Re: Will November still be the release month?

johnraiders wrote:

I actually booked 2 screenings, Central Picturehouse 70mm and BFI IMAX 15/70.
A bit mad but I’d like to compare how they differ

You guys are getting 800+ new covid cases a day and still opening cinemas? Nuts.

005 wrote:
johnraiders wrote:

I actually booked 2 screenings, Central Picturehouse 70mm and BFI IMAX 15/70.
A bit mad but I’d like to compare how they differ

You guys are getting 800+ new covid cases a day and still opening cinemas? Nuts.

Been to the BFI IMAX and it was amazing.
Not familiar with the Central Picturehouse 70mm.

Just saw an email announcement that AMC theaters in the US is rolling out a re-opening. AMC is projecting that at least 2/3's of its locations in the USA will be re-opened by early September. On the surface this would seem to bode well for a NTTD release in November, however when it comes to this virus, nothing is ever certain. If there is a surge (or if numbers don't go down) local and State governments could keep the theaters from re-opening. Even if many theaters do re-open, will EON/MGM decide it's still too risky based on possible projections of low attendance due to public fear and significant seating reductions at theaters and continue to hedge their bets and hold out longer?

Licencetochat wrote:
propcollector22 wrote:

Amazon Emailed today, 2 out of the 3 books i ordered in January are getting released in November.
Hopefully if the making of is coming out we may be on track for november!

Hello,
We have good news! Two of your pre-ordered items are now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Simon Hugo "James Bond's DB5"
    Estimated arrival date: November 17 2020
Ben Robinson "50 Greatest James Bond Cars"
    Estimated arrival date: November 17 2020

website still shows Nov as the release date for the NTTD book.

https://i.postimg.cc/dDFTz0Tz/51-H8-Kah-Xmb-L-SY458-BO1-204-203-200.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/z3kR51C3/51-XWIf-EXB5-L-SX378-BO1-204-203-200.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3dJ0xb11/51z-Fqiq0zb-L-SX-DB5.jpg

Maybe thats a little sign ajb007/bond  ajb007/martini  ajb007/martini

By the way. Will there be a making of the movie book? i see you're first picture there. I was aware of the books by greg williams previously but that first picture says making of now time to die by Mark Salisbury. Is that the first bond book by him?

Latest information from MGM regarding No Time To Die's release:https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/nttd-mgm-monitoring-tenet-to-dictate-bond-release-date?id=04741

Licencetochat wrote:

By the way. Will there be a making of the movie book? i see you're first picture there. I was aware of the books by greg williams previously but that first picture says making of now time to die by Mark Salisbury. Is that the first bond book by him?

Rankin took over for Spectre. I did love the continuity of GW from Brosnan to Craig era.

Saw Tenet today, about 30-40 in cinema, noon screening at central picturehouse in 70mm.
I guess they can see how much $$ it does for next 5 weeks and then decide if NTTD is still workable for Nov.

Did you like Tenet?

Hard to remain fully objective, 1st film at the cinema since pre lockdown, wanting to like it, wanting it to be good to get people back to cinema, so we have a chance at NTTD this year..
I enjoyed it, albeit very confusing at times, it didn’t seem like a 150min movie.
Some of the set pieces are very good and it’s easy to see why he’d be a great choice for Bond director, but prob won’t ever happen.
Prob not as good as I hoped, but still a solid 6/10.
Seeing again on sat morning, so it’ll hopefully make more sense and a proper 70mm vs IMAX compare.

https://www.thewrap.com/tenet-finally-a … ox-office/

Good numbers

Just over two weeks before it’s released and they’ve pushed The Kings Man back again to February.

..................http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/darkcrown_1969/Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Asp9mm wrote:

Just over two weeks before it’s released and they’ve pushed The Kings Man back again to February.

Grrrrrrrrrr...was really looking forward to seeing that soon  ajb007/frown

Tenet UK box office £5.3m.
If the rest of world follows suit, I’d say NTTD will be green lit for Nov

https://www.007.com/new-no-time-to-die-poster-2/

EON website takes you to the above link, confirmed new poster and a new trailer for release Thursday 03/09. Hopefully were on track now.

Paul
(no money left now...send food parcels)

propcollector22 wrote:

https://www.007.com/new-no-time-to-die-poster-2/

EON website takes you to the above link, confirmed new poster and a new trailer for release Thursday 03/09. Hopefully were on track now.

Saw the Trailer. A fair bit of new (to me at least footage) looks very good. Visuals are stunning. If I can get passed (yet ) another 'this time its personal element and Waltz I could eventually be in for a treat.

Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.

After today's Government press conference, as far as the UK goes, I have a bad feeling about this...

Agreed, we could be heading
For a second lock down, perhaps
Not as strict as the first  but bad
None the less  ajb007/crap

“I remember the last thing my Nan said to me before she died.
‘What are you doing here with that hammer?’”..... Lee Mack.

I was becoming quite hopeful but agree, with this latest turn, I'm not confident. ajb007/frown

"Any of the opposition around..?"

Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

After today's Government press conference, as far as the UK goes, I have a bad feeling about this...

What was said? We have tickets to go to London in November but I don't think it is going to happen.

@jamesbondclassified

James Boldman wrote:
Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

What was said? We have tickets to go to London in November but I don't think it is going to happen.

They have banned social gatherings over 6 people (although gyms, cinemas, restaurants and bars are all still operational - don't get me started on the "science" of that.) If you do find yourself in a gathering of more than 6 people you have to form a company, all get married or get someone to take one for the team as work, weddings and funerals are exempt ajb007/biggrin

We have rolling localised lockdowns in various cities, Birmingham the latest today.

We also have a large spike in cases, clustered on 17-25 year olds but with the anticipation this will lead to older infections which will increase hospitalisations and eventually deaths. There is debate over if this will come to pass in practice (people like to shout "Sweden!" at each other to justify completely opposite views) but assuming it did and we do go into a broader second lockdown the timeframe for that is basically NTTD opening weekend.

I'd probably be fairly bullish on you being allowed to fly...the only question being if there will be a film for you to see..I am in daily check mode to see if/when I can use vouchers from April to rebook screening.

2 months from general release in UK.

No confirmed screening times: can't book tickets.

The 007notimetodie.co.uk you're directed to from the vouchers in the NTTD collectors box is currently down.

The 007 store won't let you buy the new poster which says November on it...the 007store not taking your money as soon as possible is, I believe, one of the 4 signs of the apocalypse...

The UK starts much stricter covid measures tomorrow and ministers are openly saying 'Christmas is in danger' - whatever that means.

The November 12 general theatre release in the UK is currently tied to a wooden chair informing Covid it's 'got a little itch'.

Come on Mr White, where the hell are you...

Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

The 007notimetodie.co.uk you're directed to from the vouchers in the NTTD collectors box is currently down.

The 007 store won't let you buy the new poster which says November on it...the 007store not taking your money as soon as possible is, I believe, one of the 4 signs of the apocalypse...

The UK starts much stricter covid measures tomorrow and ministers are openly saying 'Christmas is in danger' - whatever that means.

The November 12 general theatre release in the UK is currently tied to a wooden chair informing Covid it's 'got a little itch'.

Wow that doesn't sound good at all! Thanks for the update as depressing as it is.

@jamesbondclassified

James Boldman wrote:
Royale-les-Eaux wrote:

Wow that doesn't sound good at all! Thanks for the update as depressing as it is.

Sorry!  ajb007/crap

On the positive side you can go and watch Tenet today and some, not hordes, are. So if NTTD was coming out this week it would definitely be released.

It wouldn't be a general release as some cities are heading back into strict measures limiting hospitality to takeaway only, but you could definitely see it in London...

Here in the UK, we're now up to around 3,500 new cases a day which is a staggering acceleration. I regretfully feel that by the time November comes we'll be somewhere around the point we reached the week before we locked down last time. Which was also the week before Bond. Wish they had just rolled the dice for a summer release alongside Tenet: they would have trounced it and it would have encouraged people to visit cinemas a couple of times in quick succession.

JB1106340 wrote:

Here in the UK, we're now up to around 3,500 new cases a day which is a staggering acceleration. I regretfully feel that by the time November comes we'll be somewhere around the point we reached the week before we locked down last time. Which was also the week before Bond. Wish they had just rolled the dice for a summer release alongside Tenet: they would have trounced it and it would have encouraged people to visit cinemas a couple of times in quick succession.

there is a familiar feeling in the air...

While I want to see NTTD as soon as possible, I would rather them wait. I don't think that big blockbusters will be viable until Spring 2021. I don't want to see EON take the big risk that WB did with Tenet.

The box office numbers for Tenet after THREE weeks in the US alone are not as much as Nolan's previous opening weekends stateside. On top of that, the rest of the world hasn't faired much better either.

For reference: Tenet Box Office (3 weeks in) in USD sorry I am in the States.  ajb007/crap
$29.5 mil - US
$177.5 mil - Foreign
$207 mil - Worldwide

For reference, Interstellar opened at $47.5 mil in the US and Dunkirk opened at $50 mil in the US.

The "break-even" point for Tenet, which only includes what they reportedly spent not including advertising, is around $450-$500 mil.

WB can take that hit and so can Nolan. Bond cannot. EON needs Bond to make the kind of numbers that Skyfall and Spectre made. On top of that, everybody is quick to say that Bond is an old breed of film that is dying off.

Pandemic or not, NTTD releasing and doing poorly could send it over the edge and we could be looking at an even longer wait for the next film. We may even see EON taking such a loss that they have to sell the rights which I do not want to happen. While I love the Marvel movies for what they are, I don't even want to imagine a Disney 007.

Nevertheless, I will take another delay if it means the film succeeding. I'd rather that then a possibly huge blow to the franchise which could put it in jeopardy.

Last edited by MrSwinderman (13th Sep 2020 23:19)