Re: Coronavirus

Hopefully Both President Trump and the First Lady will  will make a speedy recovery, and that
all AJBers can stay safe too.

“God has given you one face, and you make yourself another"

Number24 wrote:

do you have any sources when you say there won't be any vaccine for at least 18 months?
The statements I've seen from experts say a vaccine is axpected some time this winter. of course that's when it becomes awailabe, it will take time producing and distributing the vaccine.

That depends pretty much on what we are talking about here: are we talking about identifying a suitable molecule and completing clinical trials on the safety and efficacy, planning and start of production or distribution to the wider populace? If last, even with the most optimistic time frame; we're talking summer -21 here.

So 18 mo to-go, is not that unrealistic. Even though WH just blocked the FDA safety guidelines on vaccine emergency approval. The guidelines would have required the test subjects to go through 8 week monitoring period after the last taken shot in the trial.

The administration is clearly grasping at straws to get an announcement of break through before election.

EDIT: I put this here, it was originally in the B25 Spoiler news.

"I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
-Mr Arlington Beech

Almost every estimate I've seen says the first half of 2020 for start of large scale prosuction, but a vaccine for everyone who wants it is obviously further into the future.

Number24 wrote:

Almost every estimate I've seen says the first half of 2020 for start of large scale prosuction, but a vaccine for everyone who wants it is obviously further into the future.

I think you meant to say "first half of 2021".... Otherwise I'll start to suspect you have been having chats with "Donny"  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

-Mr Arlington Beech

No! I never mistype ... ever. That's why I never correct my own posts  ajb007/lol

Number24 wrote:

No! I never mistype ... ever. That's why I never correct my own posts  ajb007/lol

Is that so? Then pray tell what is "prosuction"? Or should it be "Pro-suction" - something that Stormy D. provided Donny T. with.... allegedly...  ajb007/tongue

-Mr Arlington Beech

It wasn't "prosecution" ajb007/biggrin

you really can‘t make this up.....

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/prod … -covid.htm

HISTORIC MOMENTS IN HISTORY COIN: PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP DEFEATS COVID WITH ICONS OF HIS ENTIRE FIRST TERM! LIMITED EDITION, GIANNINI SERIES AS SEEN WORLDWIDE, EDGE NUMBERED EDITION, PRE-ORDER SHIPS NOV 14, 2020

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol

-Mr Arlington Beech

https://gbdeclaration.org/
The Great Barrington Declaration      ( Just posting as a point of interest )

With 13.000 new infections (Germany today 3500 and the authorities are highly alarmed) and 38000 deaths, the UK are in no position to discuss further „opening up“. Autumn and flu season has just started and we all will have tough months ahead.

Mental issues because of this situation * are unavoidable and it‘s simply chosing saving lifes over mental health.

While it‘s true that younger people when infected have lesser health issues but they infect their families - brothers, sisters and parents who at work (or in the pub) infect others and their parents - so  avoiding kids to get infected has a broader scale and is not limited to them.

I‘d rather leave schools, pubs and football stadiums closed before the economy has to be closed down again.

* it would be „interesting“ to know if mental health issues would be higher in total if we let lose and simply let a larger number of people die compared to the mental health issues because of limitations of social contacts and staying home.
I am pretty sure I know the reply on this.

And the hits just keep on coming: Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine study paused due to unexplained illness in participant. ( https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/12/joh … rticipant/ )

This was a PIII study. And even though this does not necessarily mean anything yet, it will push back the estimated time for functional vaccine from J&J.

-Mr Arlington Beech

A friend of mine who is active on Facebook ( I am not..)  contacted me because he‘s read that Germany now deploys the military to reduce personal rights re. the pandemic.

A prime example for saying something completely wrong while not lying because it‘s out of context.

Truth is, that 15.000 soldiers have been called to help local health authorities with tracing of Covid positives.
So those soldiers are sitting at phones and call people who have tested positive and the people who have been their contact persons.

I may have told you, that in August a friend of us ( coming from the US) had Covid symtoms and I arranged a Covid test for her and made sure that she did not go out.

I‘ve also reported the case ( it turned out to be negative after 1 day) but I can tell you from first hand experience how much work those people on the hotline have and how serious they are about it.

Last edited by Higgins (13th Oct 2020 08:13)

Berlin was about to start a campaign against no-maskers but I am hearing that it has been stopped unfortunately

https://share-your-photo.com/img/f47736ad10.jpg

The amount of people who wear a mask with their nose uncovered is amazing.  ajb007/rolleyes

https://i.postimg.cc/z3bT9gRZ/face-mask-mistake.jpg

Although only a few days ago I had to help a lady who was deaf, so the first thing I had to do
was remove my mask so she could read my lips  ajb007/wink  ( I told her, " No new Taxes ")
similar reason I have to take my shoes and socks off, to count to ten.

I still have just seen three people wearing masks since corona began, and that was in a town near the border of Sweden. I'm not speaking against masks, that's just what I've experienced. In most communities masks are the right thing in many situations.

Thunderpussy wrote:

The amount of people who wear a mask with their nose uncovered is amazing.  ajb007/rolleyes

https://i.postimg.cc/z3bT9gRZ/face-mask-mistake.jpg

Although only a few days ago I had to help a lady who was deaf, so the first thing I had to do
was remove my mask so she could read my lips  ajb007/wink  ( I told her, " No new Taxes ")
similar reason I have to take my shoes and socks off, to count to ten.

I demand a recount!

-Mr Arlington Beech

Thunderpussy wrote:

At least that’s a start...most people seem to wear them as chin straps round here  ajb007/rolleyes

YNWA 96

The Unbearables

44 of the 80 barangays (districts) in Cebu City have been declared Covid free today, but with strict rules and regulations, and in the most part, people abiding by the rules, things are slowly getting better here.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Lockdown Part 2  Begins   ajb007/crap

It sounds like an action sequel, but in fact it's an inaction sequel.

There does seem to be a feeling of noncompliance from a lot of people. I think many people are
just tired of the restrictions. They're wrong obviously  ( Only my opinion ) but I think a certain
amount of " lethargy" is setting in as there seems to be no end in sight for it to end, or perhaps
no Plan seems to be followed  ajb007/crap

The virus for sure is not getting tired and lethargic and probably people should ask the virus when there will be the end of it.

Especially for Higgins, there's a new Coronavirus 'tier' alert system in operation across Europe (and particularly Vienna):

https://i.postimg.cc/wtVh1Sx1/DALTON.png

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol  ajb007/lol