Re: Coronavirus

It is reported here that Mr. Trump and his administration are putting enormous sums of money on the table to get exclusive access to Tuebingen based CureVac company  - or have them moving to the US entirely
CureVac are very much advanced in developing a vaccine.

The emphasis is on „exclusive“

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

Higgins wrote:

It is reported here that Mr. Trump and his administration are putting enormous sums of money on the table to get exclusive access to Tuebingen based CureVac company  - or have them moving to the US entirely

It’s also been reported that Trump has ‘fast tracked’ trials of a vaccine - jumping straight from development stage to human testing…missing out the animal testing phase…

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

He has no time to lose, he must get this solved until November  ajb007/biggrin
As always, it‘s all about himself

Tests came back negative.  Just found out this morning.

Now, I can un-quarantine myself and head out into the population to actually get sick.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

Sir Miles wrote:
Higgins wrote:

It’s also been reported that Trump has ‘fast tracked’ trials of a vaccine - jumping straight from development stage to human testing…missing out the animal testing phase…

At least the animal rights lot will be happy!!!

Just been to the shops - the panic buying here has already started but we only have  2 supermarkets in the country!   Will end up living off the land at this rate  ajb007/smile

Instagram - bondclothes007

Some news that I've been dreading finally arrived today with the inevitability of an unloved season...the ultra-marathon that I've been training for over the recent months has been cancelled. Oh well, at least I'm now fitter than I was at the start of this process!

Gymkata wrote:

Now, I can un-quarantine myself and head out into the population to actually get sick.

Congratulations! Very good news.
Can you tell us, how much the test costed (including Dr. visit etc.), or has it been paid by an insurance?
I am just trying to find out, if the numbers, that I‘ve been posting where accurate. Thanks!

Gymkata wrote:

Glad to hear that!!

Good news, Gymkata.
Bad news, Golrush007.

Next week I originally had 3 gigs, one rehearsal, and one recording session. Now only one gig (and I won't be surprised if that gets cancelled, too) + the recording session are left (not much point in the rehearsal now).

Sir Miles wrote:
Higgins wrote:

We did that for Ebola too, animal testing added too much delay. Having met the Army medic infected she was at a point in time where it was all or nothing. As she said when you know you are dying you have nothing to lose and everything to gain (recovery or swifter death), by the time the decision came she was nearly unconscious anyway and bleeding out.

Quite humbling really and gives you a real sense of perspective, but great to see the gamble paid off in the end - so there can be hope in the most dire of situations.

For COVID-19, Everyone needs to keep a sense of perspective and social responsibility. Basically if we all follow the guidance protecting the old and increasing personal hygiene, avoid touching your face and if you are going to cough then catch and bin it in a hanky, this will pass sooner rather than later.

My forecast however is sadly eradication will be near impossible and it is likely to return next year at least.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

Amid all the hype, false reporting and appetite to panic people, this clip from an NHS doctor explains (in terms even I can understand!) the British response to the disease.

It is short and well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6tTwx … e=youtu.be

Higgins wrote:

Update:

CureVac will not be sold and stays in Germany.
Main owners are Dietmar Hopp and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

CureVac announced, that they are not working exclusively for anyone, their goal is to cure on a global level and not on a national level.

Dietmar Hopp is often criticized in Germany as the owner of the football Club Hoffenheim, the accusation is that he created a retord Club which is based only in money.

Hopp remains one of Germany‘s largest donors for charity, sports and disease control.
Hopp is the co-founder of SAP.

So the company confirms the US government wanted all the Corona medicine for the USA?

Those reports have been already confirmed by german authorities.

Our Minister of Commerce issued a statement that „Germany is not for sale“

* Do we really assume that Trump approached CureVac to get a global distribution of the vaccine?  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

With Trump in the White House there is no City on the Hill anymore, no role for the USA as a beason of hope and security in the world.
I can understand it if a country has a company that has found the vaccine will first use that medicine on the citizens who need saving first and only alter distribute abroad. Sharing the formula would be the right thin g to do. Trying to buy up a foreign Company to only help the USA is the wrong thing to do. The US are losing their moral leadership in the world (as so far a superpower can have such a thing).  Sorry about the politics, but it's highlly relevant.

On a ligher note, there was just a report from Italy or Spain, where social distancing is enforced high.
They interviewed 2 women who told them that their 5 month old Labrador suffers the most from it because he can‘t hug and cuddle with random bypassers anymore  ajb007/heart

King Harald held a good speech to the nation about the Corona situation tonight. The king usually only addresses the whole nation on New years eve. In fact the last time he made an exception was after the terror attacks in 2011.
BUT: the king spoke from the royal cabin. He in a quarantine after his visit to Jordan at the start of the month. It's now illegal to live in your cabin because the small municipalities where many of the cabins are don't have the medical infrastructure to handle thousands of extra people. So the king is breaking the law  ajb007/lol

https://66.media.tumblr.com/fc7ed5f25d25fab3e753c570ff5f05ac/tumblr_miwu0rbwuB1rvq1cmo1_500.gif

Daily Mail: Olga Kurylenko confirms she has coronavirus and urges fans to 'take this seriously!'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/a … ously.html

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

Worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hks6Nq7g6P4

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

Very informative  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

There is a lot of wisdom to be found there.

Thanks for posting!

Great Video 0073  ajb007/cheers

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

I am just reading that the UK has only 4000 intensive beds nationwide.

In comparison Germany has 20000 and we are very worried that the capacity win‘t be enough, this the drastic measures over the weekend.

For as funny as that video is, it's actually pretty accurate and informative.  Good stuff!

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

My country did a announcement today for Coronavirus

Basically do nothing - no closure of boarders (flights from South America and UK) etc.  people appear to be a bit pissed off.   Easy to isolate here in Falklands if you venture out i to the wilderness but will spread like wildfire in Stanley if or rather when it arrives.   3500 people - 2 supermarkets, 2 schools etc