Ever driven a DB5?

Have you driven or ever wished you could drive a DB5?.....It was my 60th birthday last year and my three kids paid for a track day, i had asked a few times in advance of the day "what car will i be driving?" but they are all very good at keeping secrets. The big day arrived and my son who still lived at home presented me with a white envelope,i knew what it contained of course_ a pass for a track day right?...well yeah, but what car will i be driving? Lambo? ,Ferrari perhaps?...Nah, i was about to drive a Aston DB5 , my son gave me another envelope and upon opening it i found a black bow tie "you gotta wear this...right?"..how could i refuse, i got into my best suit and popped on the dickie, when we arrived we were met by the rest of the family, the plan being to go for a nice meal after the event. We went and registered and were led to the car lot where we were confronted by three rows of the most amazing cars you can imagine, i think about twenty cars in total but one car in particular caught my immediate attention,sitting on row two was a gorgeous silver DB5, my heart was pounding as my wife said "you're driving that one"..OMG i never imagined for a second that the worlds most beautiful car would be sat waiting for me to jump in. After a 10 minute group lecture about the do's and the dont's of driving a supercar we were led out to our respective cars which included a lambo testarossa, Ferrari dino, Aston db9, the batmobile no less and of course the cherry on the cake the Aston martin DB5. One of the "rules" was do not overtake until waved on by the car in front which was a bit of a drag because there were a lot of slowpokes and you rarely got above 40mph also the number of bends was prohibitive but the car and the whole experience were fantastic and i shall be forever grateful for the opportunity to drive this beautiful car.
DB5-DRIVE.jpg
ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,686MI6 Agent
    Oh yes that's the S2000 one isn't it? I saw that got bought by an experience company. It's very impressive, must be loads of fun. Which track do they do that on?
  • silvertoesilvertoe Posts: 34MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Oh yes that's the S2000 one isn't it? I saw that got bought by an experience company. It's very impressive, must be loads of fun. Which track do they do that on?

Three sisters racing circuit in Wigan....great day out even if you just want to watch :)
    ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    Let me express my heartfelt envy :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    silvertoe wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Three sisters racing circuit in Wigan....great day out even if you just want to watch :)

Excellent - and not too far from where I live...may have to find out more -{
    YNWA 97