B'BC autograph true or false?

Hello, I collect replicas of James Bond objects and autographs, one of the biggest sellers of James Bond autographs is the B'BC sit, either directly via its site or via ebay (24,000 positive reviews) I just saw on a facebook page a person selling B'BC autographs and a great collector whom I respect questioned the honesty of B'BC. What do you think? Can we be confident? have you ever had any problems? Have a good day

https://www.bondcollectibles.de/about/

Comments

• GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    I would be careful about his ebay stuff anyway
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    I have heard his autographs are 100% fake but then also heard about how he obtains them in bulk so not sure what to believe.
    I've made a point of never spending more than a few dollars for any of his signed photos.

Same on memorabilia: Most I would say is legit but there are a few pieces where he's lucked into a supply of items identical to those used on screen and has been passing them off as genuine.

It's a sad story of someone who had an honest business then realizing it could be augmented by slipping in the odd forgery or replica to the point where it's come back to bite them.

Sad thing is, we can't say unequivocally yes he's safe or no, he's not. As always, the rule of "do your homework: if it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't" applies here as everywhere else.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    Caveat Emptor there.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • DrNoPlaquesDrNoPlaques SwabyPosts: 239MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    I must say, I've seen what he's done with the Dr No plaques and wasn't impressed to be honest.
    As I've said, I'm happy if others can sell at a profit then great, as long as done correctly.
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    No , its not the odd forgery as you put it , hes sold forgeries for yrs and yrs on ebay

Hes not much better than Piece of Past or Mueller
  • Espia66Espia66 Posts: 3MI6 Agent

Hi first time posting. I apologies if I break any rules. I have approximately 25 James Bond related signed photos including 2 Sean Connery’s some Roger Moore a number of Pierce BROSNAN, Timothy Dalton what look great multisigned photos. I got all of these between 1998- 2001. All the ones I refer to are from B’BC and have a COA personally signed by their president guaranteeing authenticity. I thought that one Sean Connery I have may be valuable and I could do with the money. I looked into selling it on eBay and it was strongly suggested that I have it authenticated by a third party . I paid Beckett and Garry King for a quick opinion, both agreed that the signature was not likely to be authentic. I am obviously disappointed, and did the research I should have done over 20 years ago. This took me down a huge rabbit hole. Never knew a forgery ring had been busted, B’bc still sell on eBay so that suggests that eBay vouch for them, the COA has the UACC logo but I can’t find anywhere if they are or were UACC dealers . I understand that you can only display a UACC logo if you are a registered dealer. I have since sent a further 11 photos to Beckett I’m still waiting on their opinion on 4 of the 11. 7 have already come back with unlikely to be authentic.

I have messaged the president of b’bc who replied by reminding me of his credentials and asking me to email him scans along with the COAS and original invoices. Unfortunately I can not find the original invoices I have all the COAS.

I’m completely lost as to what to do. His site had the UACC logo which gave me some confidence, AFTAL registered and UACC members are selling or have sold autographs from B’bc. I am in no position to question b’bc’s expertise, nor Becketts and I understand from what I’ve read that Garry King is a well respected dealer and authenticator.

Can anyone offer any advice , I am happy to upload the photos if that helps.

Apologies for the long winded email and thanks in advance

Miguel

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

Hi Miguel, sorry to hear about your predicament.

Firstly, if it helps I wouldn’t beat yourself up about not having done any research some 20 years back. At that time, certainly on this forum, B’BC was the go-to place for signed Bond items. Since that time I’m aware that the eBay items have come in for some raised eyebrows, and not the Roger Moore type: a few too many ‘rare’ autographs going for next to nothing all too often for a lot of people’s liking. Some of the postings above mention this.

Having said that, regarding web site stock, I know he sources a lot of stock from another autograph dealer I buy from. Usually by the time I get the new additions email from this particular respected UACC registered dealer, any Bond items have been sold to Germany!

I have a few autographs from him, all purchased about 20 years ago. I’m happy with these and in fact the dates you give for your autos pre-date my own purchases.

As with most autographs unless you actually see it signed in front of you, there’s always room for doubt as to authenticity.

Ultimately I suppose it’s whether you feel that the autograph is right and the opinion of those you’ve consulted might help you reach that conclusion. The fact the B’BC are engaging with you is good in of itself.

If you are dissatisfied, has he suggested he’s receptive to refunding you if you don’t find the invoices or is that the end of the matter with no redress? If so I’d have a damn good look for them, but would think he has some records his end to correspond with the COAs you do have.

Hope this helps some.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Thanks for your reply it’s really appreciated. I ended up sending 11 pieces to Beckett for a quick opinion sadly they all came back as unlikely to be authentic. Here are some of them. He’s asked me to send him the images as well as the coas and invoices, hopefully you are correct and he keeps a record of his COAs.. Thanks again for your help. The photo of Sean Connery leaning on the Aston Martin is a great picture it’s a shame there is considerable doubt over the authenticity of his autograph.. It’s very clear from what I’ve read that you are 100% right the only way to know if an autograph is authentic is if you watch the person sign it with your own eyes. If you know any of these autographs I’d appreciate an opinion. Thanks again and have a great weekend.

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,497Chief of Staff

I have heard rumours about this seller…especially on eBay - but I stress they are rumours…I’m sure I’ve read complaints from several people, possibly on this forum - there was/is a dedicated thread about autographs on AJB…use the search function and look for Autograph Reference - have a read through that as there are (or were) some very knowledgeable people on there 🙂

Unfortunately COA’s are pretty much worthless, anyone can claim that 😕

Let’s hope you get your money back - then draw a line under the whole episode.

YNWA 97

Thanks Sir Miles.