Opinions on the Barbour Dept. B

I'm thinking ahead to Fall and thinking about picking up a Barbour Dept. B jacket, I'd love to hear from some who own it or have owned it, also about fit as I'm concerned on size, I wear a size 46 suit, or occassionally a 44 if it is full cut and have a 35 inch waist, wondering if an XL will do the trick and allow a sweater worn underneath. Any help, reviews, direction is appreciated. Thanks.
KH

Comments

• frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I have a question too - is there a difference between Dept. B and the Beacon? Or are those different names for the same item? I've tried searching for the answer but as you can imagine the search returns were a muddled mess.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    I have a question too - is there a difference between Dept. B and the Beacon? Or are those different names for the same item? I've tried searching for the answer but as you can imagine the search returns were a muddled mess.

James Bond Lifestyle has you covered...

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/articles/comparing-barbour-beacon-heritage-x-ki-sports-jacket-and-barbour-dept-b-commander
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    I'm thinking ahead to Fall and thinking about picking up a Barbour Dept. B jacket, I'd love to hear from some who own it or have owned it, also about fit as I'm concerned on size, I wear a size 46 suit, or occassionally a 44 if it is full cut and have a 35 inch waist, wondering if an XL will do the trick and allow a sweater worn underneath. Any help, reviews, direction is appreciated. Thanks.
    KH

You need the XXL. I have a 46 inch chest and XXL is perfect. An XL would be too small as the jacket is extremely fitted.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that