Another Goldeneye Tie by Magnoli Clothiers

Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
We're thinking of doing another run of ties from Goldeneye and wondering if there would be interest in either (or both) of these:

u8b68MD.jpg

Above graphics taken from Matt's amazing "Ties That Bond" post here: https://www.bondsuits.com/ties-bond-graphic-james-bonds-ties/ If you haven't seen this, check it out!

Let us know what you guys think...

Thanks,
Indy

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I've always loved the orange and blue one - definitely interested.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    Turnbull & Asser have a project they're working on to reproduce many of the older Bond ties, including some of the Goldeneye ones. It probably won't be out for another year or two, so if you do develop these you could get a head start on them. Also, it's entirely possible they decide not to do these two ties. (Blair might actually know more on that)

If I could nominate one, I'd suggest the TWINE pipeline tie...
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    I would be interested in both ties. Some very interesting blends in this film which created some of Brosnan’s most striking looks.
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    If we're 100% sure T&A are replicating either of these, we'd be happy to pass on them... but we need to know, so if anyone has a heads-up, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll keep this interest thread going and if there is enough interest in one or the other, we'll get cracking!
    T&A are only replicating the ties they originally supplied - and neither of these are included. T&A's Brosnan ties began with TND.

https://turnbullandasser.co.uk/bond
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,595MI6 Agent
    T&A are only replicating the ties they originally supplied - and neither of these are included. T&A's Brosnan ties began with TND.

https://turnbullandasser.co.uk/bond

They made ties for Sulka, who supplied some of the ties for GoldenEye, so these aren't off-limits for them.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    What’s your typical price point for a tie, Indy?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Absolutely amazing to read this post this morning as the Brosnan era truly did contain some of the most beautiful tie designs from the whole 007 series.

At the moment I do know that T&A have plans to re-release some classic Brosnan tie designs in 2020, but that none of these derive from Goldeneye. Research so far has proved inconclusive as to whether T&A were the originators of the above ties, or indeed produced them for Sulka, and as such it is unlikely that either of these 2 ties will be produced by T&A in the near future. Further archive research into this subject is planned for late 2020 into 2021.

So, Indy, I think we'd all love to see you produce these fantastic Goldeneye pieces. Put me down for one of each...
    If we're 100% sure T&A are replicating either of these, we'd be happy to pass on them... but we need to know, so if anyone has a heads-up, please let us know. Otherwise, we'll keep this interest thread going and if there is enough interest in one or the other, we'll get cracking!
    Blair - not to derail the thread, but do you know if we'll see anything from T&A this year re: Bond tie project?

At the moment I do know that T&A have plans to re-release some classic Brosnan tie designs in 2020, but that none of these derive from Goldeneye. Research so far has proved inconclusive as to whether T&A were the originators of the above ties, or indeed produced them for Sulka, and as such it is unlikely that either of these 2 ties will be produced by T&A in the near future. Further archive research into this subject is planned for late 2020 into 2021.

So, Indy, I think we'd all love to see you produce these fantastic Goldeneye pieces. Put me down for one of each...
    Ok, I'll start doing some legwork on these and see what we can do. Pricing will likely be $60 per tie.
    At $60, I'll definitely be up for the pattern you posted on the left.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Great thread - I'd also be interested in both of these! Also, will you restock the Brosnan Hamburg tie?
    Here is the digital mock-up for our "Janus Tie":

S18exKXl.jpg
  • JET007JET007 Austin, TXPosts: 184MI6 Agent
    I bought a tie specifically as it reminded me of the tie on the left back in the '90s, so I'd definitely be interested in that, but the one on the right is brilliant, too!
    @JaviTru on Twitter and @TheBondIsNotEnough on Instagram. Occasional contributor to thejamesbonddossier.com
    Looks good, Indy -{
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,325MI6 Agent
    Watch this space....

urhash wrote:
    Blair - not to derail the thread, but do you know if we'll see anything from T&A this year re: Bond tie project?

Peakey wrote:
    Also, will you restock the Brosnan Hamburg tie?

We're going to start a new run of Hamburg Ties at the same time as this new tie.
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    Also, will you restock the Brosnan Hamburg tie?

We're going to start a new run of Hamburg Ties at the same time as this new tie.

Thanks - looking forward to purchasing
    Mockup looks nice Indy
    Here's our first test weave:

xJevwBdl.jpg

The tan part came out a bit more washed-out than we were hoping, so we're going to do another test with a darker, more golden-taupe color.

Kind regards,
    Indy
    Would be great to get Matt Spaiser's input on these...
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 671MI6 Agent
    Watch this space....

urhash wrote:

Any word on whether the TWINE Pipeline tie is in this?
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    urhash wrote:
    Would be great to get Matt Spaiser's input on these...

As Indy said, the colour isn't right. But I find the tie in the film to be rather garish with its vivid blue and vivid gold colours. I think this is a happy accident and it looks even better with the more muted colours!
    I don't disagree with you, Matt... but talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the works! The last thing we need is a debate between screen accuracy and improved style. :)) Seriously though... we'll tweak the colors a bit and hopefully we'll be able to achieve something that matches the screen tie well enough without being too garishly 90s. -{

Thanks for your comments and especially for your tie graphic... you did a great job with it!
    I don't disagree with you, Matt... but talk about throwing a monkey wrench into the works! The last thing we need is a debate between screen accuracy and improved style. :)) Seriously though... we'll tweak the colors a bit and hopefully we'll be able to achieve something that matches the screen tie well enough without being too garishly 90s. -{

Thanks for your comments and especially for your tie graphic... you did a great job with it!

Thank you!

I know that around here screen accuracy sells above all else. And the difficult thing about accurate colours is that they can be considerably different on screen than the clothes are in reality.
    Matt S wrote:
    ...the difficult thing about accurate colours is that they can be considerably different on screen than the clothes are in reality.

Tell me about it! That is the bane of our work.
    Matt S wrote:
    it looks even better with the more muted colours

Seconded.
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    Indy,

Any chance you could do a run of these ties that aren't the SA width? Since ties were 3.75" wide then, they are very "out of the times" now. I wouldn't wear one that is that wide, but would snatch one up in a second if it were more like 3.25" wide. Same with some of the others you have.

Just a thought. And thank you for all the work you do replicating these impossible to find ties for us all!
    I'll see if we can do both widths at the same time in the run. I'll keep you posted.
    ZgVK4yql.jpg

Ok, we've darkened the blue and made it a bit more true blue (the first sample was pushing towards lavender) and we darkened the tan as well, but it's still slightly less saturated than what the original seems to be on screen.

What do you guys think? Is this subtle enough to be practical but still close enough to screen accurate?