Re: Sales?

armenianmovieman wrote:

I imagine this'll be popular come summer 2021 when things get somewhat more back to normal...... IMO this is a better\more usable outfit than the Spectre Brunello Morocco look.

I don’t know, I’d take the SP outfit over the NTTD for summer wear any day. Chinos over cords seems like an obvious choice if you’re facing a hot summer’s day. BC jacket would be a lot cooler as well (wasn’t it a cotton/linen blend?). Likewise for the shirt—SP TF poplin is thinner and therefore cooler than the NTTD BC’s cotton twill.

Last edited by JTM (15th Dec 2020 08:46)

Brunello Cuccinelli has almost their entire Fall/Winter line on sale right now for 40% off.  Go to any retail site that carries them and you'll see this pricing.

Current rankings:
OHMSS>FRWL>CR>TSWLM>YOLT>MR>SF>FYEO>GE>OP>DN>
TWINE>TND>QOS>TB>TMWTGG>GF>LALD>TLD>AVTAK>SP>DAF>LTK>DAD
Bond rankings: Lazenby>Moore>Connery>Craig>Brosnan>Dalton

JTM wrote:
armenianmovieman wrote:

I imagine this'll be popular come summer 2021 when things get somewhat more back to normal...... IMO this is a better\more usable outfit than the Spectre Brunello Morocco look.

I don’t know, I’d take the SP outfit over the NTTD for summer wear any day. Chinos over cords seems like an obvious choice if you’re facing a hot summer’s day. BC jacket would be a lot cooler as well (wasn’t it a cotton/linen blend?). Likewise for the shirt—SP TF poplin is thinner and therefore cooler than the NTTD BC’s cotton twill.

Ditto — and I like the MA Sloop Suit — but the Kenton boots aren't made for summer dress up!

Gymkata wrote:

Brunello Cuccinelli has almost their entire Fall/Winter line on sale right now for 40% off.  Go to any retail site that carries them and you'll see this pricing.

Has anyone managed to find the BC denim shirt on sale? I cant find it anywhere.

sunny01 wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Do you have a link to the shirt on the BC website or a sku?  It'd help me try and track it down for you.

Bear in mind, not everything is on sale.  It's entirely possible that the shirt you're talking about did not go on sale.

Current rankings:

Gymkata wrote:
sunny01 wrote:
Gymkata wrote:

Do you have a link to the shirt on the BC website or a sku?  It'd help me try and track it down for you.

Bear in mind, not everything is on sale.  It's entirely possible that the shirt you're talking about did not go on sale.

Hi Gymkata thanks I believe this is the link to the shirt but I would happily go for the slim fit 8nstead of basic fit as well

https://shop.brunellocucinelli.com/en-g … 40038.html

seeing a lot of denim shirts out there in searches.  The sku on that link doesn't pull anything up so I'm not able to dial in on which one you want at other sites. 

Regardless, based on what I'm seeing, none of these shirts are on sale right now.  sorry!

Current rankings:

Bergdorf Goodman is discounting the hell out of the Sloop suit. I just got one for $550 (size 52 which I'm actually hoping to swap for a 50; anyone interested?). Only a few sizes remain tho.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/massi … d=BGN7KM8_

frommeyer wrote:

Bergdorf Goodman is discounting the hell out of the Sloop suit. I just got one for $550 (size 52 which I'm actually hoping to swap for a 50; anyone interested?). Only a few sizes remain tho.

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/massi … d=BGN7KM8_

Only size 56 and 58 are left but Jesus that price is ridiculously low considering what Massimo Alba is asking on their site!

I know where you keep your gun!

frommeyer wrote:

I wouldn’t go swapping it yet Frommeyer. I took the 50 in the SA colour and then picked up a 52 in the Nero Lavato in a sale (for about the same price as you paid) about 6 months ago. Honestly, the difference was minimal and just required some tailoring to make it fit perfectly.

Yes. Considerably.

That's a bargain. I'm tempted to buy a second one but I won't lol.

Keep your eyes open.  Near as I can tell, we're gonna get hit with HUGE clearance sales in the final week of the year as retailers (especially clothing retailers) flat out dump inventory.  If you think the sales are crazy now, they should be bonkers next week.

Current rankings:

Ferinstal wrote:
frommeyer wrote:

I wouldn’t go swapping it yet Frommeyer. I took the 50 in the SA colour and then picked up a 52 in the Nero Lavato in a sale (for about the same price as you paid) about 6 months ago. Honestly, the difference was minimal and just required some tailoring to make it fit perfectly.

You've given me some hope. Normally I'm between a 38 and 40. But I think the screen accurate fit is probably a size larger than normal. Just based on how the pants fit Craig as they seem fairly loose on him. Which isn't the case for a lot of the reviews I've seen of people ordering their normal suit size.

And, simply in terms of being fashion forward, larger fits are coming back into style. God help us if we end up back to that 2002 NBA draft class photo again. But I'm ok with it to a degree. The only time in my life off the rack suits seemed to fit properly were in this narrow window between 2008 and 2010.

Anyway, your experience is encouraging. I'd rather not have to shuffle through a trade.

Gymkata wrote:

Keep your eyes open.  Near as I can tell, we're gonna get hit with HUGE clearance sales in the final week of the year as retailers (especially clothing retailers) flat out dump inventory.  If you think the sales are crazy now, they should be bonkers next week.

The widespread retail bankruptcy reckoning that's coming next year is gonna bring a lot of human misery. But yeah. This is only the start of insanely good sales.

If anyone finds sales for these items, I'd be really grateful if you could post them here:

-Massimo Alba RAIN duster coat
-Massimo Alba MAUKO trousers
-N.Peal NTTD jumper
-Matchless Craig Blouson
-Any N.Peal sweaters from Skyfall and Spectre
-C&J Moltons dark brown rough-out suede
-C&J Islay boots

also looking for a screen accurate Barbour Graham XL

Last edited by Bond_Ambitions (22nd Dec 2020 05:23)

Bond_Ambitions wrote:

If anyone finds sales for these items, I'd be really grateful if you could post them here:

-Massimo Alba RAIN duster coat
-Massimo Alba MAUKO trousers
-N.Peal NTTD jumper
-Matchless Craig Blouson
-Any N.Peal sweaters from Skyfall and Spectre
-C&J Moltons dark brown rough-out suede
-C&J Islay boots

also looking for a screen accurate Barbour Graham XL

Not sure how taxes would impact but these guys have permanent rolling sales and have multiple variants of the Matchless Craig Blouson https://www.lineafashion.com/product-ca … hless-men/

Anyone found a decent price for the Tom Ford NTTD jeans?

Orlebar’s sale is live. No Bond items. Plus ca change.

ditto Sunspel - also never put their best underwear in damn them.

ditto Turnbull & Asser sale has just gone live. Some gorgeous items but, as ever, nil bondium.

Gymkata wrote:

Nordstrom is down to 60% off on their sale Brunello Cuccinelli items.

Current rankings:

Guys Mr Porter uk sale now on 50% off Massimo Alba Sloop Suit and Winch trousers! Not something I would wear but great price! Low stock so you need to be quick.

sunny01 wrote:

Guys Mr Porter uk sale now on 50% off Massimo Alba Sloop Suit and Winch trousers! Not something I would wear but great price! Low stock so you need to be quick.

I can't see the sale on their website. When does it go live?

sunny01 wrote:

If you happen to be a size 11 shoe they also have Church's Ryder 3's at half price.

Yep, the sale is on.... just bought the Orlebar Brown Harrington Jacket .... 50% off.

kristopherm3 wrote:
sunny01 wrote:

I can't see the sale on their website. When does it go live?

Are Mr. Porter's returns free, including postage? Their FAQ is obscurely written to focus on exchanges.