Topic: TND has some really bad audio problems

I'm not talking about the score here, which is coincidentally one of my favourites of the series, but instead the frequent terrible ADR and stock sound effects. It's quite off-putting as there's many scenes where you can tell a whole lot of cutting and chopping when on in post to glue this film together.

Anyone else find these kind of distracting, on rewatch?

Last edited by DieAnotherDay (5th Jul 2020 07:28)

....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.

Re: TND has some really bad audio problems

DieAnotherDay wrote:

I'm not talking about the score here, which is coincidentally one of my favourites of the series, but instead the frequent terrible ADR and stock sound effects. It's quite off-putting as there's many scenes where you can tell a whole lot of cutting and chopping when on in post to glue this film together.

Can't say i noticed,but i will pay attention to this on next viewing,by the way...whats ADR? ajb007/confused

ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat

silvertoe wrote:
DieAnotherDay wrote:

Can't say i noticed,but i will pay attention to this on next viewing,by the way...whats ADR? ajb007/confused

Automated Dialogue Replacement. Basically when dialogue is re-recorded after the scenes are filmed for various reasons. There's quite a few times in TND that some spoken dialogue is heard but the actors aren't actually talking on screen or their lips are saying something else completely.

....and the best he ever managed was a sermon on the mount.

DieAnotherDay wrote:
silvertoe wrote:
DieAnotherDay wrote:

Automated Dialogue Replacement. Basically when dialogue is re-recorded after the scenes are filmed for various reasons. There's quite a few times in TND that some spoken dialogue is heard but the actors aren't actually talking on screen or their lips are saying something else completely.

Really?....very poor!

ive smelt that aftershave before and both times ive smelt a rat