Topic: Orlebar Brown 007 2020 Collection

Does anybody have any idea what pieces will be included in the new collection for Orlebar Brown?

Re: Orlebar Brown 007 2020 Collection

The just lunch a new countdown.  27 days

That's later in the season than I would have expected. But I guess they're doing limited runs on the items and aren't worried about being stuck with excess inventory.

norbac1 wrote:

Does anybody have any idea what pieces will be included in the new collection for Orlebar Brown?

There is already a thread with pics.

Instagram - bondclothes007

Presumably he means this one: https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/52223/new-or … ollection/

Some pictures... I am not particularly interested in anything 

Pictures:  https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/52223/new-or … on/page/2/

Looks like mostly dud of a release compared to their last one.  I'd like to see them re-release some of the previous items.. Couldn't afford their high $$$ at the time.

For anyone interested, early access has been granted from this morning. Not a great collection in all honesty. I only went for the striped Thunderball shirt.

If we compare the previous collection with this one I think there is a huge difference in terms on how iconic these items were vs the ones they are launching now. I am sure some will see this differently and will pull the trigger on some of that stuff. But in my case that is going to be a pass on everything this time.

Victor B wrote:

If we compare the previous collection with this one I think there is a huge difference in terms on how iconic these items were vs the ones they are launching now.

Yeah I think the items based on an incorrectly colourised German lobby card and a pair of shorts Roger Moore once wore on his day off aren't likely to tickle too many Bond fans' fancies! ajb007/biggrin

Ah well, I guess they're perhaps not mainly aimed at Bond fans but their own customers who like the Bond look a bit. I couldn't honestly say that there are many individual items of wardrobe I'd want from any Bonds earlier than Craig as he wears fashion.

I guess was never going to be as impressive as covered the main things in first round. 

Anybody have a link?  Mine is still on countdown

Hi mate. Here's my link:

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/vip-007/?s … bond20_vip

Slim pickings really, especially for the money they want. Especially when you can buy a screen-accurate (hopefully) N Peal Cashmere t shirt for your better half for £195, but the "inspired by" Roger Moore silk t shirt is £50 more.

welshboy78 wrote:

I guess was never going to be as impressive as covered the main things in first round. 

Can you swim?

Thanks buddy.   Yeah I might just pickup a TB shirt at some point if my mail gets back to normal but apart from that its pretty bland

Yeah, the prices really are insane. It’s partly because they’ve chosen to go with silk for some of the pieces. I have one of their silk blend knit tees and it’s wonderful, but I still can’t believe I paid what I did for it.

Nothing there for me. I've got over 60 pieces of OB clobber but none of the Bond gear appeals to me from any of the runs.

Yes. Considerably!

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lukey_sparrow/

The only item that caught my eye is the harrington jacket but , $ 550?? Too much

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

Hi mate. Here's my link:

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/vip-007/?s … bond20_vip

Slim pickings really, especially for the money they want. Especially when you can buy a screen-accurate (hopefully) N Peal Cashmere t shirt for your better half for £195, but the "inspired by" Roger Moore silk t shirt is £50 more.

welshboy78 wrote:

I really like the Moonraker zip polo but not sure I really like it enough to pay that price for it.

norbac1 wrote:

The only item that caught my eye is the harrington jacket but , $ 550?? Too much

Yeah there are plenty of harringtons around to choose from, there are even plenty of screen accurate Bond ones if you want a 007 look.

Not going to add anymore, you guys summoned it all up.
However I Was looking forward to the FYEO tshirt, liked the look and colour but yeah that price is mad.
Maybe Ob thought after the last collection went so well, they would go more luxury in cost  ajb007/insane
Might plunge for the moonraker but not now, i'll see in the winter.

007 reporting for duty

I agree, Chris. Probably going for the Moonraker, possibly the blue Thunderball. I like the FYEO t shirt, but will save my pennies in case N Peal spring another collection for us blokes later this year. The quality is higher, but the prices are similar.

chriscollins007 wrote:

Not going to add anymore, you guys summoned it all up.
However I Was looking forward to the FYEO tshirt, liked the look and colour but yeah that price is mad.
Maybe Ob thought after the last collection went so well, they would go more luxury in cost  ajb007/insane
Might plunge for the moonraker but not now, i'll see in the winter.

Can you swim?

Nothing I need to pull the trigger on right away.  I suspect that most of these will have full size runs available when they eventually go on sale.

Holy cow...the price that they're asking on the FYEO v-neck is bonkers.  The day I spend $375 on a t-shirt is the day that my wife has me committed to an asylum.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

I am a fan of OB but i have to say that the latest 007Heritage offering is underwhelming.

I too would have preferred a restock of the previous one instead of this. I never managed to get that A View To A Kill tracksuit.

Agent Eternal wrote:

I am a fan of OB but i have to say that the latest 007Heritage offering is underwhelming.

I too would have preferred a restock of the previous one instead of this. I never managed to get that A View To A Kill tracksuit.

I hope you can find that AVTAK jacket.  It's easily my favorite piece from that collection.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

I was totally out of the loop when OB released that last collection - does anyone have a link to what was offered? Searching the OB site just keep redirecting me to a countdown page for the next round.

Meesta Bawnd wrote:

I agree, Chris. Probably going for the Moonraker, possibly the blue Thunderball. I like the FYEO t shirt, but will save my pennies in case N Peal spring another collection for us blokes later this year. The quality is higher, but the prices are similar.

The quality is higher? For OB's prices I wouldn't want it to be even possible that there could be a higher quality! ajb007/smile