1,226

Re: Coronavirus

https://share-your-photo.com/img/7cac9460e9.jpg

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

1,227

Re: Coronavirus

Interesting - and dispiriting for Brits.

Noway will be glad of this occasion to come close to 'nul points'.

What's the source for this, Higgins?

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

1,228

Re: Coronavirus

Source, as in my previous post indicated:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detai … -countries

You can thank me later with a praising post, Nap  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

Last edited by Higgins (13th Jan 2021 15:02)

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

1,229

Re: Coronavirus

Napoleon Plural wrote:

Interesting - and dispiriting for Brits.

Noway will be glad of this occasion to come close to 'nul points'.

What's the source for this, Higgins?

Today we reached the sad number of five hundred Covid-19 dead (most of the second wave hit us after the dates on graph). Sad as it us we have gotten off lightly compared to many other countries, as NP points out. A low population density and a culture for social distancing is part of the reason, but Sweden's death toll of around 9000 makes it clear not everything can be explained this way. Unlike the US we've had practically no political fighting over the Corona strategy and the trust in the government and other relevant authorities increased last year. There has been some mistakes done by the authorities, mostly involving foreign workers, but generally the strategy has been good and based on science. Let's hope we all get to the end of this tragedy.

1,230

Re: Coronavirus

Higgins wrote:

https://share-your-photo.com/img/7cac9460e9.jpg

Why is Turkey represented by Istanbul and Indonesia represented by Jakarta and not the entire country?

Last edited by Number24 (13th Jan 2021 17:22)

1,231

Re: Coronavirus

Over 1,500 dead in the UK. That's not including anyone with Long Covid.

The worst figure since the pandemic began.

That there are some in the UK saying this is a hoax is so odd, so unhinged. It's as if you got people thinking World War II wasn't going on because they didn't know anyone who'd died in it and they hadn't seen footage of people dying on the Normandy beaches. That said, you did get people thinking stories of the Holocaust would be disbelieved or branded as hoaxes.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

1,232

Re: Coronavirus

Number24 wrote:
Napoleon Plural wrote:

Interesting - and dispiriting for Brits.

Noway will be glad of this occasion to come close to 'nul points'.

What's the source for this, Higgins?

Today we reached the sad number of five hundred Covid-19 dead (most of the second wave hit us after the dates on graph). Sad as it us we have gotten off lightly compared to many other countries, as NP points out. A low population density and a culture for social distancing is part of the reason, but Sweden's death toll of around 9000 makes it clear not everything can be explained this way. Unlike the US we've had practically no political fighting over the Corona strategy and the trust in the government and other relevant authorities increased last year. There has been some mistakes done by the authorities, mostly involving foreign workers, but generally the strategy has been good and based on science. Let's hope we all get to the end of this tragedy.

Sweden has now got 10 000 corona deaths, not 9000. The good nevs is they are slowly changing their strategy and are now doing what most countries started doing about ten months ago.

1,233

Re: Coronavirus

Higgins wrote:

Source, as in my previous post indicated:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detai … -countries

You can thank me later with a praising post, Nap  ajb007/biggrin  ajb007/biggrin

Higgins, you really are the most marvellous fellow!

https://i.postimg.cc/jWqSP3Xd/iu.jpg

Prof Higgins bows and breaks into song with 'Why Can't The English Teach Their People How To Vote'...   ajb007/biggrin

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

1,234

Re: Coronavirus

Higgins wrote:

Earliest documented Covid Case in China is from 15. November 2019.
So, so far the‘s the oldest documented Covid Patient.
And we all know that proper documentation in China is not their highest priority

The article does not give away travel history from that patient.
But it‘s certainly interesting.

I am just hearing that China is using the Milan case in their attempt to fingerpoint to Europe now.
That was not the intention of my previous post - I have no intention to whitewash China and the roots of this pandemic.
Pretty sure, the virus came from China - I‘ll stand corrected if there is hard evidence of something else.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

1,235

Re: Coronavirus

Napoleon Plural wrote:

Higgins, you really are the most marvellous fellow!

https://i.postimg.cc/jWqSP3Xd/iu.jpg

Prof Higgins bows and breaks into song with 'Why Can't The English Teach Their People How To Vote'...   ajb007/biggrin

God forbid, we should grow accustomed to this face-

https://i.postimg.cc/mz6RtQdF/cr67-pre-credits.jpg

1,236

Re: Coronavirus

Higgins wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Earliest documented Covid Case in China is from 15. November 2019.
So, so far the‘s the oldest documented Covid Patient.
And we all know that proper documentation in China is not their highest priority

The article does not give away travel history from that patient.
But it‘s certainly interesting.

I am just hearing that China is using the Milan case in their attempt to fingerpoint to Europe now.
That was not the intention of my previous post - I have no intention to whitewash China and the roots of this pandemic.
Pretty sure, the virus came from China - I‘ll stand corrected if there is hard evidence of something else.

Finally WHO investigators are allowed to enter China and Wuhan. A correspondent from Norway tried to film the wet marker believed to be ground Zero for Covid-19,  but the place was fenced in and uniformed men (who refused to say what organisation they are from) forbud her to film there and chase her away. Chinese authorities clearly think they have something to hide.

1,237

Re: Coronavirus

I‘ve just seen an interview with Etihad‘s CEO.

He labels himself being a helpless optimist and his credo is „ never waste a good crisis“.
In my opinion something that we should bring a bit more into our focus.

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

1,238

Re: Coronavirus

Last week one of my dearest friends died of COVID.  She was in her seventies and not in the best of health to begin with, but this was still sudden and a shock.  If anyone still thinks this virus isn't a killer, think again.

Vox clamantis in deserto

1,239

Re: Coronavirus

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, Hardyboy.

1,240

Re: Coronavirus

I'm sorry to hear that too, Hardyboy. And I agree, those who think it's a hoax, or treat it lightly, need their heads examined.

"How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."

1,241

Re: Coronavirus

Sincere condolences, Hardyboy.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.