Billy Reid Question

Good evening,

I am hoping somebody could answer a query I have to with the Billy Reid Skyfall peacoat.

I have recently purchased one of these directly from Billy Reid in the 90/10 composition in a size XL. Unfortunately the coat is too big for me (It will be going up for sale soon). The reason I went for the XL is that I used to own a Large in the older 80/20 model which was too small.

My question is has anyone noticed any sizing inconsistencies between newer and older models? As you can see from the image below the chest measurement from pit to pit on my new XL is around 24.5”. To find one of these coats that fit me I am thinking that I need an older XL model or the newer model in a Large.

Does anyone have an older 80/20 in an XL that they would be able to tell me the pit to pit measurement on?

Many thanks!

Comments

• BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    5-D8-FEA1-A-CFC9-4475-8-A88-F15-F1-E0-E9038.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    I am in the exact same situation—old large=too small; new XL=too big :#
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Did you get one of the recent ones from Billy Reid? It’s definitely frustrating but I’m hoping someone could provide some measurements of their older 80/20 XL so my search can begin.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    BlueBlud wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Did you get one of the recent ones from Billy Reid? It’s definitely frustrating but I’m hoping someone could provide some measurements of their older 80/20 XL so my search can begin.

Yeah I bought mine a few months ago at the start of that great sale on the coats. I might look in to getting it tailored and see what can be done without ruining its proportions.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I was also in between sizes, an XL was a little tight but a XXL was way big and would have required significant alterations, I just kept the smaller one and will have to be a little more careful what I wear underneath.
    K