully this thing will fit me perfectly in a month or so.

Current rankings:

Based on my experience, I'd definitely size down.

I got the short sleeved version last year and I had to go from my usual XL down to a L and if I wanted a more snug fit, could have even gone down to a M. They fit very big.  ajb007/martini

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Thought I would chime in. I ordered a size S and a size M...the S looked fine in the mirror but when I crossed my arms it felt really tight in the back, it's the front portion of the shirt that has all the room that makes it feel "big". I bounce around from a size 40 to a size 42 chest. In the end, I sent the S back because I didn't like the tight feeling. My waist is anywhere between a 30-33. If I want the shirt perfect, I would have the medium tailored slightly. Don't expect this item to fit perfectly off the rack. The problem seems to be the huge gap and difference between sizes, the jump from S to M and M to L and L to XL are not very subtle.

MrE wrote:

Thought I would chime in. I ordered a size S and a size M...the S looked fine in the mirror but when I crossed my arms it felt really tight in the back, it's the front portion of the shirt that has all the room that makes it feel "big". I bounce around from a size 40 to a size 42 chest. In the end, I sent the S back because I didn't like the tight feeling. My waist is anywhere between a 30-33. If I want the shirt perfect, I would have the medium tailored slightly. Don't expect this item to fit perfectly off the rack. The problem seems to be the huge gap and difference between sizes, the jump from S to M and M to L and L to XL are not very subtle.

Sounds like we're a similar size.  Based upon what you wrote, I'm glad I got the M and I'll stick with it.  Thanks!

Current rankings:

I called today looking for a Small and tried both style numbers, the gentlemen informed me that both the smalls and mediums were sold out.  ajb007/frown

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

hcantrell wrote:

I called today looking for a Small and tried both style numbers, the gentlemen informed me that both the smalls and mediums were sold out.  ajb007/frown

Definitely model T316035. I mistyped it last time.

I ordered another medium yesterday (Sunday). I called my closest Tommy Bahama store and the clerk ordered one without an issue. It's shipped and due to reach me in a few days. Maybe I am just lucking out.

If anyone has had recent success purchasing a size small do you mind informing me which store you coordinated with? I'd love to give them a call haha.

"Unfortunately I misjudged you. You're just a stupid policeman, who's luck has run out." -Dr. Julius No

Why don’t they have a store in U.K.? Lol

Can’t complain though we have some big brands here.

hcantrell wrote:

Try again.  From what I gather, different phone agents have different access levels to merchandise.  If you get an agent who can't find the shirt, escalate to a supervisor just to ensure that the person who you are speaking to has full access to the inventory.

The reason why I say this is that TB produces a TON of shirts.  This stuff will eventually get shipped out to the stores, so they probably have a warehouse filled with them ready to ship when the film comes out.  Being 'sold out' doesn't make sense, especially now when they aren't readily available to the masses.

Current rankings: