Elrod house

silvertoesilvertoe Posts: 34MI6 Agent
The House used in Diamonds are forever as Willard whites crib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M8p2L9-PO8
ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat

Comments

• emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    Wow, what an amazing space: weirdly I've never really thought twice about it in the film but it does look great. I wonder how come there are tours going on there when it looks -or looked- to be a house still in use?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Wow, what an amazing space: weirdly I've never really thought twice about it in the film but it does look great. I wonder how come there are tours going on there when it looks -or looked- to be a house still in use?

I always found this house amazing in the film, but for years I thought it was a Ken Adam set and was too unusual to be real.

As for tours of a private house, lots of people want to make money in any way they can. Last year I went on a tour of a villa in Palermo, and the owner and current resident of the villa was the tour guide. It certainly made for a meaningful tour, but at the same time it felt awkward. You know they can't properly afford the house any more, so they're resorting to these measures to hold onto it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,694MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

I always found this house amazing in the film, but for years I thought it was a Ken Adam set and was too unusual to be real.

Yeah I think I hadn't really considered it could be real! :) If they could build that centrifuge in Moonraker after all...!
    Matt S wrote:
    As for tours of a private house, lots of people want to make money in any way they can. Last year I went on a tour of a villa in Palermo, and the owner and current resident of the villa was the tour guide. It certainly made for a meaningful tour, but at the same time it felt awkward. You know they can't properly afford the house any more, so they're resorting to these measures to hold onto it.

That's sad but you're probably right. Or there's that Open House weekend they run every year, I know in the UK but maybe it's worldwide: where places you can't otherwise visit open their doors. Lots of very cool stuff. One year I finally got to go into Battersea Power Station (right before the redevelopment) and I'd been dying to get in there for years.