Orlebar Brown 007 2020 Collection

Does anybody have any idea what pieces will be included in the new collection for Orlebar Brown?

Comments

• norbac1norbac1 Posts: 96MI6 Agent
    The just lunch a new countdown. 27 days
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,446MI6 Agent
    That's later in the season than I would have expected. But I guess they're doing limited runs on the items and aren't worried about being stuck with excess inventory.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    norbac1 wrote:
    Does anybody have any idea what pieces will be included in the new collection for Orlebar Brown?

There is already a thread with pics.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Some pictures... I am not particularly interested in anything

Pictures: https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/52223/new-orlebar-brown-bond-collection/page/2/
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Looks like mostly dud of a release compared to their last one. I'd like to see them re-release some of the previous items.. Couldn't afford their high $$$ at the time.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    For anyone interested, early access has been granted from this morning. Not a great collection in all honesty. I only went for the striped Thunderball shirt.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 476MI6 Agent
    If we compare the previous collection with this one I think there is a huge difference in terms on how iconic these items were vs the ones they are launching now. I am sure some will see this differently and will pull the trigger on some of that stuff. But in my case that is going to be a pass on everything this time.
    Victor B wrote:
    If we compare the previous collection with this one I think there is a huge difference in terms on how iconic these items were vs the ones they are launching now.

Yeah I think the items based on an incorrectly colourised German lobby card and a pair of shorts Roger Moore once wore on his day off aren't likely to tickle too many Bond fans' fancies! :D

Ah well, I guess they're perhaps not mainly aimed at Bond fans but their own customers who like the Bond look a bit. I couldn't honestly say that there are many individual items of wardrobe I'd want from any Bonds earlier than Craig as he wears fashion.
    I guess was never going to be as impressive as covered the main things in first round.

Anybody have a link? Mine is still on countdown
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Hi mate. Here's my link:

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/vip-007/?sc_src=email_1453635&sc_lid=85146244&sc_uid=Ws1vBYCbpL&sc_llid=4072&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emarsys&utm_campaign=20200608_UKM_hs20_bondviplaunches&utm_content=$linkname$&sc_eh=ec978df9797286291&src=bond20_vip

Slim pickings really, especially for the money they want. Especially when you can buy a screen-accurate (hopefully) N Peal Cashmere t shirt for your better half for £195, but the "inspired by" Roger Moore silk t shirt is £50 more.

welshboy78 wrote:
    I guess was never going to be as impressive as covered the main things in first round.

Thanks buddy. Yeah I might just pickup a TB shirt at some point if my mail gets back to normal but apart from that its pretty bland
    Yeah, the prices really are insane. It’s partly because they’ve chosen to go with silk for some of the pieces. I have one of their silk blend knit tees and it’s wonderful, but I still can’t believe I paid what I did for it.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 593MI6 Agent
    Nothing there for me. I've got over 60 pieces of OB clobber but none of the Bond gear appeals to me from any of the runs.
    Yes. Considerably!
    The only item that caught my eye is the harrington jacket but , $ 550?? Too much
    Hi mate. Here's my link:

https://www.orlebarbrown.com/vip-007/?sc_src=email_1453635&sc_lid=85146244&sc_uid=Ws1vBYCbpL&sc_llid=4072&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emarsys&utm_campaign=20200608_UKM_hs20_bondviplaunches&utm_content=$linkname$&sc_eh=ec978df9797286291&src=bond20_vip

Slim pickings really, especially for the money they want. Especially when you can buy a screen-accurate (hopefully) N Peal Cashmere t shirt for your better half for £195, but the "inspired by" Roger Moore silk t shirt is £50 more.

welshboy78 wrote:

• bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I really like the Moonraker zip polo but not sure I really like it enough to pay that price for it.
    norbac1 wrote:
    The only item that caught my eye is the harrington jacket but , $ 550?? Too much

Yeah there are plenty of harringtons around to choose from, there are even plenty of screen accurate Bond ones if you want a 007 look.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,154MI6 Agent
    Not going to add anymore, you guys summoned it all up.
    However I Was looking forward to the FYEO tshirt, liked the look and colour but yeah that price is mad.
    Maybe Ob thought after the last collection went so well, they would go more luxury in cost :s
    Might plunge for the moonraker but not now, i'll see in the winter.
    007 reporting for duty
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    I agree, Chris. Probably going for the Moonraker, possibly the blue Thunderball. I like the FYEO t shirt, but will save my pennies in case N Peal spring another collection for us blokes later this year. The quality is higher, but the prices are similar.

Not going to add anymore, you guys summoned it all up.
    However I Was looking forward to the FYEO tshirt, liked the look and colour but yeah that price is mad.
    Maybe Ob thought after the last collection went so well, they would go more luxury in cost :s
    Might plunge for the moonraker but not now, i'll see in the winter.
  • Agent EternalAgent Eternal Athens, GreecePosts: 157MI6 Agent
    I am a fan of OB but i have to say that the latest 007Heritage offering is underwhelming.

I too would have preferred a restock of the previous one instead of this. I never managed to get that A View To A Kill tracksuit.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I was totally out of the loop when OB released that last collection - does anyone have a link to what was offered? Searching the OB site just keep redirecting me to a countdown page for the next round.
    I agree, Chris. Probably going for the Moonraker, possibly the blue Thunderball. I like the FYEO t shirt, but will save my pennies in case N Peal spring another collection for us blokes later this year. The quality is higher, but the prices are similar.

The quality is higher? For OB's prices I wouldn't want it to be even possible that there could be a higher quality! :)
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    OB taking the piss IMO! Just look at the linen jacket with what appears to be plastic buttons! No horn or MOP buttons on a jacket to me means low quality, sorry!
    I think you're better off buying one of their non-Bond items (really like the Laughton and the Mallory), or a pair of swim trunks obviously, using Ross's generous 15% off coupon.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    OB taking the piss IMO! Just look at the linen jacket with what appears to be plastic buttons! No horn or MOP buttons on a jacket to me means low quality, sorry!

Think you’re right. Also: why not do the suit? Shows very clearly what the piece is based on.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Think you’re right. Also: why not do the suit? Shows very clearly what the piece is based on.

Sean Connery's Bond suits also had plastic buttons. The buttons on the OB suit are very nice buttons and have a quality feel IMHO. The only thing I don't like is that they branded the buttons. And they did the suit, they're just selling the jacket and trousers separately for better sizing.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Well you can buy the trousers on there separately can't you? But not, as you say, a suit: presumably because they can charge you more if you buy all the bits separately!
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    It’s not a bad collection, but it’s not great either. I’ll probably pass as I prefer OB’s terry cloth stuff, and they didn’t include any of it here.

As for the prices, frankly I found N Peal’s prices more irritating. Cashmere is so delicate that it’s almost impossible for me to justify. I’ve owned the Skyfall sweater for several years. Have worn it less than 10 times and it’s already starting to pill significantly. I’d rather pay the same price for one of OB’s pieces and wear the hell out of it. My Skyfall sweater just collects dust in the cedar chest.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:

Sean Connery's Bond suits also had plastic buttons. The buttons on the OB suit are very nice buttons and have a quality feel IMHO. The only thing I don't like is that they branded the buttons. And they did the suit, they're just selling the jacket and trousers separately for better sizing.

Matt, yes I know but those buttons were common for the period. The branding on the buttons cheapens the whole thing for me, and I think they should be using the best in this day and age rather than the cheapest option if, indeed, they are plastic buttons!
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Initially I was interested in the suit but a lot of the details seem to be off. I understand they don't want to sell something cut like it's from the 70s. But all we're really left with is the color. And I can buy something better from Zegna or Caruso. But I did buy a pair of the Thunderball trunks. More motivation to not skip leg day.