1

Topic: RM Williams Braided belt

Would someone be able to assist me with sizing and going about acquiring this belt?

2

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

They are very long so be careful. 

I need to get a smaller one

Instagram - bondclothes007

3

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I wear a 32 in all my belts (pant size is 30-31 depending on manufacturer), and I bought one in 34 and it fits perfect for all my pants with the right amount of excess to mimic DCs.

4

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I'm also curious about how to acquire one. Their website says they don't ship anything made out of kangaroo leather outside Australia.

5

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

llvhhui wrote:

I'm also curious about how to acquire one. Their website says they don't ship anything made out of kangaroo leather outside Australia.

I was lucky enough back in 2016 to find one on ebay (from Australia) for $90 CDN brand new. The seller did call out that kangaroo leather can't be sent outside Australia so I asked her to put on the customs form just "Leather Braided Belt" and all was good.

Looks like this site will ship to Canada (where I am) so assume it would ship elsewhere as well https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … -belt-p227

Last edited by TheExit148 (25th Jun 2020 18:53)

6

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

welshboy78 wrote:

They are very long so be careful. 

I need to get a smaller one

Based on the site i should order a 38 but i would go for a smaller size that's assuming i can even get one! i wish i could compare the 1.25 to the 1.5 inch.

Last edited by MikeG77 (26th Jun 2020 02:21)

7

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

You can find them on Greaves website :

https://www.greavessports.com/sports-c1 … 5B4%5D=104

8

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I'm a size 42/105 in the Prada belt so what size should I go for... a 34 or 36?

9

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I strongly encourage you to get a tube of RM's leather conditioner. My belt probably wouldn't have lasted more than a couple years without it.

https://www.rmwilliams.com.au/men/footw … mp;start=1

10

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

MikeG77 wrote:

I'm a size 42/105 in the Prada belt so what size should I go for... a 34 or 36?

Prada belt is sized small, if you have the saffiano leather one - I have a 38 / 95, but in every other brand of belt I own, I'm a 36.

11

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

km1fdm wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:

I'm a size 42/105 in the Prada belt so what size should I go for... a 34 or 36?

Prada belt is sized small, if you have the saffiano leather one - I have a 38 / 95, but in every other brand of belt I own, I'm a 36.

I'm almost half tempted to buy the 34 and the 36 and just selling the other one.

Bond_Ambitions I will definitely be buying the conditioner for this belt!

12

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

As an Aussie I’ve worn RMW boots for 35 years I always have 2 pairs , black and chestnut on the go.The belts aren’t that readily available. As a young guy I’d wear the boots moleskin trousers from RMW but the plaited roo belt was generic .
Incidentally the dangling belt wasn’t invented by Craig it’s how we’ve always worn them.
A couple years ago I saw the RMW was Craig’s favorite so I thought should check them out. They weren’t sold in my state so went to RMW flagship store in Melbourne.Firstly they may cost almost 4 times the standard roo belt but definitely worth it so much better than my old ones.
As to length shop assistants pretty firm on 1 size bigger than pants  I tried 2 and 3 sizes bigger. I went 2 sizes larger and it is pretty long particularly when worn with tucked in shirt.i like it but expect most happy with 1 size larger plus they do stretch.
Definitely should go 1.5” not 1.25”.  I  later decided to get another one in black at  moment they aren’t making black but when they did they were 1.25 but the store happy to make me custom black in 1.5.  I couldn’t be happier with them.

Anthony

13

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

Anyone have a lead here on where to get 1.5" shipped to USA? I have a similar belt in 1.25" (Queenslander belt), and would like to try a larger one in RMW one day..

14

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

km1fdm wrote:

Anyone have a lead here on where to get 1.5" shipped to USA? I have a similar belt in 1.25" (Queenslander belt), and would like to try a larger one in RMW one day..

This is what i found.....

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … -belt-p227

15

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

MikeG77 wrote:
km1fdm wrote:

Anyone have a lead here on where to get 1.5" shipped to USA? I have a similar belt in 1.25" (Queenslander belt), and would like to try a larger one in RMW one day..

This is what i found.....

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … -belt-p227

Yes, that's the 1.25" version unfortunately. :-/

Seems to be really tough to find the wider one.

16

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

A couple of stores have them advertised thestabledoor.com.au and portphillipshop.com.au
I’ve never bought from either but could be worth contacting them

Anthony

17

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

km1fdm wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:
km1fdm wrote:

Anyone have a lead here on where to get 1.5" shipped to USA? I have a similar belt in 1.25" (Queenslander belt), and would like to try a larger one in RMW one day..

This is what i found.....

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … -belt-p227

Yes, that's the 1.25" version unfortunately. :-/

Seems to be really tough to find the wider one.

https://thestabledoor.com.au/products/r … -ring-belt

18

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

MikeG77 wrote:
km1fdm wrote:
MikeG77 wrote:

This is what i found.....

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … -belt-p227

Yes, that's the 1.25" version unfortunately. :-/

Seems to be really tough to find the wider one.

https://thestabledoor.com.au/products/r … -ring-belt

Thanks. They appear to only ship to AU. May email to see if they'd be open to international.

19

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

For info, DC wears the 1.25" width belts and through trail-and-error - if it's the DC look you're going for - I'd go two sizes up.

I'm a 34" waist (although more a 36" through this lockdown!  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/lol) and initially went for a size 40" in the RM Williams however, it was too long; even by DC's standards.

So in the end I opted for 38" size and more than satisfied I did as the leather stretches (of course it does).
I bought the black version too and get regular wear out of them both - literally my go-to belts.

I also use the RM Williams Leather Conditioner Cream and it keeps them both supple without a pure shiny sheen.

Amazon UK: £13.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Leath … ooghydr-21

A. Hume, as has been mentioned here, have these belts in stock in most if-not-all sizes and ship worldwide.
I can personally vouch for their customer service - they were most helpful and understanding when I was trying to get the sizing right for me (circa 2012) for my initial purchase of the brown version. I bought the black one shortly thereafter from them too.

A. Hume: £179.95 (free shipping UK)

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … %5B1%5D=94

Hope this helps  ajb007/martini

G

Last edited by GaryD_007 (29th Jun 2020 09:50)

20

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I second what GaryD is saying, there customer service was excellent and advised me on ordering.
When i placed the order they phoned me to discuss the sizing and explain, The lady they told me they do this as these as specially made.

007 reporting for duty

21

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

GaryD_007 wrote:

For info, DC wears the 1.25" width belts and through trail-and-error - if it's the DC look you're going for - I'd go two sizes up.

I'm a 34" waist (although more a 36" through this lockdown!  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/lol) and initially went for a size 40" in the RM Williams however, it was too long; even by DC's standards.

So in the end I opted for 38" size and more than satisfied I did as the leather stretches (of course it does).
I bought the black version too and get regular wear out of them both - literally my go-to belts.

I also use the RM Williams Leather Conditioner Cream and it keeps them both supple without a pure shiny sheen.

Amazon UK: £13.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Leath … ooghydr-21

A. Hume, as has been mentioned here, have these belts in stock in most if-not-all sizes and ship worldwide.
I can personally vouch for their customer service - they were most helpful and understanding when I was trying to get the sizing right for me (circa 2012) for my initial purchase of the brown version. I bought the black one shortly thereafter from them too.

A. Hume: £179.95 (free shipping UK)

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … %5B1%5D=94

Hope this helps  ajb007/martini

G

may want to check with David Z but pretty sure Craig has 1.5 “

Anthony

22

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

007Downunder wrote:
GaryD_007 wrote:

For info, DC wears the 1.25" width belts and through trail-and-error - if it's the DC look you're going for - I'd go two sizes up.

I'm a 34" waist (although more a 36" through this lockdown!  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/lol) and initially went for a size 40" in the RM Williams however, it was too long; even by DC's standards.

So in the end I opted for 38" size and more than satisfied I did as the leather stretches (of course it does).
I bought the black version too and get regular wear out of them both - literally my go-to belts.

I also use the RM Williams Leather Conditioner Cream and it keeps them both supple without a pure shiny sheen.

Amazon UK: £13.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Leath … ooghydr-21

A. Hume, as has been mentioned here, have these belts in stock in most if-not-all sizes and ship worldwide.
I can personally vouch for their customer service - they were most helpful and understanding when I was trying to get the sizing right for me (circa 2012) for my initial purchase of the brown version. I bought the black one shortly thereafter from them too.

A. Hume: £179.95 (free shipping UK)

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … %5B1%5D=94

Hope this helps  ajb007/martini

G

may want to check with David Z but pretty sure Craig has 1.5 “

Maybe Simon Szrugar would be of better help than David Z. on that  ajb007/biggrin

23

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

007Downunder wrote:
GaryD_007 wrote:

For info, DC wears the 1.25" width belts and through trail-and-error - if it's the DC look you're going for - I'd go two sizes up.

may want to check with David Z but pretty sure Craig has 1.5 “

I thought the same thing. From what I recall, it was discussed in a thread here ages ago and the consensus was the 1.5”.

24

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

Just checked my belt (never wear) and checked my old emails

What happened with me was:

i ordered the 40 black and it was far too short

Was offered a 46 brown and it is way too long. 

Guess I need a 42 for a 36 waist - madness lol

Instagram - bondclothes007

25

Re: RM Williams Braided belt

I'm sure he would be happy to jump in.

Fred007 wrote:
007Downunder wrote:
GaryD_007 wrote:

For info, DC wears the 1.25" width belts and through trail-and-error - if it's the DC look you're going for - I'd go two sizes up.

I'm a 34" waist (although more a 36" through this lockdown!  ajb007/rolleyes  ajb007/lol) and initially went for a size 40" in the RM Williams however, it was too long; even by DC's standards.

So in the end I opted for 38" size and more than satisfied I did as the leather stretches (of course it does).
I bought the black version too and get regular wear out of them both - literally my go-to belts.

I also use the RM Williams Leather Conditioner Cream and it keeps them both supple without a pure shiny sheen.

Amazon UK: £13.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Williams-Leath … ooghydr-21

A. Hume, as has been mentioned here, have these belts in stock in most if-not-all sizes and ship worldwide.
I can personally vouch for their customer service - they were most helpful and understanding when I was trying to get the sizing right for me (circa 2012) for my initial purchase of the brown version. I bought the black one shortly thereafter from them too.

A. Hume: £179.95 (free shipping UK)

https://www.ahume.co.uk/rm-williams-pla … %5B1%5D=94

Hope this helps  ajb007/martini

G

may want to check with David Z but pretty sure Craig has 1.5 “

Maybe Simon Szrugar would be of better help than David Z. on that  ajb007/biggrin

The Mantis was always The Bond Experience, but now he is The Bond Experience on AJB as well...
Visit youtube.com/TheBondExperience