51

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Barbel wrote:
Higgins wrote:

Wasn‘t that train station used in The Professionals as well.

Don't know, could have been

I think it's Paddington, isn't it? So probably more famous for being in... Paddington ajb007/smile

52

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

I bet he's never seen a pregnant camel!

53

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

I think, they mentioned Waterloo

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

54

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Dalby is played by Nigel Green, who had a significant role opposite Michael Caine in the wonderful Zulu, a year or two before this film.

55

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Higgins wrote:

I think, they mentioned Waterloo

My, my.

56

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Golrush007 wrote:

Dalby is played by Nigel Green, who had a significant role opposite Michael Caine in the wonderful Zulu, a year or two before this film.

Later he was the villain in the 4th Matt Helm “The Wrecking Crew”

57

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Guy Doleman was also Number Two in the opening episode of the Prisoner

58

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

I like the way that Dalby fidgets and plays with his signet ring while meeting with Ross.

59

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

IIRC, his playing with the ring is from the book.

60

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

These extreme over the shoulder shots in which the shoulder occupies 80% of the frame are quite unique and memorable.

61

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Higgins wrote:

I think, they mentioned Waterloo

No, it's actually Marylebone it turns out.

62

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

I so enjoy the cover companies - the employment bureau, the fireworks company, the TV cutting rooms...

63

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Palmer's little spat with Dalby about the Colt and the automatic echoes M replacing Bond's Beretta in Dr. No...

64

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

A bit like Bond being forced to give up his Beretta

65

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Sue Lloyd as Jean reappears 30 years later in “Bullet to Beijing” depending on which version you watch

66

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Gordon Jackson appears, a fine character actor who I always enjoy seeing on screen. He is perhaps best remembered for forgetting to speak German at the checkpoint in The Great Escape.

67

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

The Spy Who Never Dies wrote:

A bit like Bond being forced to give up his Beretta

SpectreOfDefeat wrote:

Palmer's little spat with Dalby about the Colt and the automatic echoes M replacing Bond's Beretta in Dr. No...

Snap!  ajb007/smile

68

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Barbel wrote:

Sue Lloyd as Jean reappears 30 years later in “Bullet to Beijing” depending on which version you watch

Interesting, I didn't realise that it depends on which version you watch. I have a Bullet to Beijing DVD that I haven't watched yet, but I did scan through it looking for Sue Lloyd and I didn't find her.

69

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Golrush007 wrote:
Barbel wrote:

Sue Lloyd as Jean reappears 30 years later in “Bullet to Beijing” depending on which version you watch

Interesting, I didn't realise that it depends on which version you watch. I have a Bullet to Beijing DVD that I haven't watched yet, but I did scan through it looking for Sue Lloyd and I didn't find her.

In the shorter version, you can still hear her voice talking to Harry on the phone.

70

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

More strange camera angles and shots

71

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Barbel wrote:
Golrush007 wrote:
Barbel wrote:

Sue Lloyd as Jean reappears 30 years later in “Bullet to Beijing” depending on which version you watch

Interesting, I didn't realise that it depends on which version you watch. I have a Bullet to Beijing DVD that I haven't watched yet, but I did scan through it looking for Sue Lloyd and I didn't find her.

In the shorter version, you can still hear her voice talking to Harry on the phone.

Good to know. Thanks!

72

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Easy number plate to remember flu

73

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

Oliver MacGreevy, the bald henchman, also the henchman in Alistair MacLean’s “When Eight Bells Toll”

74

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

The place of the lost OHMSS scene

President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

-------Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!------

75

Re: FRIDAY, 10th July 19:00 GMT: Let‘s watch THE IPCRESS FILE together!!

The shots framed through the telephone booth always stand out in my memories of this film. As does the score from this scene.